PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Mojo vs 2015 Enzo 233

pdhj1990
02-14-2015, 02:31 AM
I'm a former 06 Tige 24V owner. Now, I'm looking for a replacement boat without breaking the bank. We wake surf, wake board, ski and tube - in that order. We boat at Lake Texoma, TX.

This week, I took a 2015 Moomba Mojo with the flow surf package for a spin. This boat has outstanding power and a smooth ride. The surf wake was good. However, I think 1,100 pounds in each rear locker would help. Overall a very nice boat especially for the money. I posted some pics of the surf wake in another post.

Today, I took a 2015 Centurion Enzo SV233 for a spin. RAM fill, CATS and extra bags in the rear lockers. Great boat - great wake - costly.

A friend also suggested I consider a 2015 MB B23. However, I know nothing about this boat or brand.

Thoughts???

wolfeman131
02-14-2015, 08:44 AM
My thought is that asking this on the Moomba forum will yield results of, "buy the Mojo."

And, if you post this on Centurion Crew the replies will be, "buy the FS33."

And, if you post this on the MB forum, you'll read, "buy the MB."

And, if you post on Wakeworld, you will get flamed for considering each of these boats while also being told all are the best.

But, you already answered the question with your first statement and your observations. There's no better bang for the buck in the market. The 15 Mojo is an all new hull, new Raptor motor and with some weight is a great surf machine. See if your dealer has a surf edition boat that has the IBS and take along some bigger, or extra, bags.

Also consider your dealer. I think you have a pretty good Moomba dealer to work with.

muehlcj
02-14-2015, 09:55 AM
There are so many factors that come into play when buying a boat that only you can make the 'right decision' for you. One thing you will get with the moomba that my buddies with other name brand boats say they don't get is such a great group of people always willing to help at every turn. Doesn't matter if it's a stereo upgrade, a ballast upgrade, a maintainace issue or just others excited to talk about wakeboats.

All three are nice boats. I'm sure you will be happy with any of them.

freshturk
02-14-2015, 11:53 AM
When i made my last boat purchase i considered the centurions and I just couldnt get over the lack of fit and finish on a boat of its pricetag. Granted i was looking at a '14 and the interiors have made some improvements, however it just seemed like a considerably "cheaper" boat than those i was comparing it to (supra, mastercraft) Also I wasnt huge on the idea of ramfil, as the fillspeeds are nice it just wouldnt work for me considering we surf right outside of our marina and I would have had to be driving way farther out to fill and empty than we even surf. Also the lack of storage with ramfill is appauling, more storage and more weight without ramfill option. Lastly, with different people having to drive my boat depending on whos surfing, it became increasingly more important to us to have a somewhat equally weighted boat(we still list slightly with our supra) as we had plenty of inexperienced drivers taking rollers when we listed our old LSV. With the surf system, no driver has taken a roller.

Hope this helps, perhaps a '14 SC350 could be had for the same price as an sv233? I never looked hard into centurion pricing after our demo so im just speculating.

boardman74
02-14-2015, 02:38 PM
We purchased a 2015 Mojo at the boat show. The money you are talking, there is nothing better for the money. Really nothing else for the money period.

Did the boat you tested have the manual flow or the new auto flow. According to what we were told by the factory reps at the show that makes a big difference. We are ordering with the IBS and the rear bags will get swapped out before the boat ever hits the water. No way are the 650's big enough.

beat taco
02-14-2015, 04:59 PM
If you're looking to stay at the Mojo price point and similar size I would look at the MB mentioned or the Axis A24. All will have pros/cons relevant to you. Texas Mastercraft is about an hour from you and caries MB's. I don't really wear brand goggles (I have a 2000 Supra!) But having spent time on many wake boats from $60-$140k the 2015 Mojo with all the new upgrades is at the top of my list for being one I would actually buy.

If you are comfortable with the Enzo price point I would have a different list of boats I would compare it to.

viking
02-14-2015, 07:31 PM
If comparing Mojo to others I would suggest Axis, MB, and Supreme as same category of price point.
Centurion comparisons would come closer to Supra and Malibu.

pdhj1990
02-15-2015, 11:38 AM
I appreciate the feedback. I'm not sure what ISB stand for - the boat I'm considering has the auto flow surf package.

