PDA

View Full Version : No Shoes On Boat

pdhj1990
04-05-2015, 07:06 PM
I grew tired of asking guests to remove their shoes on my old boat. Have any of you guys tried stickers like these?

Heres a link to the company's website:

http://www.bajajunkey.com/STICKERS.html

boardman74
04-05-2015, 09:44 PM
Stickers or not, your still going to have to tell them. I just stop inviting the people who can't figure it out after reminding them a few times.

viking
04-05-2015, 10:52 PM
I wouldn't spend your money on that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

BrettLee3232
04-05-2015, 11:05 PM
No shoes on boat. I remind them throughout the day...most respect it. Some are just well, girls haha and they forget or are drunk.

I wouldn't waste money on the stickers though.

trayson
04-05-2015, 11:53 PM
No stickers. It's not that hard to tell people before they get on. Anyone that is a regular already has it down. It's really not much of a problem for me.

KG's Supra24
04-06-2015, 12:59 AM
Agreed with the others. Nahh on the stickers, imo.

Your primary guest is a big influence on what the rest of the group does. Get them to help you make it obvious what needs to happen.

mcdye
04-06-2015, 08:17 AM
I used the stickers on my last ride, got them off ebay. We usually load from the land, and they were placed below the rub rail on the back side. I didn’t rely on the stickers alone, it is more of a conversation starter about no shoes. I have placed the duty of training new guest about the boat guidelines to whoever is asking someone to come along.

gregski
04-06-2015, 11:47 AM
We have a dedicated storage area for shoes. At the dock we just say "shoes go in here". Then they are put away and there isn't even a chance or reason for them to come back out.

kaneboats
04-06-2015, 01:45 PM
I did this for years but no more. You will find that the dirt from your shoes will vacuum up or spray out. However, the oil from a person's feet will stay forever and it is a huge reason old carpet is nasty.

zabooda
04-06-2015, 02:01 PM
Shoes are ok in my boat. Sandals are more practical and clean sandals are the best. I tell them to clean their sandals off before getting into the boat if they are boarding on the back deck from the water. I prefer people wear sandals on the beach as a trip to a hospital with a foot cut may take hours just to get there along with the mess and down time. I'm going on 16 years in my Moomba with the original carpet.

Sun tan lotion is more of a concern as I had to replace skins due to stains. So I provide the lotion in the boat and they can use theirs when we get to a beach and allow time for the lotion to soak in.

kaneboats
04-06-2015, 02:04 PM
This is a good time for a reminder that many brands of the spray on tanning lotion or sunblock will blister your gelcoat. Be very careful with anyone spraying on their sun products in or near your boat.

drb59
04-06-2015, 02:49 PM
Thanks Kane, I did not know that. When we were in Mexico, it seemed everyone uses the spray on lotions and it is getting more popular. It looked to me that more went in the air than on the body but I am old school!

liquid_acid
04-06-2015, 03:39 PM
People forget. It's all in good fun. Just like this.
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/04/06/f2223ffe77ea04e4f6858da1f20d8795.jpg

trayson
04-06-2015, 03:43 PM
Might as well put the family window stickers on there too... you know the ones with white mom/dad/kid/dog/cat that you see on minivans...

You can even get them with a wakeboarder body:

http://www.mybelvedere.com/Images/familystickers/Sports%20and%20Hobby%20bodies/24%20Wakeboard.jpg

Sinjun
04-06-2015, 06:56 PM
Our docks get to hot to walk on bare foot, I don't care as long as they're wearing boating or deck shoes with non marking soles.

trayson
04-06-2015, 07:07 PM
Our docks get to hot to walk on bare foot, I don't care as long as they're wearing boating or deck shoes with non marking soles.

For us, it's not the risk of the soles marking up the boat in some way, it's more the fact that it's nearly impossible to get from the boat launch parking lot or dock into the boat without tracking some degree of sand/grit into the boat.

Sand and grit is abrasive. And there are a variety of surfaces in my boat that could ultimately be harmed or weathered by that abrasion. So by having people take off their shoes, it will inherently extend the life of my vinyl and keep the rest of my surfaces looking nicer for longer.

So bottom line, before they step foot into the boat (and inherently on my vinyl to get in) they just slip their shoes/flipflops off. I typically use the little bit of dead space to the back/starboard of my driver's seat before my seat for the pile-o-flipflops. And as people ready to step on, they simply hand me their footwear and I put them in the spot and they don't need them until we're done for the day.

No gaudy stickers needed or wanted.

jester
04-06-2015, 09:59 PM
Train your boat crew to let new people know. I have my boat crew so well trained I do not have to say anything.

trayson
04-06-2015, 10:38 PM
Train your boat crew to let new people know. I have my boat crew so well trained I do not have to say anything.

In fact, people surrender their shoes AND their clothing when they get on Jester's boat.

jester
04-06-2015, 11:27 PM
In fact, people surrender their shoes AND their clothing when they get on Jester's boat.

