PDA

View Full Version : Sony Remote...audio guru question

tarheelskier
02-13-2015, 12:20 PM
I need help from our audio gurus. I have the stock Sony head unit cdx m60ui from 2012. I also have the remote pictured below at the drivers seat. I need to replace the head unit and am being told that the new Sony HUs will not work with this remote. That the remote will operate, but that the display will not show any information. Has something to do with the type of connection for the remote that Sony is using in the new HU?

Audio gurus, does this sound correct? I find it hard to believe that Sony would have changed those connections, as currently this is the only remote available on the Sony website?

sivs1
02-13-2015, 12:42 PM
I don't have the same remote but have one on the transom and one at the drivers seat. When I upgraded my head unit the main issue was being sure the new head unit had steering wheel controls. Check out Crutchfield, they may help if you send them an email.

MLA
02-13-2015, 12:44 PM
To my knowladge, the only two current Sony models that will actually support the LCD remote, are the DSXS310BTX and DSXMS60. This is the time of year when new stuff rolls out and old stuff goes away, so that info may be changing as we speak. We may see one of those discontinued and something new come out that will support the LCD remote.

What you loose is the output from the head-unit that powers up the display. The commands will still function through the other cable.

tarheelskier
02-13-2015, 12:54 PM
Thanks for the responses. Mike, that's what I am being told, that the remote will function, just no display. Not ideal, so just trying to check out all options before we go that route. Thanks for this info.

jmvotto
02-13-2015, 12:59 PM
Crutchfield. Told me new Sony remotes were comng out