PDA

View Full Version : Replacing Fuel Pump (PSI and Compatibility Question)

MoombaPat
02-20-2015, 04:27 PM
Hey guys, I have a 2000 Moomba Outback LS with the Indmar Assault V8 5.7 Carb.

My Carter Fuel pump went out (not an electrical issue) on me before deployment and I didn't have the chance to replace it. I was looking at going over to a Holley Fuel Pump. I don't know if I will run into any issues running the pump. Will I have to specifically tune the pump to run at a set PSI for my engine? Is there tuning that will be required if I don't put the same fuel pump in, or is it just plug and play? I haven't had to do this before so I apologize if it seems like a simple question. I just want to make sure I am able to make it work. Any help would be appreciated, I want to place the order and have it waiting on me when I return from my deployment.

Below is the link to the fuel pump I am looking at getting.

http://www.amazon.com/Holley-712-8011-Electric-Marine-Fuel/dp/B00029JK5K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1424463899&sr=8-1&keywords=Holley+Marine+Fuel+Pump

If you have any other suggestions, please let me know. Always open to advice from more experienced guys!

parrothd
02-20-2015, 04:36 PM
Why don't you just buy the correct pump? Skidim has them pretty easy to install. Sorry can't follow links in this site..

MoombaPat
02-22-2015, 08:34 AM
Wanted to supply the holly carb with a holly pump. Figured if I was replacing anyways why not do a slight upgrade.

z28ke
02-23-2015, 12:10 PM
If the stock pump lasted 15 years I would replace with stock. There will be no performance gain in going with the Holly. The possible downside of going with a different fuel pump is the psi could be slightly different which will alter your air/fuel mixture possible requiring re-jetting of the carb to compensate. This is assuming there is not an inline pressure regulator. If there is a regulator it should be fine.

MoombaPat
03-13-2015, 03:20 PM
If the stock pump lasted 15 years I would replace with stock. There will be no performance gain in going with the Holly. The possible downside of going with a different fuel pump is the psi could be slightly different which will alter your air/fuel mixture possible requiring re-jetting of the carb to compensate. This is assuming there is not an inline pressure regulator. If there is a regulator it should be fine.

Took your advice z28ke, went with the stock Carter Low Pressure Fuel pump from SKIDIIM.