You know Rule #2.

bergermaister
04-07-2015, 12:42 AM
This is a good time for a reminder that many brands of the spray on tanning lotion or sunblock will blister your gelcoat. Be very careful with anyone spraying on their sun products in or near your boat.

Head this warning! I spent a lot of time, sweat, beers and cursing cleaning off overspray that was like glue on both gel coat and vinyl thanks to some careless girls. The aerosol stuff is only allowed on the beach after that little episode.

As for shoes - get your kids (if you have them) on it - they are great bull dogs at protecting the family's pride and joy. I'll never forget my son a few summers ago harping on his grandma for having her sandals on when she climbed in. Was pretty surprised he was so passionate about it that he almost got his head slapped off.

trayson
04-07-2015, 12:57 AM
Are there certain sun products to stay away from? what specifically happens to the vinyl? I like the convenience of the spray stuff. We tend to use coppertone sport...

KG's Supra24
04-07-2015, 02:08 AM
Are there certain sun products to stay away from? what specifically happens to the vinyl? I like the convenience of the spray stuff. We tend to use coppertone sport...

yea ... stay away from that one, lol

I think the copper is what you are supposed to avoid?

........ maybe i just made that up, dunno

jester
04-07-2015, 10:48 AM
Stay away from any of the sprays. My last boat I noticed some spots that were affected and their is no spray's for suntan allowed on the new boat.

liquid_acid
04-07-2015, 10:54 AM
I got three rules.
1) no glass
2) no shoes
3) no spray sunscreen.

No bad music is understood. You can't unhear bad music.

trayson
04-07-2015, 11:10 AM
Stay away from any of the sprays. My last boat I noticed some spots that were affected and their is no spray's for suntan allowed on the new boat.

Define "affected". I used spray on my Supra and am curious how it might have been affected and what I'm looking for.

slipperyrockTKE300
04-07-2015, 11:12 AM
my three rules:

1. if you bring lite beer, don't be wantin' any of my Yeungling when you run out

2. cheese puffs and potato chips have to be fresh

3. the more wings you bring, the more I will like you

parrothd
04-07-2015, 11:56 AM
Caked on spray sunscreen.. Icky.. Totally awesome won't even remove it.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/04/07/f1d1c87cf82c990f67ebb626411833ab.jpg

zabooda
04-07-2015, 01:16 PM
I'm not sure what suntan lotion(s) was the culprit. Light orange markings showed up a day or two later in the form of two leg patterns. It happened two different times and all I know is the lotion I keep in the boat doesn't cause that. The down side is the lotion is probably five years old now. I think once the lotion soaks into the skin it is no longer a problem.

bergermaister
04-08-2015, 12:34 PM
In my case - the spray on stuff overspray left residue as if you had sprayed 3M adhesive all over. Came off but what a PITA! Also had outlines of legs and arms from direct contact right afterwards. Don't recall how it affected the vinyl as that vinyl is long gone now...

mmandley
04-08-2015, 11:47 PM
We don't allow shoes on the boat, unless its Wake The World because its hard to get the families to understand. Some do some don't.

We use the towels on all the seats until we know what kind of family we have.

Normally the expectation is,
Gas, Grass, Cash or Beer.

I never ask for any donations but they are accepted, your continued invitations might rely on this though.

I always have Fuel and Beer, didn't want to say Gas with this crowd again.

Shows off when Entering the boat.
Must be ok with a Wet dog shaking on you
Must be ok with Partial hearing loss possibilities.

Bring your own playlist to surf to unless you want me to make you one then your at my mercy.

We do have 3 official Rules though.

1. No Hoes on the boat. <Claudia Rule>

Seriously

1. Must have fun
2. Ok with Nudity, if you lose your swim suit due to not wearing the correct one, your fault not mine, here's a towel get your naked ass in the boat. <seen plenty of boobs from random girls brought out by friends lol>
3. When rider is in the Water, they are the focus, no matter what.
4. No spray lotion, tanning or anything. I actually stopped a friend of Claudia's for this, made him wear a towel until he spent time in the water.

bergermaister
04-09-2015, 12:56 AM
If you were a single man...

https://img1.etsystatic.com/049/0/9177007/il_570xN.687786249_h4az.jpg

mmandley
04-09-2015, 01:15 AM

Yup I would so get a sticker on the rear of the boat for that. But I am not single, so no sticker.. LOL

chadjitsu1
04-09-2015, 10:21 AM
There may be a market for gunwale traction pads that say "NO SHOES" since you have to step on the traction pad to get in the boat it would be a nice reminder. Anyone want to make a buck?

viking
04-09-2015, 11:46 AM
How about "No Shoes, No Shirt - SERVICE"

jester
04-09-2015, 03:50 PM

I need to get this one. The joys of bring single.