PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye!

kayjayfech
02-02-2015, 11:50 PM
Everyone, today is a sad day, but a new chapter is about to begin. My wife and I are having our 3rd child this summer and we have sold our 07 Mobius LSV. I have been the only owner (brand new July 3, 2007) and I paid it off in full 1/14/11). I sold the boat here in Phoenix for $31,500.00 and we are going to wait 2 summers before purchasing again. I will most likely purchase a Malibu in the future, but I can tell you honestly, Moomba is an amazing boat. I am saddened by the sale, but it's time to move on. Thank you all for the tips over the years and service advice. Great forum with great people. God bless!

brain_rinse
02-02-2015, 11:53 PM
Good luck with your growing family! Check in from time to time, just to check out the new boats.

996scott
02-03-2015, 12:13 AM
Good luck with the growing family. Family comes first for sure, there will always be time for more boating later on. Enjoy the kids while you can.

viking
02-03-2015, 12:30 AM
Take Care.......we have 3 as well and can tell you that boating/camping creates memories that last forever. We spend so much more time together than the avg. family because everybody enjoys it so much. Get back on the water soon! Congrats on the 3rd!!

KG's Supra24
02-03-2015, 12:36 AM
Congrats on the growing family! Don't skip over Supra when you look again.

sandm
02-03-2015, 08:40 AM
Don't skip over Supra when you look again.

This^^

congrats and good luck boat shopping in a few years. boats are radically changing interiors and options ever couple of years so my guess is the boat you like now will be much different in 2-3 years. shopping is always fun...

Suprahunter
02-03-2015, 10:42 AM
Why Malibu?

kaneboats
02-03-2015, 01:04 PM
Wow. I don't understand this at all. We had two girls and then twin boys. When the boys were born I promptly went out and bought a boat. Wanted them to grow up on the water like I did. Hope you come back soon.

slipperyrockTKE300
02-03-2015, 01:20 PM
Why a Malibu?

I love my Moomba, but I can understand the Malibu.

If I were to buy another wakeboard boat (which I highly doubt) it would be a Malibu - simply because when the original Orlando Supra/Moomba dealer went under, so did Skiers Choice's presence in the Orlando area.

Malibu stepped up and grabbed the reigns.

Plus the Malibu dealer is now located in Clermont....and they have a party bus!!

JGP54321
02-03-2015, 02:31 PM
Sorry you've got to give it up but understand priorities.

That seems like a pretty good price for the LSV. How many hours did you have on it? Anything like FAE, ballast upgrades, etc?

brad460
02-03-2015, 09:18 PM
My wife is having number 2 and 3 (twins) this summer and that has given me a reason to upgrade our Mobius LSV to a bigger Mojo! We need a bigger boat now...Not take time off.. Have you lost your mind? :)

viking
02-03-2015, 10:34 PM
My wife is having number 2 and 3 (twins) this summer and that has given me a reason to upgrade our Mobius LSV to a bigger Mojo! We need a bigger boat now...Not take time off.. Have you lost your mind? :)

HAHA my thoughts exactly. That's when we really started to get serious is when the 2nd and 3rd came along (although not at the same time for us) :grin:

zabooda
02-04-2015, 12:03 AM
If the economy keeps improving and the gas prices stay low, in a couple of years a person will need to stand in line to buy.

jmvotto
02-04-2015, 09:42 AM
Wow. I don't understand this at all. We had two girls and then twin boys. When the boys were born I promptly went out and bought a boat. Wanted them to grow up on the water like I did. Hope you come back soon.

Ditto, the more kids , the bigger the boat. The lake is part of our life style , whether, surfing swimming or just cruising from the boat.. Good luck and come back to the brand that is truly family oriented.

jester
02-04-2015, 11:44 AM
Congrats on the kid. I went two months without a boat and could not handle it, I would not be able to make it two years. Also two years is a long time from now and with everything changing you never know.

trayson
02-04-2015, 01:34 PM
Congrats on the kid. I went two months without a boat and could not handle it, I would not be able to make it two years. Also two years is a long time from now and with everything changing you never know.

I have to go 3 to 6 months "without" a boat every winter! (okay, I still have it, just winterized).

I did have to go almost 3 weeks between my Supra and Moomba though!

kayjayfech
02-04-2015, 07:34 PM
HAHA Love the responses. We live in Phoenix and to take a new born up to 3-year old, to the lake even in our summer weather, can hit 120 degrees, is just not safe. May and June are nice, but even the rest of the summer is just hot air blowing in our faces. We also have our houseboat up at Lake Powell, but even with kids and stairs and not being fully able to swim just was not worth the anxiety for my wife. I could care less, I would throw my boy at 3 off the top of the house boat, LOL. We just want to continue to save for the next couple years and we will definitely be back. Malibu because my brother bought a wakesetter and the steering was smoother and easier to drive. My LSV had tandem trailer, upgraded ballast, 1100# in each locker, crazy stereo and every upgrade (perfect pass, bow filler cushion, etc.) The market is there if you have the right buyer. I have been trying to sell since September.