PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade Gravity I

Pacs007
05-25-2006, 02:27 PM
To All,

I currently have the Gravity I ballast system and would like to add some rear ballast bags onto an Outback V. So my question is: Does the gravity III system use one pump to fill all three bags and if it does, is it the same pump that is used on the Gravity I system?

My plan is to use on pump to fill and then individual pumps to empty? However, I am open to any ideas.

JesseC
05-25-2006, 10:40 PM
On my LSV I have the three ballast system and it uses a RULE 2000gph pump that fills all three bags. There are the three valves that control where the water goes. The single pump goes into the "tree" and which ever valve is open flows water to the appropriate bag. If I flip all three switches all valves are opened and the pump fills all three bags at the same time. Aloso each bag has a seperate evacuation pump. I have upgraded to 400 lb rear bags and the stock Gravity III 275 lbs are in the back of the garage.

05-27-2006, 02:19 AM
Thank you very much for the reply. I believe I have the same pump minus the 3-way valve. I should be able to plumb it without to much trouble.

Do you have to add any additional weight to the front other than the 400 pound locker ballast bag?

06OutbackV
07-19-2006, 09:55 PM
I also have an outback V with the Gravity I ballast. I want to add some more weight in the back for a better wake. I'm thinking about using the existing pumps, maybe split the line that pumps the bag into three different valves to fill each. Then plum the draining piping the same way using the same pump that emptys that one bag. It could be to much water for one pump to handle.