PDA

View Full Version : 05 Moomba Mobius LSV???

justjacob08
03-27-2015, 10:41 AM
Just contracted to purchase a 2005 Moomba Mobius LSV for my first v-drive. I'm coming from a 92 supra ts6m ski boat so it's really a nice upgrade. I have heard that the hulls from 06 and up on these boats are preferred but with money and market I couldn't adford or find one decent enough and price wise that was realistic. I have a few more days in this lsv until the deal is finalized and would like to receive some info on how the wake is, and surf wak with these boats. Also the reliability. Boat had around 300 hours and all the bells and whistles. Just one center ballast. I would like to know perfect set ups to get the maximum wake for both sports. All help and information is appreciated. Thanks guys.

trayson
03-27-2015, 11:53 AM
Just contracted to purchase a 2005 Moomba Mobius LSV for my first v-drive. I'm coming from a 92 supra ts6m ski boat so it's really a nice upgrade. I have heard that the hulls from 06 and up on these boats are preferred but with money and market I couldn't adford or find one decent enough and price wise that was realistic. I have a few more days in this lsv until the deal is finalized and would like to receive some info on how the wake is, and surf wak with these boats. Also the reliability. Boat had around 300 hours and all the bells and whistles. Just one center ballast. I would like to know perfect set ups to get the maximum wake for both sports. All help and information is appreciated. Thanks guys.

Get as big of bags as will fit in the rear lockers. get an IBS for under the front seats. You'll love the boat. the Supra comp is a racecar flat ski wake boat. You'll be looking at either using over the side pumps or investing a bit of money to add an automated ballast system.

Congrats and enjoy. And as a fellow member that went from a 92 Supra (sunsport for me) to a Moomba, WELCOME TO THE DARK SIDE!!!!

sivs1
03-27-2015, 11:58 AM
Welcome to the forum. I have a 2006 LSV, I'll mimic everything Trayson said. I have 800's in each locker plus the ski locker and 400 in the bow. Looking to get an IBS. You'll enjoy it, make sure you experiment with different setups and don't be disappointed your first time trying to surf, it's a learning process from the setup to the driver to the rider.

justjacob08
03-27-2015, 12:09 PM
Welcome to the forum. I have a 2006 LSV, I'll mimic everything Trayson said. I have 800's in each locker plus the ski locker and 400 in the bow. Looking to get an IBS. You'll enjoy it, make sure you experiment with different setups and don't be disappointed your first time trying to surf, it's a learning process from the setup to the driver to the rider.

Not to show ignorance but what is IBS? And have yall ever boarded behind the pre 06 hull? I've heard opinions leaning both ways. Just curious if inverts and all are pretty easy behind this hull design. And how's the quality of the wake when weighted properly? Competitive, pro, amateur, etc? Thanks guys.

sivs1
03-27-2015, 12:24 PM
Not to show ignorance but what is IBS?

Integrated Bow Sack, basically a ballast bag that sits under your bow seats and fills that space. I have not surfed behind anything other than my 06 and a buddy's 06 X9 DD.

parrothd
03-27-2015, 12:28 PM
Not to show ignorance but what is IBS? And have yall ever boarded behind the pre 06 hull? I've heard opinions leaning both ways. Just curious if inverts and all are pretty easy behind this hull design. And how's the quality of the wake when weighted properly? Competitive, pro, amateur, etc? Thanks guys.

The 06+ is a totally different boat. They don't compare.

wolfeman131
03-27-2015, 12:32 PM
search the forum for info on pre-09 Outback V setups as well. It's confusing, but in '06 the LSV hull was changed and the old LSV hull became the Outback V. My first Moomba was an '08 Outback V, so you can search some of my old posts.

I'd go with 750's in the rear lockers. Don't know that you will want/need the IBS in that boat. If you decide on one, be prepared when driving or you will take rollers over the bow. The wakeboard wake is fine for weekend warriors, the surf wave as well. The pocket will be short, but you can try out a homemade gate to get some more length.