Other options include:

1,100 rear ballast bags - dealer installed including gauge recalibration
accent color
bow cushion - not sure I need this - our last boat had one, we never used it and couldn't find it when I sold the boat
sun deck walk across w/nonskid
pop cleats
non-skid deck package
stainless stell rubrail
swivel board racks
bimini
snap down cover
audio remote
package D speakers - 2 tower & amp - not sure this is enough
cooler - not sure we need this
Bow speakers
depth finder
dual battery with charger
7 way trailer plug
table
swing away trailer tong
Painted fenders - not sure I need this option
14' spare

Dallas Moomba dealer is excellent. They used to be the Tige dealer that sold my earlier boat - 06 24V. They also carry the Cobalt line.

sandm
02-15-2015, 11:52 AM
I'd shop mojo, mb 23 and supreme 226 if it was me. all will be great boats. surfing, I'd have to give the edge to supreme, but wakeboard, the mojo. mb, have not surfed or boarded it, but almost bought one off testdrive. based on the deep vee, should surf great but all will need more weight.

good luck and remember to keep dealers in mind as you shop. that'll play a big part for after the sale service and warranty.

pdhj1990
02-15-2015, 12:39 PM
I'm not interested in the Supreme 226 - fit and finish are lacking. I am going to test ride the MB23 this week, assuming the weather improves in Dallas. I plan to purchase a boat before the end of February, so it's ready for the spring.

Other brand enthusiasts speak poorly about Moomba quality. They mention the thikness of the side panels and other issues as well. However, I thought the fit and finish was very good on the Moomba.

The only comment I have is I could hear the boat make contact with the chop as we moved across the lake during my test ride. I don't recall as pronounced the sound in my former boat 06 Tige 24v.

Thanks again for the feedback.

wolfeman131
02-15-2015, 02:36 PM
Other brand enthusiasts speak poorly about Moomba quality. They mention the thikness of the side panels and other issues as well.

Went over to WakeWorld, didn't you?

Push on the side hull of the Mojo & see if you get any flex. I doubt you will. Other brands, you just might.

I'm curious to the "other issues" that were mentioned?

Every brand has it's positives & negatives. The negatives from my 2 Moomba Boats is a real short list and I think SC has addressed all of them on the 2015 Mojo.

Sit in the MB seats and you'll notice the short seat bases. It makes the boat feel shallow from the inside, IMO. This is due to their ballast system which basically is the flooding of cavities in the hull. The system fills & drains very fast and is one of the positives MB promotes. However, it's not enough weight to surf, so you need to add bags to the system and you then negate that positive.

The boat has no flotation foam and isn't NMMA certified because of this. This may not matter to you. Maybe you don't take people you like/love out on your boat:

http://www.axiswakeboardboats.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2460

My kids love the bow filler cushion, but to each his own on that one. We find the cooler is great, but there are other options. I went with the painted fenders as I just liked the way it looked, but not necessary.

What is the table option? I haven't seen or heard of this.

evoimport6
02-15-2015, 02:47 PM
Wow, the a22 went under! sadly I thought this was going to happen to me. I've never seen so much water come into a boat. I now don't try to turn the boat around the fast way, just slow down and let the waves by. The a22 Does ride low in the front though.

wolfeman131
02-15-2015, 02:53 PM
Yep, right to the bottom. Your Moomba won't ever sink to the bottom unless it's extremely catastrophic damage and you probably won't be around to worry about it.

beat taco
02-15-2015, 03:35 PM
If you're worried about fiberglass thickness and method of construction I wouldn't bother looking at the Axis.
Moomba saves their customers money by being innovative in the way they streamline production at their plant and the "average Joe" no frills marketing campaign.
Does one of three people still personally inspect every boat before it leaves the factory (ceo, pres., or vp of marketing) ?

tater
02-15-2015, 04:40 PM
Since you was a Tige owner before have you looked at the 2015 Z-3,they now have the Raptor motor,I am a novice surfer at best,but thought there surf wave was the best that i have ever surfed,and they have a remote for the surfer to adjust while surfing i thought that was pretty cool,but it lacked storage and i thought the vinyl was really cheap looking and it didnt look like it would hold up very long,looking forward to seeing Drew's wake on the SG.

RickT
02-15-2015, 06:31 PM
If you're worried about fiberglass thickness and method of construction I wouldn't bother looking at the Axis.
Moomba saves their customers money by being innovative in the way they streamline production at their plant and the "average Joe" no frills marketing campaign.
Does one of three people still personally inspect every boat before it leaves the factory (ceo, pres., or vp of marketing) ?

