PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Mojo 2.5 vs 2014 Supra SC350

boardman74
04-01-2015, 08:27 PM
So long story short we had a falling out with the dealer we had ordered a 2015 Mojo with at the boat show. They decided they were doing me a favor by offering to sell me a boat and I saw it different. Frustrating situation thats just not worth going into. So we aren't going to buy from them and as such lost our mid April Build slot. We have moved on to the dealer we should have been dealing with (other dealer we met at the boat show and were out of their territory, but claimed that was fine) and oddly they are also the MC dealer so I am already a customer as we had a MC.

So with the build slot gone the next one they can get is later than we want. But they have a couple holdovers that we are interested in. First is a 2014 Mojo 2.5. I know its the old hull, but how does it perform and compare to the new 15 Mojo.

Other is a 2014 Loaded Supra SC350. They have 2 and they are pricing them very aggressively. Great deal, but they are still a lot of money compared to the Moomba's. Well I guess not terrible they are asking probably pretty close to what people are paying for well optioned 2015 Mojo's.

Saturday I said the Supra was just to much money, I mean I about passed out at the $111,000 MSRP. But its a smoking deal. It has every option under the sun. I wouldn't have to add anything. The negative is it would be the most expensive bought I have bought by almost 10K. But man is it nice!!

Looking for input from people with experience with these 2 models.

sandm
04-01-2015, 08:36 PM
not having surfed either one, if it was my coin, I'd compare both but my $$ would want to take the supra. sat in an sc and hoping to surf one this spring from the dealer. boat really impressed me in the overall fit/finish and some of the options compared to my current boat.

Mobius22
04-01-2015, 08:48 PM
Both boats surf well (Mojo likes a lot of weight), but the SC with upgraded sacs in the rear and the swell system is a monster. If you're getting a deal on a loaded SC, then I would go for it. A great deal on that kind of boat allows you to re-sell it for basically what you have in it. The new Supras have been doing well on re-sale so gatta take that into account as well. Demo the SC with 750s in the rear (make sure on that), you wont be disappointed. A 14 Mojo is still a great boat and I'm sure they're giving you a good deal on that holdover as well, but if it was me.... I would go with the SC

wolfeman131
04-01-2015, 10:05 PM
Sorry to hear about the issue with the dealer.

We owned the '12 Mojo and have spent a few days on a '14 SC at the photo shoot. As much as we loved our Mojo, the SC was very impressive and we would have gone with that as our next boat had the SG not been released.

KG's Supra24
04-01-2015, 10:30 PM
If you already had the 15 Mojo ordered ... It seems like settling for the previous hull and manual flow leaves the door wide open for regret. At least in my mind it would.

Am I mistaken you were a mostly surf guy? What is your preferred surf side?

I'd def take a strong look at the SC bc it's a dang nice boat. +swell

http://supraboats.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/wEBSITE_2015-Supra-SC_Website-Gallery_900x600_p12.jpg

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/2HIfWDpQDM4/maxresdefault.jpg

http://supraboats.com/SC350-550/images/photo/image1.jpg

boardman74
04-01-2015, 10:40 PM
We do really like the SC. We have 3 regular surfers and my son is goofy.

I thought about the regret part already. We also still plan to turn the boat at the end of the year. I worry about resale with the old hull and manual flow. I have a price on the SC but won't know the price on the Mojo till tomorrow. The MOjo will have to be as good a deal as the SC to consider it. Plus my wife really likes the colors of the SC.

jmvotto
04-01-2015, 10:42 PM
If you already had the 15 Mojo ordered ... It seems like settling for the previous hull and manual flow leaves the door wide open for regret. At least in my mind it would.

Am I mistaken you were a mostly surf guy? What is your preferred surf side?

I'd def take a strong look at the SC bc it's a dang nice boat. +swell

http://supraboats.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/wEBSITE_2015-Supra-SC_Website-Gallery_900x600_p12.jpg

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/2HIfWDpQDM4/maxresdefault.jpg

http://supraboats.com/SC350-550/images/photo/image1.jpg

Daaaammmmmnnnnnn!

boardman74
04-01-2015, 10:42 PM
She likes the colors.

KG's Supra24
04-01-2015, 10:43 PM
Plus my wife really likes the colors of the SC.

I don't know why you asked us then :D

I mentioned the surf bc I've seen comments regarding the goofy side taking some work to get cleaned up on the older Mojo hull.

I agree with her! Love the UNC blue color.

tater
04-01-2015, 10:48 PM
There was a thread about leftover SC's at a pretty good price in Sales and information, Think they were in Texas on sale for 79K.

mmandley
04-02-2015, 12:49 AM
I have not spent time in the 15 Mojo.

I got to Demo an SC350 for 2 days In June 13 when it was being released. Might even be that same White and Black posted.

Stock vs Stock

Mojo 1100s, and IBS to make the weights fair between to the too. No Flow.

Hull vs Hull.

Mojo out of the box has a really great wave, lots of push and its big.

SC out of the Box has a very comparable wave but its got a better top sections on the wave, and cleans up better, also its more adjustable with the wake plate and doesn't cause the wave to wash out.

When you switch both boats to Goofy its night and Day.

