PDA

View Full Version : Water in the boat

Dillon
05-24-2003, 10:02 AM
There is a 1/2 of water in the bottom of the boat. When I manually kick on th bilge it does not remove the water. Is this standard for the boat or should I take it back to the dealer?

Troy
06-03-2003, 05:36 PM
I've got an 03 Outback with the same issue. When I looked at the bilge pump and it looks like it is mounted on a high spot just under the motor. I couldent determine how it is mounted but I'm thinking of moving it about 4 inches forward to a much lower point in the bilge. Is there any reason not to do this?

james yarosz
06-03-2003, 06:30 PM
I know how you guys feel.I just bought a 2003 outback ls. this is my third inboard and they all mount the pump under the motor ,but on a riser block.(I guess so they can screw it down without going through the bottom of the boat) On my two previous boats i mounted a second pump all the way back and on the bottom of the boat using a bracket off something existing so as not to make a hole in the bottom of the boat. I just looked at my ls and the lowest spot seems to be right behind where the prop shaft goes through the hull.Right behind this spot is a bracket that holds the steering cable.I will mount another bracket off of it that bends down to the bottom of the boat and mount a bilge pump to it.I wire it in to the existing pump and run a new hose and fitting out near the back of the boat.When the boat first takes off and the nose is high,I turn the pump on and it gets almost all the water out. j.y.