Welcome & have fun!

justjacob08
03-27-2015, 01:16 PM
search the forum for info on pre-09 Outback V setups as well. It's confusing, but in '06 the LSV hull was changed and the old LSV hull became the Outback V. My first Moomba was an '08 Outback V, so you can search some of my old posts.

I'd go with 750's in the rear lockers. Don't know that you will want/need the IBS in that boat. If you decide on one, be prepared when driving or you will take rollers over the bow. The wakeboard wake is fine for weekend warriors, the surf wave as well. The pocket will be short, but you can try out a homemade gate to get some more length.

Welcome & have fun!

So in your opinion, is the wake sufficient for a weekender like myself that is above the amateur rider but far from pro or maybe advanced? I'm not looking to go pro by any means. Just have some fun with the guys and wife. We want to start surfing, what's the surf gate? And how does it work? How satisfied was you with your wake behind your obv and was you able to pull your tricks, inverts, and such? Just trying to make sure I'm buying something that's good for us and I don't want to be dissatisfied.

wolfeman131
03-27-2015, 01:24 PM
the boat will probably provide more than you can handle. my "tricks" stop at creative financing to make the payments and one of those whirly-jig things to fill it with gas.

trayson
03-27-2015, 01:35 PM
So in your opinion, is the wake sufficient for a weekender like myself that is above the amateur rider but far from pro or maybe advanced? I'm not looking to go pro by any means. Just have some fun with the guys and wife. We want to start surfing, what's the surf gate? And how does it work? How satisfied was you with your wake behind your obv and was you able to pull your tricks, inverts, and such? Just trying to make sure I'm buying something that's good for us and I don't want to be dissatisfied.

I'm sure it'll be great. If it's what you can afford, then go for it and ride the heck out of it.

A surf gate is a device that's put on the back of the hull to delay the convergence of the waves so that you can weight both port and starboard sides and still get a smooth surf wave. DO A SEARCH on these terms if you're not sure. The idea of surf gates has been discussed with pages of insight over the last few years since Malibu invented their surf gate.

I'd venture to say that most of us here aren't 'invert' cabable wakeboarders. I can certainly hold my own, but if my head is ever facing the water, it's promptly followed by a big splash.

Again, you're coming from a Supra Comp. Most any v-drive is going to be a dramatic improvement. And it'll be hard for you to find a better value for your money than a used Moomba. Is it going to have the wakeboard wake of a Super Air Nautique? NO. Is it going to have the surf wave of a Centurion Enzo? NO. but is it going to make you pretty happy for the money you have to spend? I'd think yes.

justjacob08
03-27-2015, 03:21 PM
I'm sure it'll be great. If it's what you can afford, then go for it and ride the heck out of it.

A surf gate is a device that's put on the back of the hull to delay the convergence of the waves so that you can weight both port and starboard sides and still get a smooth surf wave. DO A SEARCH on these terms if you're not sure. The idea of surf gates has been discussed with pages of insight over the last few years since Malibu invented their surf gate.

I'd venture to say that most of us here aren't 'invert' cabable wakeboarders. I can certainly hold my own, but if my head is ever facing the water, it's promptly followed by a big splash.

Again, you're coming from a Supra Comp. Most any v-drive is going to be a dramatic improvement. And it'll be hard for you to find a better value for your money than a used Moomba. Is it going to have the wakeboard wake of a Super Air Nautique? NO. Is it going to have the surf wave of a Centurion Enzo? NO. but is it going to make you pretty happy for the money you have to spend? I'd think yes.

Thanks for all te input. Just a lot of money and I want to make it count. I'll look into the surf gates. The boat had a trim tab and I'm sure that will help too. My buddy is going to wrap it for me and I've got the order set up for the new moomba chrome letters.

gregski
03-27-2015, 03:57 PM
You will be amazed at the difference coming from a DD. You won't have any regrets. You will have plenty of wake through an advanced/expert level. More than enough for single invert tricks. I'm sure that "pros" would be quite happy riding behind it, they just ride the newer boats because they don't have to buy them.