Yes, on the inspection!

RT

wolfeman131
02-15-2015, 09:08 PM
Yes, on the inspection!

RT

So says, El Presidente!

MLA
02-16-2015, 01:40 AM
1,100 rear ballast bags - dealer installed including gauge recalibration

Are these the custom surf sacs from Moomba/Supra or the Fly High W719 Jumbo Surf? From what I hear, as well as measurements, the W719 is not a good fit. Good value though, cant beat the net weight for the price. Like most boats, a custom surf sac gets you the most, but at a price.

pdhj1990
02-16-2015, 09:06 AM
I'm not sure about the surf sacs. I'll ask. I appreciate the insight.

pdhj1990
02-16-2015, 09:13 AM
As respects to Moomba boat quality, I'm impressed with the 15 Mojo. I also view negative comments by competitors sales people and owners as misguided. There folks are either trying to make a sale or overly loyal to their boat/brand.

I liked the way the Mojo performed. However, the sound of the chop as we moved across the wake was more pronounced than my old Tige - not a big deal.

Thanks.

mmandley
02-16-2015, 12:58 PM
As respects to Moomba boat quality, I'm impressed with the 15 Mojo. I also view negative comments by competitors sales people and owners as misguided. There folks are either trying to make a sale or overly loyal to their boat/brand.

I liked the way the Mojo performed. However, the sound of the chop as we moved across the wake was more pronounced than my old Tige - not a big deal.

Thanks.

I have been waiting to post in this thread to give this exact statement through thought.

I own the 13 Mojo which boat wise is the same as the 14, I cannot speak on the 15 but over all I assume the running and sound differences are the same or less pronounced as when I switched from my LSV to the Mojo.

Mojo over the LSV biggest relevant difference was Solid feel, quieter running of the boat and engine, and of course more power from the engine.
Note part of the quieter engine was due to the new Cats on the Mojo vs no Cats on the LSV.

I have a close friend that owns the new FS33 and I spent some time on his boat.

My findings.
Personally I felt the boat was well constructed.
Interior quality felt the same
Engine noise was comparable
Fit and finish was only slightly better due to less plastic based components.

Other then that when compared Machine Vs Machine I don't see a lot of difference in build quality.

If you want to talk about how the boat felt? Then I felt some differences there, biggest thing for me was Throttle, its drive by wire, most higher end boats are, this just means smoother easier movement.
Dash I liked a lot due to it being covered in Material and having a very solid feel.
Instrumentation was by fare superior in my Techy mind because of all the settings, versatility compared to regular analog gauges in the Mojo.
Storage was Poor, hard tanks take a lot of room, really only had the cubby. Would this be a deal breaker to me? No because I run huge ballast already but it was very disappointing to know I can't store any boards at all in the boat. For me this is right on the edge of deal breaker.
Driving the boat it felt very much the same, it does have a nice engine tone, the exhaust has a strange rumble to me but i think this is just the exhaust design, not a deal breaker.

Lets talk about RAM Fill, Love it but I really don't need it and so this is invalid to me.
CATS Love it Want it would be a Huge deciding factor for me.

Looking at the boat in general I like the outside Lines and colors, but these are invalid because most boats come with tons of colors, designs, glitter.

Now the money maker, Waves.
We only surfed and Surf wave is all that matters to me.
FS33 Regular wave out of the box from the factory is better then Mojo I think. We did not run the new surf tabs. Just hull, weight, and Wake Plate.
Wave has a lot of solid push, lots of adjustablity to fit skill and size of rider to give them a quality wave.
I understand why its a Wold Surf Event Boat.

On to the Mojo
Engine non valid as I don't have the Raptor.
Interior the new Mojos have multi colors and I think the finish is on Par with FS33
Dash i personally like the gauges and small computer but not in the same league as full digital.
Driving the boat, the throttle is a little more to push it forward but I like this as well, but with FS33 I really liked the fancy billet throttle.
Sound in the boat, I think driving both boats they handle the same, sound the same in the water and take waves as well as the other. Both boats are very solid in the water.
Looking at the outsides, the Mojo to me is a great looking boat and with the new S bend tower it a nice upgrade. Mojos come in lots of colors and have glitter options.

