PDA

View Full Version : New boat 2015 mondo or lsv

callynoah
03-16-2015, 10:53 AM
Hi all,
Looking to purchase our first wakeboard boat and we really like the moomba line. The 2 boats we are looking at are the 2015 mondo and lsv. My kids do a bit of wake boarding now but also want to get into surfing. We are a family of 5 (kids 16,13,10) and usually have around 7-8 of us in the boat at any given time. I would appreciate any pros/cons with both boats and any recommendations to help us in our purchase.
Thanks for any help!

sivs1
03-16-2015, 11:16 AM
Welcome to the forum, where are you from and where will you be boating? I can speak to the LSV as I don't have any first hand experience with the Mondo. For us, we knew we wanted a v-drive and got a great deal on a LSV. What I have learned so far. the GIII package is good, but needs upgraded to bigger bags to achieve a good surf wave. Try to get an IBS with the purchase as well. In regards to space there is plenty. we typically only have 4-6 on an average day, but have had 12 before, 6 adults and 6 kids all under 12. The LSV is an old design, basically my 2006 is pretty much the same hull as the 2015, with that said the LSV most likely will be revamped for 2016. Surfing, wakeboarding and tubing are all great behind the LSV. A buddy is a die hard slalom skier, he owns a X9, but has skied behind my LSV, his feelings are "it's okay".

Hope this helps, will be interested in what you decide and then what modifications you do.

mattl
03-16-2015, 12:05 PM
Welcome

I have a mondo. I think you will find the lsv to have a little more room based on the length. The mondo is a little wider.

I chose the mondo because to me it had a better surf wake and had a lower price.

Wakeboard mag has YouTube videos of both wake and surf reviews so that you can get an idea of the differences in the wakes.

Depending on where you are, a 14 carryover will be a good deal.

Best of luck. Post pictures when you get one.

kriley
03-16-2015, 01:15 PM
I have a 2013 LSV, we generally have 6 kids and 4 adults on the boat most of the time. The Mondo came out after we purchased our LSV and to be honest I would not change my choice. We have a great surf wave, great wakeboard wave, and not much of a wave when my wife is out carving the water slaloming.
I will say that this boat loves weight - 1100 in the rear lockers, 400 under the seats on both sides and then bow weight plus the hard tank full in the center.
Either way you go (LSV or Mondo) you will not be disappointed!!!

BamaMojo
03-16-2015, 02:06 PM
Mojo... Spend a few dollars more, will be well worth it

2012 Mojo

mattl
03-16-2015, 02:57 PM
Mojo... Spend a few dollars more, will be well worth it

2012 Mojo

Agreed the new mojo looks amazing.

callynoah
03-16-2015, 03:33 PM
Thanks for the replies so far, I do see a lot of posts where the LSV is favoured over the Mondo, however my dealer is really pushing the mondo as a good all around starter wakeboard/surf boat. Although we don't plan on keeping the boat for a long time and will grow as our needs grow I do need one that will full fill our needs for the next few years as my kids get more into the sport and not one that I will regret right after purchasing. The mojo seems like a fantastic boat but I'm not sure I was to start off with a 23ft boat right off the bat. We came from a tahoe q4 sport that was 19.5 ft so that would be a big jump. For any mondo owners any advice/criticism would be appreciated to help make our decision as the boats are still so new and there is not a lot of good reviews for them.
Thanks again

sandm
03-16-2015, 03:48 PM
spent some time on a mondo here and it's a great boat. have not surfed it yet as he does not have the added ballast it will need, but the wakeboard wake is great. granted I'm a beginner, but seen some advanced inverts pulled off the boat so the potential is there.

boat could be a tad tight for 8 if no one is in the bow.

personally, if you can swing the mojo, do it... won't be sorry....

pdhj1990
03-21-2015, 06:55 AM
My last boat was a Tige 24V. Last week, I ordered the 15 Mojo. If Moomba made a 24 ft boat, I'd have bought it.

If the cost is not prohibitive, go with the Mojo. The extra size allows for more friends and family. It also make a difference with choppy water.

Good luck with your purchase!

Thanks for the replies so far, I do see a lot of posts where the LSV is favoured over the Mondo, however my dealer is really pushing the mondo as a good all around starter wakeboard/surf boat. Although we don't plan on keeping the boat for a long time and will grow as our needs grow I do need one that will full fill our needs for the next few years as my kids get more into the sport and not one that I will regret right after purchasing. The mojo seems like a fantastic boat but I'm not sure I was to start off with a 23ft boat right off the bat. We came from a tahoe q4 sport that was 19.5 ft so that would be a big jump. For any mondo owners any advice/criticism would be appreciated to help make our decision as the boats are still so new and there is not a lot of good reviews for them.
Thanks again

callynoah
04-05-2015, 03:49 PM
Just got a price quote for a fairly loaded 2015 mondo with an upgraded tandem trailer and the auto flow system full lighting package and all colour upgrades etc the boat was ordered in Feb of this year. We live in Canada and the dealer had the price @1.15 to the US dollar with all discounts comes to $68460 US plus taxes. Is this in the ball park as our dollar is quite weak compared to the US and it is really driving up the costs in Canada.