z28ke
03-27-2015, 06:58 PM
I have an 08 outback V and one of my best friends is very good at wake boarding (whirly birds, roll to reverts, huge tantrums, etc) and could kill it behind my boat. He could do whirly birds before I added ballast to the rear lockers if I helped make the wake a little bigger by steering into it (with only the 400 center locker bag). I came from a 82 mastercraft Stars and Stripes, you and going to love that 05!

sandm
03-28-2015, 12:36 PM
just remember....

pics or you didn't buy it :)

sure it'll be a great boat. and betting at that age and what I'm guessing you are paying, should be able to sell in a few years if you decide to go newer for pretty close to what you buy it at.

justjacob08
03-28-2015, 03:46 PM
just remember....

pics or you didn't buy it :)

sure it'll be a great boat. and betting at that age and what I'm guessing you are paying, should be able to sell in a few years if you decide to go newer for pretty close to what you buy it at.

So another opportunity knocked to either go with the moomba or a 2006 supra launch 20ssv. Opinions? Little price difference but same concern. How's the wake and surf compared to a mommba? Heard the supra is better but would like to hear some input on the hull design and etc in clmparison to the mobius.

gregski
03-30-2015, 01:09 PM
So another opportunity knocked to either go with the moomba or a 2006 supra launch 20ssv. Opinions? Little price difference but same concern. How's the wake and surf compared to a mommba? Heard the supra is better but would like to hear some input on the hull design and etc in clmparison to the mobius.
Generally, Supras are "better" than Moombas because of the fit and finish not because of the hull, just like Chevrolet vs. Cadillac. I believe that some of the Supra hulls were actually the same as the Moombas (through the mid-2000's?) so there wasn't any difference between the wakes between some models/years. I don't have any experience to compare the '05 LSV and '06 20SSV so I can't offer anything specific to those.

wolfeman131
03-30-2015, 01:17 PM
I believe that some of the Supra hulls were actually the same as the Moombas (through the mid-2000's?) so there wasn't any difference between the wakes between some models/years.

while some Supra hull molds may have been "retired" and become Moombas and/or been developed for the Supra line and then became a Moomba, I don't believe that a Supra & Moomba ever shared the same running surface in the same model year(s).

The Supra may provide a better wakeboard wake, probably a little worse surf wave. Both are the shortest v-drives in length for their respective model year, so neither is going to provide massive wakeboard wakes or surf waves. Both will provide you with a ton of fun!

KG's Supra24
03-30-2015, 02:03 PM
I think you will find the Supra fit and finish, especially the vinyl, to be an upgrade in the years you are looking at.

Supra 20 surf wave on the right side of the picture ....

http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i401/kwgarner24/DSC_0004.jpg

justjacob08
03-30-2015, 06:56 PM
So I'm taking it the Supra is the way to go. It's fully loaded with ballast x3, perfect pass, custom stereo, flawless interior and exterior. According to all the research I've done looking from moomba owners and supra owners and even non biased owners, the supra will be a much better boat and will throw a pretty competitive wake and surf wake.

trayson
03-30-2015, 07:08 PM
So I'm taking it the Supra is the way to go. It's fully loaded with ballast x3, perfect pass, custom stereo, flawless interior and exterior. According to all the research I've done looking from moomba owners and supra owners and even non biased owners, the supra will be a much better boat and will throw a pretty competitive wake and surf wake.

Well, just because it has a ballast system with 3 bags doesn't really gain you all that much as the ballast systems through 2008 were all painfully slow and the best way to remedy that is a total overhaul. The bags may or may not have been upgraded, but it's still going to be SLOW filling and draining unless you overhaul it.

Better is pretty subjective. Yeah, Supra is like Acura and Moomba is like Honda. My XLV was the flagship model in its year and It most certainly stands out against most other 2008 boats.

The LSV is a 21 foot boat and the Supra you mentioned is a 20. not a huge difference, but I'm way happy to have a 23' boat and wouldn't go back to my previous 21' boat.

I think that either boat is going to be legit. I wouldn't pick one vs the other based on the name on the side. Honestly pick the boat that has the best options, setup, and value for the price.

Neither is going to surf out of the box fantastic. they all take lots of extra ballast and dialing in.

BrettLee3232
03-30-2015, 07:09 PM

How much of a price jump?

