PDA

View Full Version : Dale Hollow Lake

JHutch
02-09-2015, 07:49 PM
Looking to make a trip to Dale Hollow this summer. Any recommendations on where to stay? Would like to stay on the north side of the lake(Burkesville, Celina, etc). Looking to rent a cabin most likely.

13mobiusLSV
02-09-2015, 10:02 PM
If you're doing cabins only your closest drive and best bet would be sulphur creek. Other places close are holly creek, and cedar hill. We used to stay frequently at holly creek/eagle cove (different marina, same ownership) but the rates went way up under new owners. The state park lodge is also very nice. We drive from southside of Indy and can be at sulphur creek in 4.5-5 hours towing the boat.

JHutch
02-10-2015, 10:16 AM
We stayed at Sulpher Creek last year in August. It was nice but they had a severe Skunk problem. It was almost impossible to be outside after dark. We stayed in the Somerset 1 and literally had one run up on the deck at us one night! I would go back but not sure I can convince my wife.

13MLSV- Where do you boat in Southern Indiana? I am in Owensboro, KY so only 3 hours from the Greenwood area. We are going to Patoka for Memorial Day, never been there.

13mobiusLSV
02-11-2015, 05:30 PM
I live an hour north of Monroe so that's where we usually go for the day. We went to patoka every so often growing up. My future in laws aren't far from you, they live in Evansville.