PDA

View Full Version : Here are my Steering Cable part numbers and pricing info (documenting my research)

trayson
02-25-2015, 03:23 PM
I just wanted to document as I did a little research. The steering cable on my 2008 XLV is a Teleflex SSC15420; HPS Rack and Pinion Backmount TFXtreme 20 ft.

It has a skier's choice part # of 106285 and it's item #22310 on Ski Dim. However, I found the best pricing by searching on the Teleflex SSC15420 part number. The best prices I was finding were coming in just over $150.

SkiDim had it for $195 and AWS (local dealer) had the Skier's Choice version for $183.

Without searching TOO long, the best price I found online was here: http://www.boatstoreusa.com/

I figured I'd document the part #'s and pricing.

I basically made a couple of calls and was able to find the respective part #'s so I figured I'd pass on the info.

Whitey
02-26-2015, 08:04 PM
They also have the lowest price I have found on a small box anchor. $128 and change only $9 to ship.

trayson
02-26-2015, 08:20 PM
They also have the lowest price I have found on a small box anchor. $128 and change only $9 to ship.

The box anchor is BAD ASS. I love mine. Wouldn't go back to a weaksauce fluke anchor. When I sold my last boat, I said "Hell no! You aren't getting my box anchor!"

maxpower220
02-26-2015, 11:05 PM
I used skidim for my cable. I found that their knowledge of what I needed exactly was outstanding. Much like you may have found, Teleflex has changed part numbers or whatever. The next time I ordered something, I asked for a discount and they happily gave 15%. Not sure if they would have done that the first time, but as a repeat customer, maybe.

Perhaps not the best price, but when the guy on the phone knows exactly what you are describing and gets it right along with "I owned that exact boat for X years", I like the service. It was also nice having a Christian based company sending a message on the receipt.

viking
02-26-2015, 11:09 PM
I've had similar experiences as maxpower with skidim on past orders. Top notch place to buy your parts. And they always run a fall and spring special.