PDA

View Full Version : EXILED, FLOW, AND WAKEMAKERS, all in one week.

13mobiusLSV
03-26-2015, 07:56 PM
I've been busy and making up for lost time since getting the boat back from SC.

I had the manual flow put on the boat while it was down there as well as plumbing in the IBS as they install in their new "surf editions"

I upgraded my rear ballast to the 900s and ordered the engine panel divider saver kit. Spencer and the folks at Wakemakers were awesome for info and help, much appreciated.

Last but certainly not least, I ordered the "Surf package 2" with 2 pairs of STX9Q's, 1 XM30.2 amp, and the Zone Controller. Brian at Exile was fantastic throughout the process of fielding all of my dumb questions and couldn't have been a bigger help. The guys out there are first rate when it comes to customer service, including texting me at 630am (his time) on a Saturday morning telling me to give him a call because he had more info he wanted to pass along to me.

With that being said, for those of you who have the Exile setups knowing what you know now, what would you do differently on your install with the tower speakers and/or zone controller? Plus, any other recommendations for the install would be greatly appreciated.

Nick

moombadaze
03-26-2015, 08:24 PM
Nothing different, completely happy with my setup

millerda68
03-27-2015, 01:58 PM
I am completely happy with my set up (pics in the audio section). Last year Brian and Mike helped me get the initial setup in. 6 new cabin speakers, 4 tower speakers (surf package), 2 amps, added a battery and battery switch. Mike was telling me I would want a sub. I did not opt for one at that time. The sound difference was HUGE over the factory kicker stuff that came in the boat.

Thinking that Mike might be right, I pre-wired all for a sub. Last week I got the sub installed and love it! Newty built the sub box for me and helped me get all installed there. Another huge difference. I probably would have done it all in one shot if starting from scratch. Very pleased with all the help from Brian, Mike, and Ryan.

BamaMojo
03-27-2015, 07:47 PM
I get my boat back Sun am. I added Exile in cabins(3 pair), Exile 12 sub, pair XM 9,s ALL powered by Exile as well. If you are at Lake Martin Sunday around noon you may hear me!!!
Almost forgot the the ZLD!!!