Surf Wave- Mojo out of the Box from the factory is WEAK. Sorry SC love you but this is the truth. This boat needs a minimum of 900s in the rear and an IBS to really be competitive.

Goofy wave as always been an issue with SC boats, Moomba and Supra if your not using some kind of surf enhancing device, Flow, Auto Flow, Swell.
In this case Hull and Ballast Moomba and Supra just don't compare to the FS33 which is a Surf oriented boat.
Add the Flow and the Mojo steps its surf game up but for me and how we like the waves, Flow doesn't work on its own. We still run traditional ballast 1 side for Goofy and more evenly weighted for Reg.
Auto-Flow I can't speak on as I have not had the option yet to ride it.

Those are my unbiased thoughts on both even though I own the Mojo.

If I was buying a boat this year-and I'm not for the 15 model year.

Between these two boats I would be really hard pressed, there is plenty on the FS33 I love but its all Luxury items really. The only true to form Item is the CATS fin that I would be leaning hard for.
The 20K price jump between these boats is the luxury factor and must be accounted for. Digital Dash screens 2 of them. Ram Fill, Cats, LEDs, Billet all over the place all add up in that 20K but most of it its a Visual Luxury and don't make the boat run any different. Cats is the only option that effects its running performance.

Would I buy a Mojo right now? No its not even in the running for my next boat.
Why? Because I own one and for the price jump from what I paid for my boat VS the 15 Mojo its not enough for my money.

Supra? Good possibility but that's another discussion.

pdhj1990
02-16-2015, 02:16 PM
I have a couple weeks before I need to order a new boat. I'd be interested in what 15 Mojo owners with the auto flow surf package have to say in response to mmandley's comprehensive post.

wolfeman131
02-16-2015, 04:16 PM
You're going to need to get out on both boats and compare apples-to-apples for yourself as I'm not there are too many (if any) '15 Mojo owners with autoflow out there to give you feedback. It was great for Mike to write that up, but he's comparing a '13 Mojo to a '15 SV233. The '15 Mojo is an all new hull and the interior from the vinyl to the stereo has been upgraded as well.

Take extra bags and set the boats up as you will when you own one of them. As mentioned, the SV233 that Mike has ridden does not have the surf system. The boat has been weighted traditionally. Trayson was on the same boat this past weekend:

http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd344/wolfeman131/GOPR0157.jpg (http://s530.photobucket.com/user/wolfeman131/media/GOPR0157.jpg.html)

How's that for some lean? I never had to weight my Mojo to that extent to get a great surf wave even before we had the manual flow added. I also never took a wave over the back of my boat when stopping to get a fallen rider the way I've seen most Centurion do when surfing them.

You've already mentioned that you like the Moomba dealer. I've heard they are solid as well. I think you'll have to buy your Centurion through the local Tracker Boat dealer. Perfect if you want to mount a trolling motor off the bow, but I'm not sure how that would work when you have an issue.

pdhj1990
02-16-2015, 04:25 PM
Thanks Wolfeman. The lean does make a difference, especially when my wife is driving the boat.

As noted earlier, the Moomba dealer agreed to put 1,100's in the rear lockers to augment the auto flow surf package. I assume this will help the Mojo achieve a Centurion like surf wave.

Do you have surf pics of your Mojo? Do you have the 1,100's in your rear lockers, bow ballast and flow surf?

viking
02-16-2015, 04:39 PM
I think you definitely need to demo each to really make a good decision. I can't remember if you mentioned whether you surf goofy or not? But if you do then I'd give a strong edge to Centurion with CATS. If not then CATS wouldn't be as necessary.
Also, these surf systems are nice if you are dead set on a non-listed boat and/or transfers is a main concern. But even the hard core Malibu Owners will tell you the surf wave is better without the gate and I think you'll find the same thing with Fineline and SC. As they are further tested/proven and have some years on them that may change! But right now I'm still not sold on them as a necessity.

mmandley
02-16-2015, 04:54 PM
You're going to need to get out on both boats and compare apples-to-apples for yourself as I'm not there are too many (if any) '15 Mojo owners with autoflow out there to give you feedback. It was great for Mike to write that up, but he's comparing a '13 Mojo to a '15 SV233. The '15 Mojo is an all new hull and the interior from the vinyl to the stereo has been upgraded as well.

