PDA

View Full Version : Wiring ht4 amp to pair of rev 8's

Jrichard1987
03-31-2015, 03:19 PM
Hey I wired in a pair of rev 8's to a wet sounds ht4 amp bridged. Just want to make sure I have all the amp settings right so I don't blow the speakers. What should I have gain/frequency etc. all set to? And how should I be running my rca cables when bridged? Newbie to the sterio stuff have patience please!

Jordan
2014 moomba möbius lsv

mmandley
03-31-2015, 05:17 PM
Dave? MLA?

WS experts?

KG's Supra24
03-31-2015, 05:45 PM
^LOL ... silly. Most of the question is not WS specific.

http://www.wetsounds.com/media/products/manuals/Wet_Sounds_HT4_User_Manual.pdf

Check pages 7 and 8 of that PDF.

Looks like the + goes to the + on the odd channels (1 and 3) and - goes to the - on the even channels (2 and 4)

Set to highpass and frequency around 80.

Look at the PDF for some instructions on gain setting. Essentially turn it all the way down (counter clockwise), turn the head unit up until you hear distortion, bring it down a click or two, then turn the gain up until you hear distortion or it's simply plenty loud.

That's it in a nutshell but I'm sure the pros will be along soon to help further .... You might have to give them more than a couple hours though :p

David Analog
03-31-2015, 05:48 PM
Hey I wired in a pair of rev 8's to a wet sounds ht4 amp bridged. Just want to make sure I have all the amp settings right so I don't blow the speakers. What should I have gain/frequency etc. all set to? And how should I be running my rca cables when bridged? Newbie to the sterio stuff have patience please!
Jordan
2014 moomba möbius lsv

Jordan,
Good system tuning is not according to a fixed set of numbers. It's according to a step by step, sequential process. The proper prescription is universal although the numbers certainly are not.
For anyone who wants to get the maximum performance from their system I would recommend using Odin @ Earmark Marine as your equipment source and technical resource. He is exceptionally versed in gain structure and system tuning and will personally walk you through the process. And he will make the same equipment sound better.
So I will give you what is a starting point. But by no means are these final numbers.
You must populate all inputs of this particular amplifier when bridging into two channels. This will require two RCA 'Y' adapters.
In the highpass mode, you can begin by setting your frequency at or above 100 Hz. That's simply a safe number. Not 'the' number.
Since you are bridging into a 4-ohm load, equivalent to a 2-ohm stereo load, you will not need as much gain to derive the full amplifier power. So begin at around 40% which should be safe. However, this amplifier input setting is dependent on the voltage of every upstream audio component in the chain. So again, let's call this a safe number but not 'the' number.

MLA
03-31-2015, 08:18 PM
Dave? MLA?

WS experts?

dont need to be a brand expert, just someone with actual audio knowledge. So, how would you set the gains, HZ and configure the RCA?

KG's Supra24
03-31-2015, 09:32 PM
Ahh, my advise was on the wrong side of the amp. I didn't address the RCA's. My fault.

Also, "Are you really playing Nickleback" is about all I remember from David when he walked Dusty and I through tuning. (others than the basics I mentioned above)

.... You are supposed to use Nickleback, though

mmandley
03-31-2015, 09:38 PM
dont need to be a brand expert, just someone with actual audio knowledge. So, how would you set the gains, HZ and configure the RCA?

I dont think it matters how I would set it up.

I asked for you and Dave because to me you two are the WS experts.

That post was not sarcastic or meant to be negative. It was strickly meant for the only real 4 people who know tuning up and down.

Brian and Phil haven't been around.

Plus I honestly feel if I put my thoughts into an audio thread I would only get posted over by a few select people.

So I choose to say nothing and help those who ask me.

KG's Supra24
03-31-2015, 09:42 PM
Dave? MLA?

WS experts?

So I choose to say nothing and help those who ask me.

OP, if you would like Mike's assistance, please PM him.

mmandley
03-31-2015, 09:53 PM

OP, if you would like Mike's assistance, please PM him.

Exactly my point as to what I meant.

Taking it out of context as normal.

I dont tune my system Brian or Bill does. I only install my systems. I help people get in contact with Exile but I dont tell people whos products are better or worse.

KG's Supra24
03-31-2015, 09:59 PM
Exactly my point as to what I meant.

I know. I was simply rephrasing your first post for you. Nothing out of context.

It came across as if you had beef with Dave and MLA.

mmandley
03-31-2015, 10:01 PM
I know. I was simply rephrasing your first post for you.

It came across as if you had beef with Dave and MLA.

No not at all bro. I actually havent said anything negative or with intentions of negative vibes to them in a long time.

I rather let them do what they do, they are more expert then I and I rather have their input on this forum then be a reason they leave.

MLA
03-31-2015, 10:05 PM
Again, theres nothing here that has to do with brand expertise. Mike, according to brian, I have zero exile knowledge, yet I could tune your system just the same.

Ive contacted the OP via PM.

mmandley
03-31-2015, 10:08 PM
Again, theres nothing here that has to do with brand expertise. Mike, according to brian, I have zero exile knowledge, yet I could tune your system just the same.

Ive contacted the OP via PM.

I saw it as bridging a WS amp you might need to know the RCA configuration of the amp.

Was purely thinking you or Dave should chime in on this.

Sorry was only trying to help.

MLA
03-31-2015, 10:25 PM
I saw it as bridging a WS amp you might need to know the RCA configuration of the amp.

Was purely thinking you or Dave should chime in on this.

Sorry was only trying to help.

Yep and I know how to configure the RCAs on your exile amps just the same. Its not a brand thing, just show me the input switches.

David Analog
03-31-2015, 10:58 PM
Ahh, my advise was on the wrong side of the amp. I didn't address the RCA's. My fault.

Also, "Are you really playing Nickleback" is about all I remember from David when he walked Dusty and I through tuning. (others than the basics I mentioned above)

.... You are supposed to use Nickleback, though

Yeah,
Nickelback could be okay but only if you listen to a steady diet of that type music. It's in your face max compression with virtually no white space. So it will find clipping at an earlier point than other music, or certainly as compared to the music that I listen to. You want clean, dynamic, busy and content across the entire bandwidth. Nickelback is just at one extreme.

David Analog
03-31-2015, 11:05 PM
Dave? MLA?

WS experts?

Mike,
I read nothing into this.
Happy to help.
Just not something you can comprehensively do in a few paragraphs on a forum.
Like I said, Odin is the real sound engineer. He actually did sound set-up at a Dallas music venue for hundreds of touring bands.

newty
03-31-2015, 11:11 PM
Greetings my fellow members. I'm felt right cheery tonight before I depart on a long awaited vacation.

Aloha beaches.

Jrichard1987
04-02-2015, 08:15 AM
Thanks for all the help guys gonna try and get it tuned up as much as I can over the weekend!

Jordan
2014 moomba möbius lsv