PDA

View Full Version : Editing post time thread

slipperyrockTKE300
03-22-2015, 02:51 PM
Dear Moderator

You do realize that you deleted a thread that a lot of people were following and had an interest in.

You may have no intention in working with us on this, but what are the thoughts of the other moderators? Do you speak for them?

WHY? Why is it ok for the Supra forum to allow editing all day but not the Moomba forum?

AND... as you stated:

"In the past this (editing) was a major issue, the change was brought on to eliminate negative posting then altering it after to make yourself look good."

This is no longer an issue. The negative posting has been eliminated and does not currently happen.

All is good.

Keep in mind this community is all about the forum members.

All we want is to be able to write a post, go to the bathroom, and then after re-reading make a change or two if we see something that need needs fixed.

Keep in mind this thread follows Forum Guideline #4, so banning me for asking these questions would really be considered uncool

4) It is fair game to debate, challenge, and question, keeping in mind the PG-rating applies at all times.

KG's Supra24
03-22-2015, 03:06 PM
This is more dramatic than any of the WS vs Exile threads.

Come on man, go to the toilet and rethink what you typed ... and then hit submit. Or use that 15 minute window to make sure you get off the toilet in a timely manner. Sitting there for extended periods of time isn't healthy. Type an edit in your next reply. Figure it out.

If the moderators need to be working on anything it's a like or upvote button so the relevant/accurate information is highlighted.

If you have to beg not to be banned in your post, you're probably going about it wrong.

slipperyrockTKE300
03-22-2015, 03:10 PM
Oh, ok.

Thank you.

e

newty
03-22-2015, 03:11 PM
Thank you KG.

DOCDRS
03-22-2015, 03:12 PM
In a quick off the cuff unedited response.

In the past this was a major issue, the change was brought on to eliminate negative posting then altering it after to make yourself look good. I do NOT see this time constraint being changed. If you are making a long and complex post , i suggest you use the copy function before hitting the submit button so it is not lost before posting.

Thank you for your understanding in this matter. One moderator's view

slipperyrockTKE300
03-22-2015, 03:13 PM
As they say (whoever "they" is)

the past is past. Man, that was like three four years ago

Time to move on

KG's Supra24
03-22-2015, 03:14 PM
FYI, I'm not a moderator so my rambling carries no weight. I'm simply saying it seems easier to do your own proof reading than get a forum change.

Plus it seemed like a good place to advocate my like/upvote button I've been looking for ;)

slipperyrockTKE300
03-22-2015, 03:18 PM
"Plus it seemed like a good place to advocate my like/upvote button I've been looking for"

LOL!!

yea, here and on the gas price thread :)

I agree, proof reading is good, but to typo is human. It's gonna happen, people are gonna want to fix it. What is the harm?

DOCDRS
03-22-2015, 03:21 PM
As they say (whoever "they" is)

the past is past. Man, that was like three four years ago

Time to move on

Exactly......Life has been good on the site the last 3-4 years with the current ed iting time frame....lets keep it that way.

newty
03-22-2015, 03:21 PM
10 characters

slipperyrockTKE300
03-22-2015, 03:29 PM
You realize the only folks posting negative stuff on here lately are two of the moderators??

KG's Supra24
03-22-2015, 03:32 PM
See I prefer the like button so you can see if, in fact, you were garnering support for your cause. Your claim was that a lot of people had interest in the edit time. Now the only way to proof your point is an execution thread ...

slipperyrockTKE300 vs edit times. 2 enter the thread, only one survives :) Put the vote to the people. Will they change the edit times or eliminate slipperyrockTKE300

LOL, I need to get back to work ... doing something that matters.

slipperyrockTKE300
03-22-2015, 03:47 PM
Where you working today?

I'm in the middle of cooking jalepeno cornbread chicken and I have to keep coming back here to edit posts - only to find out it can't be done...

I totally agree (and I stated this in the thread that was deleted) - lets see if I have any support on this.....

how about someone posting a poll asking "should the post editing time be increased beyond 15 minutes like it is on the Supra forum"

If the majority says no, I'll shut up

If the majority says yes, I expect the moderators to make the change.

Nah - I ain't gonna be eliminated - I follow the guidelines!!

I'll bet one thing - this Help Desk/ FAQ forum has never been so active!! It was time to have some fun here :)

KG's Supra24
03-22-2015, 03:56 PM
Working from home today.