Take extra bags and set the boats up as you will when you own one of them. As mentioned, the SV233 that Mike has ridden does not have the surf system. The boat has been weighted traditionally. Trayson was on the same boat this past weekend:

How's that for some lean? I never had to weight my Mojo to that extent to get a great surf wave even before we had the manual flow added. I also never took a wave over the back of my boat when stopping to get a fallen rider the way I've seen most Centurion do when surfing them.

You've already mentioned that you like the Moomba dealer. I've heard they are solid as well. I think you'll have to buy your Centurion through the local Tracker Boat dealer. Perfect if you want to mount a trolling motor off the bow, but I'm not sure how that would work when you have an issue.

Completely agree Drew, Its not a FAIR comparison as he was asking for the 15 Mojo but honestly not to many have a 15 Mojo in the water yet.

I will say the Centurion does not need to lean quit like that, I think some of that is Jester learning his boat and how it surfs best. Leaning it hard is the goto way to surf your boat.

Even in 09 when I got my LSV most of us rolled it hard over, then over time we learned to run some offset weight to keep that roll less extreme and the wave still improved.

wolfeman131
02-16-2015, 05:24 PM
Thanks Wolfeman. The lean does make a difference, especially when my wife is driving the boat.

As noted earlier, the Moomba dealer agreed to put 1,100's in the rear lockers to augment the auto flow surf package. I assume this will help the Mojo achieve a Centurion like surf wave.

Do you have surf pics of your Mojo? Do you have the 1,100's in your rear lockers, bow ballast and flow surf?

You can search the forum for plenty of pics & video of the wave we got from our Mojo. Yes, I upgraded to 1,100's in the rear, an IBS and I had a 370lb tube under the port side seats. Before we added the manual flow, we leaned the boat to the regular side more than we did once the flow was installed. Again, search the forums and you can see that Mike and I ran very similar setups in regards to weight distribution. He had more port side weight with his bank of stereo batteries.

Will you get a "Centurion-like surf wave" from a Mojo? Nope. But you won't get a Mojo-like wave out of a Centurion, or a Tige or a Malibu or a MC. The different hulls & different systems all throw different waves. Some hook more, some are taller, some longer, some with more or less push, some with a hard lip, etc. When my girls compete, they can ride the same make/model boat at different events and the wave will be completely different due to the way the boat is set up and/or driven. That's another reason I say to take one out and set it up the way you will when you own it and see if the wave is what you want. Even better is to grab a board and ride it! See if your wife likes driving it the way you have it set up. My wife won't drive our friend's Centurion when it's sacked out and leaning like that one in the pic I posted.

Or, throw all that out the window & come to the Southern Surfest. You'll get to ride in all the best boats on the market today (except MB, who declined our invitation this year) as well as the best wakesurf boards.

jmvotto
02-16-2015, 05:52 PM
We slammed a 13 mojo with of 5k in weight and it never leaned like that , it actually has a great setup how drew stated it. Without the flow too. At roughly 3k in ballast all hidden . Handles well with 3 k of weight.

Come to SSF it should be a great time.

Here is a pic of chris behind his 13 mojo
https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?25189-Mojo-with-5000lbs-of-ballast&highlight=Wave

pdhj1990
02-16-2015, 06:17 PM
The information shared on this thread is extremely helpful. Although this will not be my first boat, my only exposure to Moomba and Centurion was achieved during the past few weeks.

Two boats I'm leaning towards include a 14 Centurion SS230 and the 14 Mojo. Purchase price of these two boats is comparable. However, I haven't completed the negotiation process with either boat.

Drew, are your children competitive wake surfers? Does your Mojo create a competition wake surf?

jmvotto
02-16-2015, 06:50 PM
They are champion surfers

wolfeman131
02-16-2015, 07:25 PM
The information shared on this thread is extremely helpful. Although this will not be my first boat, my only exposure to Moomba and Centurion was achieved during the past few weeks.

Two boats I'm leaning towards include a 14 Centurion SS230 and the 14 Mojo. Purchase price of these two boats is comparable. However, I haven't completed the negotiation process with either boat.

Drew, are your children competitive wake surfers? Does your Mojo create a competition wake surf?

Hmmm . . . .

threw us off a bit with the thread title of "15 vs 15."

In 2014, Centurion had the SV233. I don't think they had a SS230 model. In 2015, they released the FS33 and still have the SV233. If the 2014 Centurion has Ramfill, I suggest you do some more reading on other forums and make sure you're fully educated.