SC has a much nicer goofy wave, cleans up better, and Claudia wanted to buy the boat right then because the SC wave is so much better then the Mojo.

Interior isn't a fair comparison in my mind mainly because the Supra is the upgraded boat, more bling.

How ever there is some substantial differences that have to be noted.

1 SC is 21.8 ft
Mojo is 22.5

Interior length on both boats in the main cabin is very similar, but the bow is night and day different.
SC behind the driver has the trashcan partition and this detracts from space for people to sit, where as the Mojo doesn't have this option so you get more space. Mojo still feels much larger in the cabin due to no partition.

Bow size is only important if you have people who really like to ride in the bow.

Storage is also very different. The SC does not have nearly the storage as the Mojo.

SC having Hard tanks in the rear takes up considerable space, also once you add the liquid lead ballast you have soft bags in the rear taking up more space.

At the end of our 2 day demo we where really torn on which boat we should go with if we wanted to upgrade.

We already had our Mojo for a few months and had gotten used to all the room of the bow, and we just felt the upgrade to an SC wasn't worth the money at the time.

The biggest negative we saw in the SC was the size of the bow and Storage, this kept us in the Mojo. Other then that, if they would have had the SC released when we sold the LSV we might have bought it instead of the Mojo.

If you want to talk strictly Wave though, hands down the SC will deliver a better wave, surfing both sides, with or without the Swell.

SC also has a much cleaner, nicer Wake Board wave as well.

This is what you should expect from a boat from the same manufacture that costs 40% more at the time.

smorris7
04-02-2015, 06:38 AM
Not sure what you are be quoted on the SC but looking around the country on 14 hold overs if it's a 350 then your price should be between 75 and 80K. Get online and do ur research. At those prices it should be an easy decision based on resale value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mmandley
04-02-2015, 06:59 AM
Not sure what you are be quoted on the SC but looking around the country on 14 hold overs if it's a 350 then your price should be between 75 and 80K. Get online and do ur research. At those prices it should be an easy decision based on resale value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I could have got it for 70K I would have been all over it like a fat kid on cake.

sandm
04-02-2015, 08:02 AM
there's a 15 with 4hrs in kentucky with the 400raptor for 77k. betting 74 would take it home. says it's loaded up.
thought long about that one, but not the right time yet...

http://www.onlyinboards.com/2015-Supra-SC400-4-hrs--for-sale-Albany-Kentucky-48372.aspx

tarheelskier
04-02-2015, 09:23 AM
Love the UNC blue color.

Me too! That is sexy!

mmandley
04-02-2015, 09:27 AM
there's a 15 with 4hrs in kentucky with the 400raptor for 77k. betting 74 would take it home. says it's loaded up.
thought long about that one, but not the right time yet...

http://www.onlyinboards.com/2015-Supra-SC400-4-hrs--for-sale-Albany-Kentucky-48372.aspx

I would be weary with English worse then mine in the ad.

tarheelskier
04-02-2015, 09:30 AM
I would be weary with English worse then mine in the ad.

Come on, give him a break....he is in Kentucky! :p

sandm
04-02-2015, 12:01 PM
phone number points to legit website.
Denney Marine.

looking at the website, it's pretty apparent that wakeboats are not their primary bread and butter.

boardman74
04-02-2015, 02:39 PM
I'm thinking the deal I am being offered is hard to pass up even though its more than we planned to spend. We wakeboard and surf pretty close to 50/50 and it sounds like the SC can do both well.

With the only negatives being storage and the little bow that suits us perfect. We have a lake place so there is never anything more than a few lifejackets in the boat. My compartments stay empty. As to the bow…I hate having people sit in the bow!! Sounds like a good fit!!

KG's Supra24
04-02-2015, 02:52 PM
They advertise the boat like it has plenty of bow space :D

https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7328/9362346492_f4fe3732e4_z.jpg

boardman74
04-02-2015, 03:06 PM
We ran Tige RZR's(20 foot pickle fork) the last 3 season which have what I call a "2 kid bow" this looks about the same or a bit bigger.

mark540
04-02-2015, 03:22 PM
The SC is pretty big feeling vs an RZR, i really wanted an SC (most likely a leftover) but between Moomba and Supra the only new boats that will fit in a 7' garage door is the Mondo and the LSV. Bums me out that i have an extra deep, three car garage and can fit any length, but very few boats these days can go in a 7' let alone an 8' foot in some cases.

The Supra, other than the whale front end, is visually rock solid(colors other than white hide this pretty well), if i could accomodate it there is no question I would get one.

sivs1
04-02-2015, 03:34 PM
This is a tough call, I was looking at both the SC and the Mojo while at the boat show knowing the SC hull design is a good candidate for the new/revised LSV I was torn, but the price? Ouch. If your getting a SC for the price of a Mojo? no brainer there. Post pics with whatever you decide.

mcdye
04-02-2015, 03:56 PM
"If your getting a SC for the price of a Mojo? no brainer there." ditto....

KG's Supra24
04-06-2015, 08:55 PM
Welp? ......

99bison
04-07-2015, 12:08 AM
SC is fantastic. There's also several "deals" to be had on them out there. Personally think the SA looks better, but the nose is lower so probably would pick the SC if it were me.

"Same price as Mojo? No brainer" ditto ditto