KG's Supra24
03-30-2015, 07:50 PM
The LSV is a 21 foot boat and the Supra you mentioned is a 20. not a huge difference, but I'm way happy to have a 23' boat and wouldn't go back to my previous 21' boat.

2006 Launch 20SSV
20' 8"
95”
24"
3.200 lbs
10 ppl

2005 Mobius LSV
20’ 8"
95”
24”
3,000 lbs.
40 gals
10 ppl
310 HP, V-8

trayson
03-30-2015, 08:17 PM
2006 Launch 20SSV
20' 8"
95”
24"
3.200 lbs
10 ppl

2005 Mobius LSV
20’ 8"
95”
24”
3,000 lbs.
40 gals
10 ppl
310 HP, V-8

well, what do ya know. sounds apples to apples then. so then I stand on my "pick the better priced/optioned/condition boat"

justjacob08
03-30-2015, 08:35 PM
Well, just because it has a ballast system with 3 bags doesn't really gain you all that much as the ballast systems through 2008 were all painfully slow and the best way to remedy that is a total overhaul. The bags may or may not have been upgraded, but it's still going to be SLOW filling and draining unless you overhaul it.

Better is pretty subjective. Yeah, Supra is like Acura and Moomba is like Honda. My XLV was the flagship model in its year and It most certainly stands out against most other 2008 boats.

I think that either boat is going to be legit. I wouldn't pick one vs the other based on the name on the side. Honestly pick the boat that has the best options, setup, and value for the price.

Neither is going to surf out of the box fantastic. they all take lots of extra ballast and dialing in.

The LSV in 05 was 20ft 8 in and so is the 06 supra. Exact same length. The moomba had some cracking all on the transome around the wake plate push arms and the exhaust that was pretty extensive. I'm sure it was still cosmetic but needed to be fixed. Only had 1 ballast stock tank and still needed a few upgrades like the stereo, ballast, and it was naked. They are both priced around the same as others in their market. Obviously the supra is more but still in market price. Supra needs nothing but a new home. I'm buying from original owner. I'm by no means a pro but I'm believe the launch will surpass my capabilities in all aspects. Plus the value doesn't depreciate like the moomba. Over all I just felt I wouldn't be satisfied 100% with that year of the moomba and hull style. That's the only thing other than a few upgrades and the gel coat issue that lost my interest.

justjacob08
03-30-2015, 08:39 PM
How much of a price jump?

About 10k difference in price. But that's just comes with the difference between the two makes. The mobius was 20k and the supra 29k.

parrothd
03-30-2015, 09:03 PM
My guess is the wake and surf wave would be similar. Supra probably had a nicer interior, but both will need replacement soon. If it's a 10k difference I'd be looking at a LSV 06+ one which will have a better wave and wake then the ones your looking at. Any boat will need a ballast upgrade.

parrothd
03-30-2015, 09:12 PM
Some boats in that range.. Plus several on searchtempest..

http://claz.org/classifieds?q=moomba+lsv&g=500&l=40000&p=3

justjacob08
03-30-2015, 10:25 PM
My guess is the wake and surf wave would be similar. Supra probably had a nicer interior, but both will need replacement soon. If it's a 10k difference I'd be looking at a LSV 06+ one which will have a better wave and wake then the ones your looking at. Any boat will need a ballast upgrade.

Both interior and exterior are near new condition and I mean spotless. Also the price I'm paying for the 06 supra is still cheaper than some of the 06 moombas. It's certified pre owned also. If moomba noted a need for change in 06 to the hull due to novice preformance to its competitors then I can't imagine supra wouldn't have changed their hull being superior to moomba quality if need be...just food for thought.

parrothd
03-30-2015, 10:29 PM
Lol..... Whatever floats..

wolfeman131
03-30-2015, 10:46 PM
It's certified pre owned also.

Uh, just FYI - this doesn't exist. It may be some sort of program at the dealer you're working with, but isn't a SC program such as one would find with a certified, preowned car.

gregski
03-31-2015, 03:37 AM
About 10k difference in price. But that's just comes with the difference between the two makes. The mobius was 20k and the supra 29k.