No no no ... I don't think we are at democracy status. I feel like I could get forum support for the like/upvote button but I'm not willing to put KG's Supra24 on the line for it ... which is why I'm not causing a big stink about it.

By putting yourself on the line ... the moderators stand something to gain :o

Stop reeling me in. Go enjoy that cornbread chicken. Mods have spoken.

FWIW, I like the current edit rule bc it keeps the threads in context.

slipperyrockTKE300
03-22-2015, 04:12 PM
Alright - the first vote !

Later

e

jmvotto
03-22-2015, 08:13 PM
Wow,

What did I miss today and no one really posts on the supra forum :o so why does that even matter.

parrothd
03-22-2015, 09:35 PM
I know I don't post how tos on this forum cuz you can't edit after the timeout. My how to upholster is actually on Google.. :D

parrothd
03-22-2015, 09:37 PM
Wait the other thread was deleted?!?!

trayson
03-22-2015, 09:45 PM
The difference between 15 and 20 mins is neglidgeable. It doesn't matter enough to be worth the work to change it.

I advocate longer edit times, but don't care enough to challege the status quo.

I'd much rather use our efforts on something important, like upping the number of PM's available to be stored in your mailbox or getting the ability to have pictures on our signatures (well, for us 'common folk' because the moderators get pics on their sigs)...

moombahighrider
03-22-2015, 10:27 PM
Let's do a poll. I choose leave it as is....

beat taco
03-23-2015, 12:11 AM
I don't see sigs on taptalk. Is this in my settings or the forums?

viking
03-23-2015, 12:18 AM
AND.............it's deja vu all over again!

KG's Supra24
03-23-2015, 12:36 AM
If Traysons signature accusation is true, it does sound like oppression by the man. You would have to be able to set restrictions on # and size of pics to keep you in check, though :p :p.

I'm apparently not cool enough to have a pm box issue.

I don't see signatures in Tapatalk either.

newty
03-23-2015, 12:02 PM
I'm apparently not cool enough to have a pm box issue.

Lol me either. If someone messaged me that much I'd get a restraining order.
Here's a helpful hint, when you pm someone, give them your #. You can text instead of wasting you time going to your inbox. Regular cleaning of your inbox/outbox is recommended.

trayson
03-23-2015, 12:12 PM
Lol me either. If someone messaged me that much I'd get a restraining order.

Make sure you spell my name correctly on the court documents this time.

newty
03-23-2015, 12:14 PM
Won't happen again lol.

liquid_acid
03-23-2015, 05:35 PM
Leave as is.

slipperyrockTKE300
03-24-2015, 02:26 PM
Yea, what the hell, leave it as is. People can just re-post with corections.

sandm
03-24-2015, 02:43 PM
my vote...
not that it matters :)

think before you post, learn to spell and type correctly and live within the 15 minute edit. not a big deal. been there for years... if you missed something or need to add, make another post below the one you can't edit..

now on the pic-sig issue... is a little bit crappy if mods can have them and general population can't. not sure that's right, but I would lean toward NOT allowing ANY. several other forums I belong to have pics in sigs and makes a simple page load into scrolling thru tons of pics over and over and over again. yes, we get it.. you have a red and white boat or yes, we know you have 6 speakers on your tower. don't need to see it 50x daily-every day. love the clean look of this forum..

that is all.

slipperyrockTKE300
03-24-2015, 03:43 PM
Well - hate to bring this up, but on the Supra forum, all members can have signature photos.

I just created one.

KG's Supra24
03-24-2015, 04:17 PM
Well - hate to bring this up

http://ct.fra.bz/ol/fz/sw/i60/2/12/4/frabz-I-dont-believe-you-2631d0.jpg

slipperyrockTKE300
03-24-2015, 04:33 PM
Hahahahaha!!! :)

Glad I wasn't sippin' on anything.

Now that there is damn funny!!

tarheelskier
03-25-2015, 01:37 PM
now on the pic-sig issue... is a little bit crappy if mods can have them and general population can't. not sure that's right, but I would lean toward NOT allowing ANY. several other forums I belong to have pics in sigs and makes a simple page load into scrolling thru tons of pics over and over and over again. yes, we get it.. you have a red and white boat or yes, we know you have 6 speakers on your tower. don't need to see it 50x daily-every day. love the clean look of this forum..

that is all.

I tend to agree with this, and I would give this post a "like", if I could...but I can't :D

I really hate the forums with all the GIFs in the sigs that are moving all over the place as you scroll through.