PDA

View Full Version : Replacing Factory Stereo 2008 XLV

JHutch
03-06-2015, 05:58 PM
My boat has the factory Kicker system in it and due to a blown tower speaker I am looking to rework a few things:

1- New Tower Speakers to replace Kickers. I think my amps should be good?
2- Replace head unit and terrible Aeware remotes. (recomendations for what works best to replace the 2 remotes?)
3- cabin speakers?

I would like to keep this around $1K if possible some please give me some ideas of whats best to do.

Thanks!

John H.
2008 xlv Gravity Games

trayson
03-07-2015, 02:33 AM
Can you give a little more detail on what you have specifically for a system? I have a 2008 XLV and your system doesn't sound identical to what was in my boat when I got it. I know mine was modded a little, but I don't think it was completely changed.

So tell us exactly what head unit you have. what are your cabin speakers. what amp(s) do you have? how many tower speakers do you have?

I'm happy to give you some 'budget' recommendations, but I need some more insight into exactly what you've got right now. So details and even pictures are great.

MLA
03-07-2015, 10:22 AM
1) are you looking for replacement drivers or a whole new upfit? A new amp may not be a "have to" but if you want to get the most out of the tower setup, an amp change is probable. IIRC, the OEM amp was a 200.2 or maybe the 300.2. Knowing what your tower speakers goals are, makes it much easier to offer suggestions.

2) Sony, Kenwood, Fusion, Clarion

3) Are the blown? Whats the amp driving them? Given your budget, I would prioritize and put as much of the available budget to the top of the list. That sounds like tower speakers/amp and head-unit w/remotes.

JHutch
03-07-2015, 11:39 PM
Im not for sure of what models numbers, I assume its factory by the looks but here is what it is.

6- Kicker Cabin speakers
1- open air sub under the drivers helm
2-Kicker tower speakers in roswell cans
2-Kicker amps
1- Kenwood head unit-
2-Aeware remotes(Do not function very well at higher volumes for some reasons)