PDA

View Full Version : Moving to the PDX!

04OUTBACK
02-04-2015, 03:14 PM
WELL...
I will be packing up in Louisiana and headed to the Portland, OR area soon! After many months of talks, i have accepted a new position in Portland!

I look forward to catching up with BrianPDX, Mandley, Berg, Al, Diggs, Jester, Newty and the rest of the gang out that way!

Not sure if the Supra will make the move with me yet or not.. Baby due in March. long move.. may take a summer off from boat ownership.. we shall see....

bergermaister
02-04-2015, 04:46 PM
Congrats (again) Brad! Bringing the Supra back to it's home.... is there any irony in there?

You're definitely welcome for some water time!

kaneboats
02-04-2015, 04:51 PM
Lots of great folks up that way. Lots of water too. Get a dry suit tho (and don't let anybody pee in it). Best of luck to you, bro. I'll be up to visit in about 3 years.

motosno963
02-04-2015, 08:13 PM
send that supra back home to rochester. ill take care of her

viking
02-04-2015, 10:09 PM
After building that awesome boathouse your going to up and leave it? That had to be a tough decision.

mmandley
02-05-2015, 12:58 AM
Congratz Bradd,

You can always come out on our boat. Not only will you want a Drysuit, you will need a good wetsuit sense your used to 80+ water, and the only thing getting 80+ here is the Air temp for July and August.

Holler when your up this way, I still owe you that beer.

millerda68
02-05-2015, 03:36 PM
Congrats on the new position and welcome to Portland!

jester
02-05-2015, 03:58 PM
Get ready for the fun of PDX. You and the family are welcome to come down and enjoy some lake time on my boat. I have several dry suits for a reason.

wolfeman131
02-05-2015, 04:35 PM
I have several dry suits for a reason.

Is the reason because mandley pees in them?

04OUTBACK
02-05-2015, 05:03 PM

Please tell me NO!

I look forward to the trip and making some new friends up that way! And getting that beer from Mandley..

BW

kaneboats
02-05-2015, 06:18 PM
Well, they have beer EVERYWHERE up there. And it's darn good too.

slipperyrockTKE300
02-05-2015, 06:27 PM
You tellin' me they even have beer in church??????????

Go to church and get some red beer and bread - I'm about to get me some religion!

jester
02-05-2015, 06:35 PM

Please tell me NO!

Well now that you say something he was very excited and had to take several trips to the swim platform.... Now if I ever go to sell them on Craigslist I just put them as slightly used.

Mike ended up not using the dry suit but only took one run. Something about a man does not need one. I think it is more of you need one to stay a Man but to each their own.

mmandley
02-05-2015, 08:54 PM

I was the only one to not wear a Dry Suit.

I wore my wet suit.

No to completely honest I don't want a drysuit. To me that's not boating and enjoying the water. I just visually can't grasp the concept of getting in the water and not being wet. I have no ill will to those who want to use them.

I will barley wear a wet suit, I don't much care for them either.

I like the idea of jumping in the water and being wet.

For me if the water is so cold you really need to wear a dry suit then you just shouldn't be in the water.

They all wore a dry suit, I wore a wet suit, but we all complained of the same thing, cold hands, cold feet, and cold face.

To each there own though lol.
Yes I made several trips to the swim deck because as you know, boat beer is on loan, it really belongs to the lake gods.

bergermaister
02-06-2015, 01:24 AM
boat beer is on loan, it really belongs to the lake gods.

LOL - Okay, I'm definitely stealing that one!

"belongs to the lake gods and I will return it soon"

newty
02-06-2015, 02:17 AM
LOL - Okay, I'm definitely stealing that one!

"belongs to the lake gods and I will return it soon"
Oh boy, I'm in trouble. Serious debt here.

Welcome back brother! We'll have a beer or two yet...

