PDA

View Full Version : Exile install complete

millerda68
03-23-2015, 10:29 PM
First off, many thanks to Brian and Natlie at Exile. They have been awesome. MMandley and Newty get props as well. Mike walked me through the install of the tower speakers, amps, and upgrade of the cabin speakers. Also assisted in getting the second battery added last summer.

Mike got me hooked up again with Brian and Newty to get the sub added. I was able to get that done this past weekend. Ryan built the sub box for me, built a new kick panel for me, and helped getting me all dialed in.

I posted the cabins and tower last summer. This is an update on the amp board, sub, and new panel.

Again, thank you! You all have been a tremendous help.

newty
03-23-2015, 10:54 PM
Glad you got it all complete. Excited to see the final product this summer! Gotta love this forum.

mmandley
03-23-2015, 11:03 PM
Awesome bro.

beat taco
03-24-2015, 12:29 AM
Very nice!

KG's Supra24
03-24-2015, 01:01 AM
Awesome! Looks very clean.

BrettLee3232
03-24-2015, 02:06 AM
Nice!!!!!!

mikenehrkorn
03-24-2015, 08:00 AM
Is your sub firing at the side of the boat or am I just seeing things? I thought most setups have the sub firing out into the cabin. And did you leave the footrest out or did you replace it after the install?

David Analog
03-24-2015, 08:57 AM
Is your sub firing at the side of the boat or am I just seeing things? I thought most setups have the sub firing out into the cabin. And did you leave the footrest out or did you replace it after the install?

Yes, that's side-firing. Sometimes it's a good option as compared to out-firing. There are both benefits and trade-offs, neither being major. Side-firing adds a bit of low bass reinforcement because you are loading into the boundaries of a five-sided cavity....as long as you have an unobstructed path over the top of the façade for the bass energy to freely flow. This opening should be at least equal to, and preferably greater than, the subwoofer's surface area. On the flipside, side-firing (placing a sub box inside another box) adds a bit of phase delay and filters some of the upper bass transients and attack. Like anything you give a little to get a little. On balance I prefer side-firing. I like it on a 10-inch sealed, 10-inch bass-reflex, and 12-inch sealed. A 12-inch bass-reflex is best direct-radiating, or out-firing, with the port and woofer on the same baffle surface, in other words, both facing outward.

jmvotto
03-24-2015, 10:19 AM
I assume that box sits in front of the steering cable.

millerda68
03-24-2015, 10:42 AM
Yes, the sub is firing to the side. It is basically hidden from view. There was no foot rest in our boat, so moving the panel forward actually gives us something to rest feet against while driving. The box is in front of all the cables.

smorris7
03-24-2015, 10:50 AM
Yes, the sub is firing to the side. It is basically hidden from view. There was no foot rest in our boat, so moving the panel forward actually gives us something to rest feet against while driving. The box is in front of all the cables.

This is exactly how mine is set up. It was professionally installed by Scream Marine in Dallas. Sounds fantastic. I sure you will be happy with it.