PDA

View Full Version : Prop Shaft Alignment help....

JesseC
05-22-2006, 12:07 AM
I attempted to check the alignment on my prop shaft on the V-drive and just ended up really confused. I got out the offset gauges and tried to check the gap in the flange. I could not get any of the gauges between the flange. What is the proper way to check the engine alignment in a V-drive. There did not appear to be any space at all any where on the flange. Could someone send me the proper instructions or just point me in the right direction? Any help would be appreciated.

DOCDRS
05-22-2006, 02:41 PM
You did loosen the 4 bolts?

05-22-2006, 02:45 PM
I really do not want to look like an idiot, but no I did not. I was not sure if there was some type of rubber flange in the center similar to a harmonic balancer. Are there any instructions available for download or has anyone been sent instructions? I just took a quick glance at it and decided to post and ask you guys what to do before I really end up screwing something up. Thanks.

DOCDRS
05-22-2006, 07:37 PM
send me your email and i'll send you the procedure for my boat, its a dd , i imagine the procedure is similaron a vd just think how you want the engine to tilt to get proper alignment

JesseC
05-22-2006, 09:10 PM
[email protected]