PDA

View Full Version : What alternator to upgrade to

JONBLARC7
04-03-2015, 01:37 PM
I posted over on the supra forum but that forum almost seems dead sometimes. Anyway

I have a supra with a indmar assault 325. My altenator is out and I need to replace it. Anybody know the part number for a direct replacement. It's has the 70 amp one now and I would like to go up to the 90 or bigger with kith changing anything else. I think the 90 is a plug and play but can't find the part number2171021711

JONBLARC7
04-03-2015, 01:38 PM
Local dealership told me I would have to swap out all the pulleys to upgrade to the 90. Can anybody confirm this ????

and

If you look at the one on the bottom of this page http://www.skidim.com/products.asp?dept=1174 I think it will work for my boat but I'm not sure. If I could find the part number for the kit I could get it for a discount from my father inlaw but the website doesn't give a lot of information.

its a 2006 24v sunsport

sivs1
04-03-2015, 01:52 PM
I should have the same motor as you, so interested in why do you feel you need something larger? I have never felt the alternator is lacking power or ability to keep things running/charging.

JONBLARC7
04-03-2015, 02:54 PM
With three amps and ballast and lights why not up grade to the 90 amp alternator if its just a plug and play. I've been fighting voltage problem for a year because the 70 amp alternator was on the out so I would hate to replace it and still have charging problem messing with perfect pass because of low voltage.

trayson
04-03-2015, 03:56 PM
subscribed to see what you find out...

another person here with the 325 assult

JONBLARC7
04-03-2015, 11:15 PM
http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=790416

Read here really good info on it. Brett Yates and SwatGuy have some good stuff

I might just stick with the 70 amp for now but it looks do able

beat taco
04-04-2015, 12:27 PM
Local dealership told me I would have to swap out all the pulleys to upgrade to the 90. Can anybody confirm this ????

and

If you look at the one on the bottom of this page http://www.skidim.com/products.asp?dept=1174 I think it will work for my boat but I'm not sure. If I could find the part number for the kit I could get it for a discount from my father inlaw but the website doesn't give a lot of information.

its a 2006 24v sunsport
You only have to put the v belt pulley on that alternator off your old alternator as stated in the description.
The other option is to go to a 1 wire alternator which opens up more options. I would have to go look at mine since it's been a while since I converted it, I think all I had to do was run a new 4ga wire from my alt. to my starter.

jfox8807
04-05-2015, 11:14 AM
you can contact mechman alternators with all the measurements off your old alt and they will send u a direct fit with a lot more than 90 amps output. when i was talking to them i was gonna be able to do like 200 amp or somthing like that, and i could go all the way to 325-350 amp if i wanted to install idler pulley to get more belt-to-pulley contact to keep it from slipping. hope this helps.