PDA

View Full Version : What"s this & what does it do? (on back of panel w/ blower & ignition switchs)

trayson
03-18-2015, 02:19 AM
What is this little thing? It's on the back side of the panel that has the ignition switch, the blower switch, and the CEL. It's got 2 wires that go to it (although it has 3 terminals on it, the 3rd is unused) and it has a knob that will spin around. What does the knob do?

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-nak5SF6whAQ/VQkXleY4t6I/AAAAAAAAYTU/cJhgbP0eP-c/s800/20150317_224609.jpg

mmandley
03-18-2015, 02:25 AM
That's your speedo adjustment. If your GPS says your going 12 but the Speedo says 10 you adjust it with that dial

trayson
03-18-2015, 02:58 AM
That's your speedo adjustment. If your GPS says your going 12 but the Speedo says 10 you adjust it with that dial

Oh, then I guess I messed up my speedo adjustment because I turned that knob back and forth and back again and have no idea where it was before I messed with it.

Is it safe to say that the speedo adjustment is only for the big gauge and that it's independent of the perfect pass speed display/setting? Or do they both use the same paddlewheel and this would influence both of them?

mmandley
03-18-2015, 04:14 AM
Oh, then I guess I messed up my speedo adjustment because I turned that knob back and forth and back again and have no idea where it was before I messed with it.

Is it safe to say that the speedo adjustment is only for the big gauge and that it's independent of the perfect pass speed display/setting? Or do they both use the same paddlewheel and this would influence both of them?

As fare as I recall its only the Speedo.

You can how ever check both using your Phone and a GPS App that displays speed.

slipperyrockTKE300
03-18-2015, 05:31 AM
I concur - it only adjusts the speedo and will not affect PP

You would be surprised how many long time Moomba owners took years to discover that adjustment.

Lot of us who have the Stargazer (or equivalent) are always adjusting the unused speedo. I hate it when it differs from the PP speed display :)

sivs1
03-18-2015, 09:21 AM
yup, speedo and PP are separate. download a free MPH app for your smart phone and check it once in a while and adjust as needed.

bergermaister
03-18-2015, 10:54 AM
^ Agreed. They used to put those right on the dash so they were much easier to bump and get the speedos. off.

Nothing like looking down and seeing you're towing your wakeboarder at 42. Oh wait, silly me....

trayson
03-18-2015, 11:29 AM
Thanks guys. I rarely use the speedo gauge, I pretty much rely on the digital PP speed reading.

kaneboats
03-19-2015, 09:59 PM
Yea, that's the dial that makes your boat WAY faster to impress the jet boat crowd.

Andy Digital
03-20-2015, 03:00 PM
Ya, that knob is so cool , mine is anodized red, we like to adjust the speed so we can actually surf at 3 mph. That way the audio speed control volume adjustment HSE doesn't kick in and we can rock the lake all day long

Steelerdog
03-27-2015, 01:31 AM
Looks like my speedo is going to be off now also. I keep turning it expecting the bass to increase.

slipperyrockTKE300
03-27-2015, 05:28 AM
Steelerdog huh?

I like that moniker.

Can you pronounce the word Youghiogheny?