I don't know if you can get the new Centurion surf system retrofitted to the 2014 SV233. I do know you can get the manual flow added to the Mojo; not sure about autoflow.

Yes, my daughters are competitive wakesurfers, so we may have a different perspective on boats and waves than others do. As I stated before, each wave is different coming off each boat. Since contests are pulled by different boats, I don't know that there is a definition for a "competition wake surf." What I do know is that the wave from our Mojo was enough to prepare the girls to ride behind any comp boat and win.

My oldest won the Women's Amateur Surf World Championship 3 yrs ago. We did not attend World's 2 yrs ago, but went back last year where my younger daughter won the Women's Outlaw (Jr Pro) Surf World Championship. She actually had a great season, capturing her 3rd consecutive National Championship and won every surf-style contest she entered. She will be riding in the Pro division this season.

pdhj1990
02-16-2015, 07:50 PM
Drew,
Congratulations on your daughter's successes. You should be VERY proud!!!

The Centurion is a 2014 Enzo SS 230, according to the dealers website and boat's build sheet. Centurion discontinued the SS 230 in 15, thus attractive pricing. The boat has the pro ballast package and plug-n-play additional rear surf ballast.

I like the Mojo. Most likely, I'll purchase one. Still doing my research. Time line for purchase is two weeks.

Thanks.

boardman74
02-16-2015, 10:05 PM
Keep in mind the 2015 and 2014 Mojo are completely different boats. New hull for 15. I guess I thought you were talking 15's as the auto flow isn't offered on 14's, it was just released boat show time. Wasn't even offered on early 15's.

wolfeman131
02-16-2015, 10:37 PM
Thanks! We are very proud of the girls as they work extremely hard, year-round to be able to perform to the best of their abilities.

I forgot about the SS series. It was kind of their "base," no frills boat with the analog gauges, etc. That boat really is nothing like the boat Mike wrote about.

http://www.centurionboats.com/enzo-ss230.html

Have fun making your decision. It should be fun. Don't let all the info overwhelm you. Like others have said, take them out for a ride and one will just feel like the right one for you and your family.

pdhj1990
02-17-2015, 01:10 PM
Drew,
In your opinion, which is the better boat - 14 ss230 or 15 MOJO. If I'm going to capitalize on the boat show deal with Moomba and my local dealer, I need to order by Friday. Unfortunately, I won't be able to test drive the ss230 this week, as the boat is in Houston and I'm in Dallas. . I've visited with the dealer by phone and email.
I did test ride the 15 Centurion 233 last week as the hulls are comparable. The main differences are the bow configuration and electronics.
Our order of activities include - wake surfing, wake boarding and water skiing. Based upon the 233 wake, water skiing will be a challenge with a Centurion.
Thoughts?

wolfeman131
02-17-2015, 01:26 PM
If price is comparable, then I think the 15 Mojo is the better choice.

The biggest reason isn't performance, looks, etc. It's resale/value. No matter if you put 1 or 100 or 1,000 hours on the boat, your depreciation on the 14 will be greater than on the 15. So, when you go to sell/trade that boat, the dealer or private buyer and/or bank will only care that it's a 14. I also don't like buying an end-of-model-life boat. You're going to have to go up against the SV and FS series on the used market. This argument is weakened if you plan to keep the boat for 10 yrs. My guess is that you won't do that.

Go sit in the 15 Mojo before Friday. Versus the 230, the dash is comparable, if not better as I think it's easier to navigate. The styling, fit & finish of the 15's is the best I have seen from Moomba. I think the brand new hull is better suited to what you want to do on the lake. The new Raptor motor is a beast and outperforms the PCM, IMO. I prefer the bow of the Mojo with the filler cushion vs a traditional bow, especially for the kids.

You will probably need to upgrade the ballast bags in the rear and order the surf edition with the IBS or plan to add that on your own as well. Not sure that any boat/brand doesn't require that or some other tweak to get the surf wave everyone wants.

Good luck!

Mobius22
02-17-2015, 06:14 PM
The 15 Mojo will actually have a pretty good ski wake with the wakeplate all the way down. The new hull is extremely versatile and can really do it all. The wakeboard wake is extremely good when weighted. The Centurion is geared directly toward surfing. The Moomba is geared toward all three sports, and does all three well. Really just depends on what you're looking to do on the lake. Demo the Mojo if you haven't, and I think you'll really appreciate the performance and the Raptor engine in the 2015.

pdhj1990
02-17-2015, 11:21 PM
Great feedback Drew, I appreciate your and other forum members feedback.