Your "price jump" is 50% of the price! That's a lot of money for fit and finish. As KG pointed out those two boats are nearly identical. For $30k, I'd be looking at the 2006-2008 LSV which will be a better boat and wake than either of those. The additional freeboard makes a big difference, and the capacity goes up to 13.

justjacob08
03-31-2015, 08:12 AM
Uh, just FYI - this doesn't exist. It may be some sort of program at the dealer you're working with, but isn't a SC program such as one would find with a certified, preowned car.

Yes it does, comes with a warranty as well. Additional warranty up to 3 years is available as well. I don't live in SC. In order for it to exist all service records including engine test and full inspection with a full service had to be documented and also tested/diagnosed in the water. As well as the electronics all have to be in functional condition and the hull free of defects.

justjacob08
03-31-2015, 08:31 AM
Your "price jump" is 50% of the price! That's a lot of money for fit and finish. As KG pointed out those two boats are nearly identical. For $30k, I'd be looking at the 2006-2008 LSV which will be a better boat and wake than either of those. The additional freeboard makes a big difference, and the capacity goes up to 13.

I understand everyone's defense as Moomba owners, but try and think as a non owner of the 2. So...as everyone know Supra is a better quality and boat than Moomba even though are made by the same manufacture. But so is many car brands. I don't have to explain that..we all know that. That being said, yes they are made by the same company but that does not mean their quality and craftsman ship are identical just like those car brands made by the same manufacture. With that, there is a price difference. I get it, people here are "moomba" strong and I do like both brands of moomba and supra. Not saying anything bad of the two. Just in comparison with the values, quality, depreciation, options, and such is what I am looking at as this will be my last purchase. Yes I see that a 06 Moomba has a redesigned hull and is supposed to be better, but the price of a 06 or 07 Moomba is around the same price as the 06 supra...which has a..no offense intended...better name than Moomba. Those are the factors that are eating my decision making. I don't want and or need a 3 ft monster wake. again, nothing wrong with a Moomba and if I found a decent deal id jump on it. But this is a deal on the Supra. I've done the math, looked at the options, and been involved in many hours of homework and research.

wolfeman131
03-31-2015, 08:56 AM
Yes it does, comes with a warranty as well. Additional warranty up to 3 years is available as well. I don't live in SC. In order for it to exist all service records including engine test and full inspection with a full service had to be documented and also tested/diagnosed in the water. As well as the electronics all have to be in functional condition and the hull free of defects.

Believe what you want, but SC (Skier's Choice) does NOT have a "Certified Pre Owned" program.

Again, this may be something your dealer has put together, but see what they say when you ask if the program is backed by the factory.

But, what do I know about Skier's Choice boats?

wolfeman131
03-31-2015, 09:04 AM
So...as everyone know Supra is a better quality and boat than Moomba even though are made by the same manufacture. But so is many car brands. I don't have to explain that..we all know that. That being said, yes they are made by the same company but that does not mean their quality and craftsman ship are identical just like those car brands made by the same manufacture.

I've done the math, looked at the options, and been involved in many hours of homework and research.

You came on here asking for advice, now you don't want to hear it? Have you been to the factory to see how the boats are made? Many of us here have (I was there 3 wks ago, checking out our new Supra) and know that your statements are simply incorrect.

If you've done the math and spent hours on research, then go sign the papers and post up pics so we can all tell you "Congratulations! Great looking boat!"

kriley
03-31-2015, 09:52 AM
justjacob - I also had a 92 Supra comp and I looked at all wakeboard boats that are out their. I picked the Moomba LSV not because the workmanship was below a Supra because that is not the case. The fact is that if you want heated seats, fancy trinkets, a lot of stainless, then go with the Supra - The Moomba has every bit of the nice craftsmanship, finish, and functionality that the Supra does, just less the trinkets......

