PDA

View Full Version : Moomba Newbie here, subwoofer help please

linkuwg
03-18-2015, 11:17 PM
So I am new to Moomba. Traded in my 02 Wakesetter for a 2015 Mojo. Had not intended on going with Moomba, but was really impressed by not only the boat but the people I met at Atlanta Marine. Completed the factory tour and was able to get some pics of my boat today. Super excited about riding behind it. Wanted to ask for some advice. One option I did not order was the factory sub. Plan on putting a sealed box at the drivers helm. Bc my boat is not delivered, I have no way of knowing the dimensions that are available to me, particularly the depth. If I went with a sub needing 6 inches of mounting depth, will that still leave plenty of legroom? Thanks, and looking forward to a great summer!

kriley
03-19-2015, 06:15 AM
First things first, Congrats on that Boat - Color scheme is sweet!!!
I mounted my sub - the Exile 12" sub and box without any issue. I will post a pic later.

The Atlanta Marine group is fantastic and their service dept. is the best as well!!!

What lake do you plan to boat on?? We live 5 minutes from Lake Lanier - Hope to see you on the lake. If you need any help installing the sub let me know!!

viking
03-19-2015, 08:13 AM
Welcome and congrats.
Many options on sub and enclosure. Do some searching and you'll find many threads/posts on the subject.

linkuwg
03-19-2015, 11:30 AM
Thanks for the response, I live in Flowery Branch as well. We put in all over depending on what is going on. My business was located in Gainesville for several years, so I end up that way quite a bit. Look forward to seeing the pic, I am also considering a 12 at this time in a sealed box with 1.25 cubic space.

kriley
03-19-2015, 12:18 PM
21555 I have the exile installed

kriley
03-19-2015, 12:23 PM
linkuwg - We launch all over depending on the what we are doing and if we want to get bashed by the big boats with the spinning things on top.. Mainly we go to youngdeer, shoalcreek, or Laurel park on hte North end. If you like to surf, look at the Southern Surfest event - It is a great event to learn and find theboard that is right for you!!

wolfeman131
03-19-2015, 04:10 PM
Welcome to the forum!

Unless those colors are for *ichigan.

If they are, I'm having them send the one in the background of pic 4 for you instead.

kaneboats
03-19-2015, 10:43 PM
LOL! I was asking if it was WV or MI or what? My daughter just went on a whirlwind tour of 11 colleges and likes the KY, VaTech and GA colors, I guess. Maybe TN and Auburn too. Oh well. Go where the money is, right?

marman
03-19-2015, 10:44 PM
Welcome and congrats! I have a 10" JLAUDIO infinite baffle under my helm on my Mondo. I ran it free air last year but didn't really like the sound. I built a box for it over tht winter and it got tight under there because the IB type requires a larger enclosure. It sounds much better now.

We normally put in at laurel park and normally hang out on wahoo creek. I'll be at the southern surfest as well.

linkuwg
03-26-2015, 04:15 PM
SO...supposedly the boat has made its way from TN to Lake Lanier. With such great weather expected this weekend, I am in no hurry to go get it. As much as I may like to surf, 30 degrees is ridiculous! I decided to hold on purchasing any sub until I can actually take some measurements. Plan on being at Surf Fest, and know Laurel Park very well. I'm part of the group that holds the large annual BBQ competition out there. In fact it looks like Atlanta Marine will be using my camper at Surf Fest. To address the colors real quick...while I do happen to be an avid GT fan, there is no way I would base the color of a boat I am ordering on any school colors! I just really like blue and yellow. Looking forward to a hell of a summer! Any other local folks, the Lake Lanier Assoc is having its annual meeting/kickoff party at Port Royale on April 19th. If you are not familiar with them and care about the lake, they are worth checking out.