As I've evaluated the different brands/models, a reocurring theme prevails. Competitors highlight the following:

1) Moomba resell value is awful
2) Moomba quality is poor
3) Moomba manufactures a lower end boat

I know that competitors trash talk. However, I'm interested in how existing Moomba boat owners respond to negative comments.

Please don't trash me. I'm trying to justify a 15 Mojo purchase.

Thanks!!!

jmvotto
02-17-2015, 11:29 PM

As I've evaluated the different brands/models, a reocurring theme prevails. Competitors highlight the following:

I know that competitors trash talk. However, I'm interested in how existing Moomba boat owners respond to negative comments.

Thanks!!!

1. False
2 . False
3 . It's a chevy suburban not an escalade, same everything except the bling and 20k less. Great value. If you want a high end boat spend 150 k and get a G23

Do yourself a favor and get in one and do your due diligence , crawl around the boat , under it etc.

pdhj1990
02-17-2015, 11:32 PM
I like Chevy Suburbans. I appreciate your input. No, I don't want to spend $130K. I have two kids in college:)
Thanks.

jmvotto
02-17-2015, 11:45 PM
I like Chevy Suburbans. I appreciate your input. No, I don't want to spend $130K. I have two kids in college:)
Thanks.

Me too, that's why I have a suburban a Silverado and my second Moomba, durable, realiable and gets the job done.

boardman74
02-17-2015, 11:49 PM
Quality is subjective. Its not a Nautique, its not a MasterCraft, its not a Malibu. But they are priced accordingly. I don't know that they are lesser quality, but certainly more economy materials and far less options. The Moomba's have come a long way, a lot of the competitors sales guys don't exactly keep up on that. I hadn't looked at them in years and after crawling around in every brand at the boat show I was very impressed. Enough that we bought one. Its not the best boat available, but I feel like its the best boat for the money. Dollar for dollar there isn't a better value out there. Its not a G23 or Xstar, but hey I don't drive a Mercedes either. I drive a crew cab Chevy and our new 15 Mojo will look great behind it. I am confident it will meet our expectations and do everything we ask of it.

RickT
02-17-2015, 11:54 PM
I will address a couple of these. :)

1. There is a NADA book which shows the resale values of each manufacturer model going back as many years as you can go. As to Moomba it has one of the highest %, if not the highest in the ski/wake industry. Are the numbers lower in raw dollars...yes, but you paid less to begin with.
2. Poor quality. A Moomba is manufactured to same specifications as every Supra, in lamination in particular, there is no difference. The best judge of quality is usually how the customer feels about the boat they purchased, which in this case, we use a term call CSI(Customer Satisfaction Index). This number is measured by a 3rd party group for all boats. Moomba has a ski industry leading 9 consecutive industry awards for maintaining a score of over 90%! These are quality products that our employees take tremendous pride in building. We would welcome you anytime for a factory tour here in Tennessee, I think you will leave in a position to make an informed decision on which products are built with a high level of quality. Good luck in your search. My email at the plant is [email protected], should we be able to help in any way.

Rick

Boonejeepin
02-17-2015, 11:54 PM

Thanks!!!

1) My boat would sell very quickly for about 15-20% less than what I paid for it new 4 years ago. I can't complain about that.

2) It has never had a warranty claim and I am at 430 hrs.

3) Agree that Moombas of my vintage are the Suburban and not the Escalade. Although the newer Moombas are the Yukon Denali flavor.

At the end info the day go with the product that makes you happy and fits your needs.

KG's Supra24
02-18-2015, 12:10 AM
1. Do your research on resell. Look on onlyinboards.com for 2 year old boats with 150'ish hours, compare the % drop, not the price tag. I really can't believe Centurion (if that's the competition you mention) has much to say in regards to resell due to their marketshare. Most areas you would have to educate the buyer on the brand. One factor affecting prices of early Mojos will be whether or not they have flow.

2. What year are they referring to bc Moomba has made some real big changes over the last few years. What specific quality items? Most of these boats are made from the some parts bin.

3. It's an affordable option in comparison to their Supra line up, which I would argue is making some of the best boats on the market right now. You set in it ... does it feel lower quality to you or is that just what they say?

