PDA

View Full Version : Anyone done the wakmakers ballast upgrade for pre 2009 boats?

996scott
02-10-2015, 09:48 PM
been thinking of taking out the old GG III and replacing it with the reversible pump system from wakemakers. anyone done this? I just wondering if it is worth $1K. Also thinking it might be cheaper to but everything separately from different sources if i can find the parts cheaper. Any thoughts?

http://www.wakemakers.com/supra-moomba-ballast-system-upgrade.html

kaneboats
02-10-2015, 11:22 PM
You might be right but there is something to be said for having every single part you will need all shipped to you at the same time. I think their kit will be competitive. Shoot, you can probably sell all your old stuff as a kit the same way on ebay.

jmvotto
02-10-2015, 11:25 PM
You would be hard pressed to get it all new any cheaper, plus I think there is a standing Moomba discount , just call.

moombacraze
02-11-2015, 12:46 AM
I bought the upgrade from wakemakers. It was worth every penny! With that came all the knowledge of the great guys at wakemakers for any questions you may have.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mmandley
02-11-2015, 04:23 AM
I did a 3 pump upgrade from them in 10 on my 08 LSV worlds of difference. It really was a lot better because we are always swapping reg and goofy. I mounted all my pumps on the board above the muffler. This made it easy to mount everything, run my lines and in the winter all I had to do was disconnect the bags and the pumps gravity drained the water out.

996scott
02-11-2015, 11:25 AM
You guys are probably right, better to buy from wakemakers and get all of their expertise. Looks like this will probably be my next upgrade. Thanks for the input.

parrothd
02-11-2015, 03:44 PM
You guys are probably right, better to buy from wakemakers and get all of their expertise. Looks like this will probably be my next upgrade. Thanks for the input.

I did this on my 06, if you call wake makers they can tweak the package for you. As a package for the hose, pumps, fittings, thru hulls, etc, you probably won't find it cheaper. I think the wire and pre-wired switches you can do without and get cheaper at home depot. For this boat(second upgrade) I used the pre-wired, was definitely easier. It's nice not having to chase down stuff.

I would add the oklier clamps, they're more "factory" and harder to cut yourself with. You may need the install tool too. :)

http://www.wakemakers.com/pinch-hose-clamp.html