PDA

View Full Version : Is there any value in the old ballast pumps?

996scott
03-25-2015, 11:14 AM
Just replaced the original GG III ballast system from my 07 LSV with reversible pumps. Just wondering if it is worth trying to sell or not. If so what would it be worth?

newty
03-25-2015, 11:37 AM
The little pumps not so much but the big is worth $40 or so.
The rest of it isn't worth much either unless you doing a sprinkler system at your house.

trayson
03-25-2015, 12:14 PM
unless you doing a sprinkler system at your house.

LOL!!!

There's actually some truth in that. Maybe I can finally replace my broken home irrigation sprinkler valves! (but in the past few years, I just let my grass die in the summer. Less mowing = more boating.

kaneboats
03-25-2015, 12:21 PM
Throw the whole mess up on ebay. Somebody with no system will buy it. The Rule pump is still worth a little as said above. Perfect time of year to give it a shot.

Beejwest
03-25-2015, 02:28 PM
996 did you go with the conversion from wakemakers or piece together your own system?

parrothd
03-25-2015, 02:52 PM
LOL!!!

There's actually some truth in that. Maybe I can finally replace my broken home irrigation sprinkler valves! (but in the past few years, I just let my grass die in the summer. Less mowing = more boating.

Thought for sure you'd be all over this!..You can double the pumps per bag.... lol

trayson
03-25-2015, 03:03 PM
Thought for sure you'd be all over this!..You can double the pumps per bag.... lol

If I really wanted to double the pumps per bag, I'd just drill a ton more holes in my boat, open the wallet super wide, and put 2 reversible per bag. (and then upgrade the charging system in my boat to accommodate)

I've also got the remnants of my gutted gravity III ballast system like above. I was just going to give the strainer/sprinker assembly and the drain pumps away, but Ebay sounds like a great idea. You know what they say... there's a butt made for every seat.

mikenehrkorn
03-25-2015, 03:36 PM
You know what they say... there's a butt made for every seat.

Garage sale motto......one man's trash is another man's treasure!!

996scott
03-25-2015, 04:48 PM
996 did you go with the conversion from wakemakers or piece together your own system?

I bought the conversion kit from Wakemakers. It was a lot less brain damage that way and they were so great to work with. Hoping to get up to the lake this weekend and try it out :cool:

sivs1
03-25-2015, 05:37 PM
Hoping to get up to the lake this weekend and try it out :cool:

If you make it out let me know what the water temp is. At this point I'm just hoping to get the boat out and put it all back together this weekend.

jmvotto
03-25-2015, 07:24 PM
If I really wanted to double the pumps per bag, I'd just drill a ton more holes in my boat, open the wallet super wide, and put 2 reversible per bag. (and then upgrade the charging system in my boat to accommodate)

I've also got the remnants of my gutted gravity III ballast system like above. I was just going to give the strainer/sprinker assembly and the drain pumps away, but Ebay sounds like a great idea. You know what they say... there's a butt made for every seat.

Someone will buy the stuff, easy peasy to plumb that if speed is not an issue, plus I thought your wallet was full throttle mode as it is:o

trayson
03-25-2015, 07:32 PM
Someone will buy the stuff, easy peasy to plumb that if speed is not an issue, plus I thought your wallet was full throttle mode as it is:o

It sure feels like it! Especially with working on the boat all the time and deliveries showing up at the house every couple days...

But if I really had that kind of cheddar in my wallet, I'd have a bad boy WS or Exile system on the tower! But I'm sure a world of difference from last year on the Sunsport!

EchoSkis
03-27-2015, 10:44 PM
Hey,
I'm with www.echoskis.com we are about to do a budget build with an old direct drive. I'm working on putting together the ballast system. How much would you want for all of it?
Thanks,
Ryan

newty
03-27-2015, 11:53 PM
Hey,
I'm with www.echoskis.com we are about to do a budget build with an old direct drive. I'm working on putting together the ballast system. How much would you want for all of it?
Thanks,
Ryan
I've got some old system parts and pieces in my "spare parts and leftover" bin. Ill see what I can put together. You pick up shipping?

EchoSkis
03-28-2015, 08:05 AM
Sounds great let me know what you find.

newty
03-28-2015, 08:54 PM
Maybe you can get 996scott to send you all the his stuff and with mine you could have a nice little system.

EchoSkis
03-29-2015, 12:13 AM
Yeah the more pumps and hoses the better. I'm planning on running 1 bag int he bow and 1 in the rear. Potentially we will also be putting two custom hard tanks under the floor. I used to do rotomold kayak repair and could easily weld up some plastic tanks. The question will be if there is enough space under the floor to make it worth it.
Just PM what I owe you. Shipping would be to Brighton Mi, 48114. I can also throw in an Echo Skis rope to each of you.

newty
03-29-2015, 02:10 AM
Sounds awesome

996scott
03-29-2015, 05:07 PM
Yea, sounds good. I will shoot you a pm.