Drew is correct as well - your dealer is offering the certified boat not the factory.. buy the boat that you think fits your needs and post pics - we all like to see peoples new boat!

parrothd
03-31-2015, 09:59 AM
The 06 just isn't a redesigned hull, it's a freaking larger boat, longer, wider and heavier.. It's a huge difference compared to those 2 your looking at. Maybe you should go look at them and stop knocking the moomba...

sivs1
03-31-2015, 10:14 AM
Not to keep praising Moomba but.... I grew up skiing behind a Mastercraft, uncle had a Centurion, good buddy now has a Mastercraft another friend has a Malibu. My family use to own and operate a Marina, so I was able to be in and around almost every boat brand there is, all fantastic boats and I always enjoy driving them or riding behind them. However, personally I do not find the price gap worth it to go with one over the Moomba, fit and finish is spot on equal, it's when you start adding the goodies or trinkets as mentioned above.

You need to choose what is best for you, your family and your budget, if it is a Moomba, welcome to the family, if it's a Supra, welcome to the SC family. No matter what boat you decide on you'll love it and enjoy spending time on the water with others. Please do post pics of what you get.

gregski
03-31-2015, 12:10 PM
Yes I see that a 06 Moomba has a redesigned hull and is supposed to be better, but the price of a 06 or 07 Moomba is around the same price as the 06 supra...which has a..no offense intended...better name than Moomba
I was faced with nearly the exact same choice as you. I had a $30k budget and nearly pulled the trigger on an '05 20SSV. Then I realized how significant the hull change was for the 2006 LSV and found an '07 for the same price (or even slightly less than the Supra). The hull change isn't just "supposed to be better" but you don't seem to be listening to the advise here. At this point, you really need to look at these different boats, otherwise you are just shopping by brand name.

KG's Supra24
03-31-2015, 12:16 PM
2006 Launch 20SSV
20' 8"
95”
24"
3.200 lbs
10 ppl

2005 Mobius LSV
20’ 8"
95”
24”
3,000 lbs.
40 gals
10 ppl
310 HP, V-8

2006 Mobius LSV
21' 6"
97”
24”
3,300 lbs.
40 gals
13 ppl
310 HP, V-8

sivs1
03-31-2015, 12:19 PM
2006 Mobius LSV
21' 6"
97”
24”
3,300 lbs.
40 gals
13 ppl
310 HP, V-8

My 06 LSV has the 325 EFI motor, just an added plus IMO to the 06....

parrothd
03-31-2015, 01:58 PM
Not all are efi, my 06 is carbed.. :mad:

trayson
03-31-2015, 02:25 PM
I understand everyone's defense as Moomba owners, but try and think as a non owner of the 2. So...as everyone know Supra is a better quality and boat than Moomba even though are made by the same manufacture. But so is many car brands. I don't have to explain that..we all know that. That being said, yes they are made by the same company but that does not mean their quality and craftsman ship are identical just like those car brands made by the same manufacture. With that, there is a price difference. I get it, people here are "moomba" strong and I do like both brands of moomba and supra. Not saying anything bad of the two. Just in comparison with the values, quality, depreciation, options, and such is what I am looking at as this will be my last purchase. Yes I see that a 06 Moomba has a redesigned hull and is supposed to be better, but the price of a 06 or 07 Moomba is around the same price as the 06 supra...which has a..no offense intended...better name than Moomba. Those are the factors that are eating my decision making. I don't want and or need a 3 ft monster wake. again, nothing wrong with a Moomba and if I found a decent deal id jump on it. But this is a deal on the Supra. I've done the math, looked at the options, and been involved in many hours of homework and research.

Jacob, there are a lot of us here that have owned both supra AND Moomba. The difference between a comparable condition supra and a compareable condition Moomba isn't $10k.

When you're talking about a $29k price tag, your options for boat choices increase dramatically. For $30k, I was able to get a 2008 Moomba XLV. Sorry, but my boat is nicer than either of the older supra or the older Moomba you're looking at. My year was the year of a hull change for the XLV, I wouldn't have bought it otherwise. When manufacturers go through a hull redesign it's a big deal.

If I was looking at two boats with comparable specs, and the prices were similar, sure, the Supra might carry a little bit of a premium. But trust me, I've compared my 2008 XLV to Supras of the same vintage and I would buy my boat again in a heartbeat. You're saying on one hand that the Supra would have better resale, but on the other hand saying that you're keeping the boat forever. You're saying that you want a high quality wake for inverts, but later saying you don't need the best pro level wake.