It seems like the 15 Mojo is going to be a hit ... 23 ft, supposedly based off the Supra SA hull which is great, better interior materials, s-bend tower, autoflow .... They have stepped it up and this boat shows it off.

KG's Supra24
02-18-2015, 12:15 AM
I was about to agree with that guy talking about the CSI awards and how good of a point that was ....... then i realized who it was. Guess his post holds its own weight.

Woody929
02-18-2015, 12:41 AM
This^^^^^^

jmvotto
02-18-2015, 12:45 AM
I will address a couple of these. :)

1. There is a NADA book which shows the resale values of each manufacturer model going back as many years as you can go. As to Moomba it has one of the highest %, if not the highest in the ski/wake industry. Are the numbers lower in raw dollars...yes, but you paid less to begin with.
2. Poor quality. A Moomba is manufactured to same specifications as every Supra, in lamination in particular, there is no difference. The best judge of quality is usually how the customer feels about the boat they purchased, which in this case, we use a term call CSI(Customer Satisfaction Index). This number is measured by a 3rd party group for all boats. Moomba has a ski industry leading 9 consecutive industry awards for maintaining a score of over 90%! These are quality products that our employees take tremendous pride in building. We would welcome you anytime for a factory tour here in Tennessee, I think you will leave in a position to make an informed decision on which products are built with a high level of quality. Good luck in your search. My email at the plant is [email protected], should we be able to help in any way.

Rick

You just got it straight from the horses mouth , Pres of Skiers choice and he gave you a personal invite to tour the factory, that's says alot.

Boonejeepin
02-18-2015, 12:47 AM
You just got it straight from the horses mouth , Pres of Skiers choice and he gave you a personal invite to tour the factory, that's says alot.

Yep!!!!!!!!!

kaneboats
02-18-2015, 10:06 AM
You guys kill me. We've all seen the image conscious guys in their $120k boats that don't even know how to ride. Then you see us out there with our families and our motto around here: "No worries!" I like this lifestyle and my 2008 LSV I tow with a 2001 Suburban that's still reliable and going strong.

bergermaister
02-19-2015, 03:50 PM
Amen brutha Kane. Amen.

KG's Supra24
02-19-2015, 04:39 PM
Well what happened. What boat are we buying?

mikenehrkorn
02-19-2015, 06:30 PM
I love the use of "we"!! 😂😂

KG's Supra24
02-19-2015, 06:37 PM
After 50 posts .... it's a group decision. :p

Speaking of ... Did you see the Supra SG we picked up?!? It's gonna be saawweeetttt

wolfeman131
02-19-2015, 10:55 PM
Yep, can't wait until we take it out on the lake.

pdhj1990
02-20-2015, 10:18 PM
Earlier today, I ordered the 15 Mojo with the auto surf package. Here are a couple pics of the boat.
Surfs up!

Woody929
02-20-2015, 10:26 PM
Awesome!! Hope the guys at SS took great care of you. Now we'll be sure to help you accessorize :-)

jmvotto
02-20-2015, 10:35 PM
Congrats and welcome aboard!

pdhj1990
02-20-2015, 10:42 PM
Absolutely, the folks at the Slalom Shop treated me very well. I also traded emails with Rick Tinker at Skiers Choice. Rick is passionate about the brand and customer centric.
I look forward to promoting the Moomba Mojo with my Dallas area and Lake Texoma friends. This is a great market for wakeboard boats.
Surfs Up!

beat taco
02-20-2015, 11:16 PM
Congrats! Very nice!

Woody929
02-20-2015, 11:39 PM
Now you are formally invited to the 2015 Texas Moomba/Supra Jam https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=25619

This is an awesome event and there will be several of us from the DFW area heading down for it

wolfeman131
02-21-2015, 12:10 AM
Earlier today, I ordered the 15 Mojo with the auto surf package. Here are a couple pics of the boat.
Surfs up!

Congrats! I hope you and your family enjoy many great hours together and make many great memories on your Moomba Mojo.

pdhj1990
02-21-2015, 12:20 AM
Any insight on cabin rental? We'd have two adults and two teenagers.
Thanks.

Now you are formally invited to the 2015 Texas Moomba/Supra Jam https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=25619

This is an awesome event and there will be several of us from the DFW area heading down for it

Woody929
02-21-2015, 12:39 AM
That I don't know. I'd suggest giving them a call in the morning.
You can also find out more on the Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/MoombaSupraJam