PDA

View Full Version : 2006 LSV 325 EFI Turns Over Great but will not start

allenlane
02-01-2015, 09:45 PM
Guys...my first post hope in the right place. Went out today to run the boat during off season. Have batteries on a float so they are fine. Motor turns fast enough. So need to check for spark and fuel. 1) Is there a way to add a pressure gauge on that inlet (looks like a tire tube valve stem) on the EFI rack?
Didn't have anyone to turn over to check for spark, but pulled a plug and it looked good. I pushed the valve stem in a gas came out, and can hear the pump cycle when turn on the key. Lanyard is on. How can I test if adequate fuel is getting to the intake...I looked in the throttle body...it was moist but didn't smell too gassy. Took off the fuel filter, I could blow through it fine. What do you guys think? seems I need to test spark, then put a guage on the fuel system.

valleywine
02-02-2015, 01:19 AM
Fiddle with the lanyard when turning the engine over. Mine acts up sometimes. I think they may wear out over time. You'll want to make sure it is operational before getting into more detail I would think.

sivs1
02-02-2015, 10:06 AM
I had an issue with mine where I would run it and be fine, turn it off and float around then went to start and nothing, would crank but would not start. Two things I did: replace fuel filter and make sure the oil lines were not touching the fuel pump. I have had no issues since. Another time we were anchored, went to start and had no crank at all. The boat was in neutral, but the throttle got bumped while sitting there, put it in gear and back to neutral and started right up.

Welcome to the Forum, where you from?

allenlane
02-22-2015, 12:42 AM
Problem solved. Fuel pressure tested good. Spark was there, but too weak. Changed plugs, Cap and Rotor and fired up like brand new. Didn't realize these things could corrode so fast.