YES, boat #2 with vinyl in flawless condition with a few extra options and some kind of warranty thrown in is worth a premium. We're just saying that it might not be worth a $10k premium. You seem to be trying really hard to justify that Supra carries a huge premium. But in the end, it's very similar to driving an Audi A6 versus a VW Passat. They're basically the same car with the same motor sharing many of the same parts. The Audi has a bit of 'prestige' but in the end, they're basically the same car with a couple styling differences and the price premium between the two shouldn't be that much.

We're also saying that we wouldn't spend $29k so easily when the most important thing is the hull and you're within reach of some dramatic improvements to hull design over either of those choices. Exactly why I went with the 2008 in my XLV and was able to it at the $30k price.

KG's Supra24
03-31-2015, 02:39 PM
I think the ya'll are squeezing the gap a little tighter than it really is on Moomba vs Supra. It's not just trinkets, there are quality differences.

At the same price, it's a no brainer. I think everyone jumped up in arms bc you dramatically increased your budget without consideration for other options. Of course the 05 LSV has nothing to offer when the budget is 30k. Add to it, the budget increased to an amount that gets you past the 05 LSVs and into the 06+ LSVs. As previously mentioned, it's not a redesigned hull, its a different boat.

When talking resale, remember the price you sell is only one piece of the equation. You have to factor in how much you paid as well.

I don't think the Supra 20 is a bad boat, just make sure you do the same homework at 30k that you did at the lower price. My biggest question is what restrictions are keeping you looking at 20' boats?

justjacob08
04-01-2015, 12:11 AM
I think the ya'll are squeezing the gap a little tighter than it really is on Moomba vs Supra. It's not just trinkets, there are quality differences.

At the same price, it's a no brainer. I think everyone jumped up in arms bc you dramatically increased your budget without consideration for other options. Of course the 05 LSV has nothing to offer when the budget is 30k. Add to it, the budget increased to an amount that gets you past the 05 LSVs and into the 06+ LSVs. As previously mentioned, it's not a redesigned hull, its a different boat.

When talking resale, remember the price you sell is only one piece of the equation. You have to factor in how much you paid as well.

I don't think the Supra 20 is a bad boat, just make sure you do the same homework at 30k that you did at the lower price. My biggest question is what restrictions are keeping you looking at 20' boats?

Garage space mainly and also I don't need a boat bigger than 21 or capacity of greater than 10. I'm still searching and the supra isn't a done deal. I'm still looking several times a day at the classifieds and local dealers. Strong work is being put in for sure. I'm not scared of a moomba, but hard to find one in my range that isn't over priced to the point of be better off going with the supra. Like the 05 for example was 19995. All the 06 and up I have found are no less than 27k and have minimum 400 hours and not very many options. At that price I can get the supra, that's what is bringing me back to it. Find me a Moomba Mobius xlt or lsv 06 and newer in that price range and send it to me. By all means...apparently I'm blind. I have searched from Georgia to Texas. No deals around. I'm in Virginia is anyone had one worth looking at.

moombahighrider
04-01-2015, 01:01 AM
I think kg has the best insight yet. KG, thanks for speaking up and setting it straight.

Disclaimer... I have not owned a supra at all. Very proud of my moomba 2008 möbius lsv.

trayson
04-01-2015, 11:07 AM
Find me a Moomba Mobius xlt or lsv 06 and newer in that price range and send it to me. By all means...apparently I'm blind. I have searched from Georgia to Texas. No deals around

I'm not surprised. This is the time of year that everyone is scurrying to buy a boat or to upgrade their boat. All the deals were in the fall or over the winter. This time of year, sellers will price their boats for the fact that there's people like yourself working hard to buy. The best boats this time of year are scooped up in days.

Good luck with your search.

parrothd
04-10-2015, 03:27 PM
Boom...Probably sold...

http://boats.oodle.com/view/2006-moomba-mobius-lsv-loaded-wakeboard-boat/3840823051-buford-ga/