PDA

View Full Version : Need a third Eugene OR

jester
03-30-2015, 06:59 PM
Hello Everyone. I am looking for more boat crew members for this summer or in reality now. I have already been out 4 times and ready to get out even more. I ride around Eugene OR and looking for both Weekends and Weekday riding. Let me know if you are interested.

parrothd
03-30-2015, 10:21 PM
I use a Meetup group to find boarders, you might want to start one or see if there's one near you.

parrothd
03-30-2015, 10:27 PM
You asked the same last year..lol

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?24443-Expand-boat-crew-Eugene-OR

mmandley
03-30-2015, 10:55 PM
Problem is your location lol

trayson
03-31-2015, 02:01 PM
Problem is your location lol

I agree. if you were in PDX, we'd have crew for you all the time.

jester
04-02-2015, 05:41 PM
Every year I am looking for new people. I really do not think it is the location just all you Portland people do not understand how many nice lakes I have in my area. I was thinking of starting a meet up.

mmandley
04-02-2015, 11:55 PM
Every year I am looking for new people. I really do not think it is the location just all you Portland people do not understand how many nice lakes I have in my area. I was thinking of starting a meet up.

Trust me bro, I would love to spend time at Fall Creek, Green Peter is my second fav in your area. The issue is the 2 hour drive down and then back up at the end of the day. 4 hours travel time is a lot when you go boating all day.

viking
04-03-2015, 12:07 AM
The issue is the 2 hour drive down and then back up at the end of the day. 4 hours travel time is a lot when you go boating all day.

Welcome to my world....a typical day for us! :-(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mmandley
04-03-2015, 12:11 AM
Welcome to my world....a typical day for us! :-(

We used to do this when we lived in our other home. 45 minutes to and from Hagg, or 90 minutes to and from Merwin in Washington on the weekends.

Everyone else was passed out in the truck but I was left driving. I would be exhausted by the end of the day.

One of the big factors of moving to Carlton is we are 20 minutes from our favorite lake, 20 minutes from the River. It also Helps I taught Claudia how to back the truck and boat up, then she got brave and wanted to drive them home. Sold, Now I can really party all day and she drives us home since she doesn't drink LOL.

Truck and boat sits in the street still because she won't back it onto the RV pad or into the garage. I am ok with that.

viking
04-03-2015, 12:36 AM
LIKE.....I need to get my wife more comfortable hooking it up and launching. She'll tow it in a straight line forward like a champ though :-)

bergermaister
04-03-2015, 12:56 AM
Everyone else was passed out in the truck but I was left driving. I would be exhausted by the end of the day.

This. This is my world. All summer long.

But for me backing in to the parking spot at home is like threading a needle every time. Not gonna let anyone else attempt that. Much more fun doing it in the dark after eleventeen beers on the water.

sandm
04-03-2015, 06:20 AM
man, I think I have a mile to the boat launch...

would trade a longer commute to the lake for water that isn't green all summer tho :)

New Guy
04-07-2015, 03:44 PM
Scott here you go. Only an hour from DePere.
https://www.google.com/maps/search/high+falls+flowage/@45.3848286,-88.1760702,10z

trayson
04-07-2015, 05:24 PM
We used to do this when we lived in our other home. 45 minutes to and from Hagg, or 90 minutes to and from Merwin in Washington on the weekends.

One of the big factors of moving to Carlton is we are 20 minutes from our favorite lake, 20 minutes from the River. It also Helps I taught Claudia how to back the truck and boat up, then she got brave and wanted to drive them home. Sold, Now I can really party all day and she drives us home since she doesn't drink LOL.

Truck and boat sits in the street still because she won't back it onto the RV pad or into the garage. I am ok with that.

And to think on Saturday I got up at 5:30am, was rolling to Mt Hood by 6:30. had about an hour and a half drive (okay, less cause I drive fast) to the mountain, snowboarded until about 11:30am, drove home 90 minutes (grabbing lunch on the way), then hitched up the boat and was leaving the house in under an hour to the launch (20 min drive).

then driving the boat 20 minutes to/from the ride spot + surfing/surf driving. No wonder I was tired after Saturday...