PDA

View Full Version : There should be a Boat Protective Services like Child Protective Services

muehlcj
02-01-2015, 11:55 AM
Anyone see this on wake world http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=803896

Brought tears to my eyes.

uniwarking
02-01-2015, 12:00 PM
WOW. What neglect! My last boat was an '07 at it looked nearly new when I traded up... and it was well used as well!

viking
02-01-2015, 12:54 PM
That is just plain sad

BrettLee3232
02-01-2015, 12:59 PM
WOW, that is unreal. Truly embarrassing & even more disgusting. I hope someone buys it for 5k & "tries" to restore her to beauty. If the boat looks like that imagine how the motor works?

togan9
02-01-2015, 05:03 PM
wow that makes mine look like a beauty!

muehlcj
02-01-2015, 05:10 PM
WOW, that is unreal. Truly embarrassing & even more disgusting. I hope someone buys it for 5k & "tries" to restore her to beauty. If the boat looks like that imagine how the motor works?

5k seems to stick in my head also. Only if it runs well though. Hard to believe it was taken care of mechanically though based on the outside appearance.

Some of the damage I can't even guess how it could have happened.

brad460
02-01-2015, 06:33 PM
He mentioned he needs to sell for financial reason...anyone surprised?
Seriously, if a guy is that lazy and destructive to a boat imagine how he runs the rest of his life.

Sinjun
02-01-2015, 09:51 PM
Some people just don't care, last summer a guy started bringing his brand new $85,000 Malibu down to the marina Im at, leaving it in the water for a week at a time with no cover at all on the boat. Rain and sun on it all summer. I also know another guy who's boat sank while sitting on its trailer at a storage lot. He left the plug in neglected the boat for so long cover ripped and the boat filled with rain water, it was a nice boat before he let it get trashed. I could never treat my things like that.

New Guy
02-02-2015, 03:02 PM
By us I see a mid-late 2000 Air Nautique 220? That sits in a Wisconsin winter uncovered. It makes me want to cry. I thought about buying it cleaning it up and flipping it to someone who would take care of it.

viking
02-02-2015, 03:17 PM
some people just have more MONEY than Sense!

kaneboats
02-02-2015, 03:23 PM
I would have to try really hard to make my boat look that bad in that short of an amount of time. He must have worked at it to achieve such results.

bergermaister
02-02-2015, 03:27 PM
If I had the space (ie - big heated shop) I'd be tempted to try some flip projects starting with something like that. Something to pass the winter duldrums.

True - some people just don't get it. Saved a late model MC xstar from bouncing off a rocky concrete wall at Billy Chinook a few summers ago. Nice metal flake finish too. Dude pulled up and tied off a few lines with a tube on edge between the boat and wall and two bumpers just floating on the water off his cleats. Waves were smacking it up on the wall and the owner was nowhere to be seen so I hopped in and another passerby joined me and retied everything to protect it but there were already some nasty gouges. Wonder if they even noticed.

moombadaze
02-02-2015, 08:05 PM
trailer and tower parted out would be worth more than the whole package. Sad sad sad

996scott
02-03-2015, 12:24 AM
Wow, I think I will have nightmares tonight after seeing that! I have no words!