04OUTBACK
02-06-2015, 10:52 AM
MMMMMMMM
BEER

When i visited Portland in June, i did discover a plethora of good beer options.... MMMMM See ya boys soon.. i fly out there on 2/17 and will be there every week for a few weeks prior to baby being born, then i'll hang close around here. hoping to get moved by late April/early may! just in time to ride some!! If anyone needs any southern goodies, let me know prior to the Moving Truck loadin up and leavin!

kaneboats
02-06-2015, 11:06 AM
For me if the water is so cold you really need to wear a dry suit then you just shouldn't be in the water.

That's why we like to wait till the water is closer to 80 degrees.

bergermaister
02-06-2015, 12:03 PM
If you need any help moving furniture or other heavy stuff just let us know - I'll make sure Jester, Newty and Mandley are available...

;-)

jester
02-06-2015, 02:35 PM
If you need any help moving furniture or other heavy stuff just let us know - I'll make sure Jester, Newty and Mandley are available...

;-)

I am always ready to help. And by help I mean drinking a beer and telling Bergermaister he lifting wrong or need to move that a little more to the left :).

bergermaister
02-06-2015, 05:02 PM
Sounds just like my wife...

trayson
02-06-2015, 07:21 PM
Welcome "back". I'm sure I'll meet you sooner or later. I live in Vancouver a few minutes away from Newty and ride the Columbia most the time. The XLV always has plenty of room, so if you don't bring your boat, you can certainly catch a ride with me.

mmandley
02-07-2015, 12:43 AM
Shoot me a text next time your up in the area. Feb 17th I am off that night and we can meet up. Then I work the rest of the week.

I like how Berg is all about offering up all of us to move your stuff, guess that means hes buying all the beer...I ain't talking boat beer...

04OUTBACK
02-10-2015, 06:08 PM
GOOD News is MOVERS will do all the moving! We can all drink and watch!
I'll holla at you next week Mandley. I am in Town Tues aft - Friday midday and probably all the next week.

Trayson, we'll meet up soon.

jmvotto
02-10-2015, 10:20 PM
Brad, you really miss the cold weather that bad:confused:

You thought ny had no sunshine :cool:

bergermaister
02-11-2015, 02:04 AM
Cold? Maybe in your neck of the woods. Out here we just get soggy. Last I heard our snowpack is 14% of normal, unlike your 400%...

I've seen Mandley lug a cooler with 2 cases of beer and 4 bags of ice in it up a gravel hill in flip flops without breaking a sweat. I figured he could handle a sleeper sofa on his own no problem.

04OUTBACK
02-11-2015, 05:48 PM
Cold? Maybe in your neck of the woods. Out here we just get soggy. Last I heard our snowpack is 14% of normal, unlike your 400%...

I've seen Mandley lug a cooler with 2 cases of beer and 4 bags of ice in it up a gravel hill in flip flops without breaking a sweat. I figured he could handle a sleeper sofa on his own no problem.

Yep... He'll make a good movin helper for sure!

trayson
02-11-2015, 05:54 PM

That's because by the time he actually made it to the top, all the ice was melted and 1/2 the beer was drank.

bergermaister
02-11-2015, 06:17 PM
I may have had that backwards - 4 cases of beer and 2 bags of ice. ;) And that hill up to camp was at least a quarter mile with all the switchbacks...

zabooda
02-11-2015, 08:07 PM
Nice things about Oregon is no sales tax, having someone pump gas for you and appreciating a pineapple express.

mmandley
02-12-2015, 01:36 AM
Nice things about Oregon is no sales tax, having someone pump gas for you and appreciating a pineapple express.

I agree except I would prefer to pump my own gas. I hate waiting on them to get to me, and when they spill gas on my truck I raise holy hell. I normally tell them when its done I'll save you the trip and do it myself.

mmandley
02-12-2015, 01:37 AM
I may have had that backwards - 4 cases of beer and 2 bags of ice. ;) And that hill up to camp was at least a quarter mile with all the switchbacks...

Thats because what you don't realize is Beer only goes down the hill, melted ice and empty cans come up the hill.

That Prinville hill was no joke though.

Only place I been that I went up that much elevation at for the boat was Orville in Nor Cal and Powell.