PDA

View Full Version : 6" or 8" TOWER SPEAKERS

Gca32
01-31-2015, 09:56 AM
Hello all, I just bought an 05 xlv last fall. It has 2 6" kicker tower speakers now and I am looking to upgrade. I am only wanting to invest $500 or so in the speakers. I have found a set of 8" Rockford Fosegate M282 speakers for $399. I have also found four 6" wetsound pro60's on craigslist with a 1000 watt amp. What is going to give me the best sound quality the 2 8's or the 4 6's? The 6's I have now seem to only give me the high level sounds, there is no mid level or bass. I was thinking the 8's would give me more of that sound. Thanks for the help!!

MLA
01-31-2015, 11:54 AM
What is going to give me the best sound quality

In theory, a larger speaker will always offer better sound quality over a smaller speaker. Now, take that with a grain of salt when you are comparing brand A of one size and brand B of another size, as they all have a distinct sound signature. More of a smaller speaker will have more output, but never play as deep as a larger speaker. This means a broader spectrum and better balanced sound.

2nd, if it is indeed sound quality you seek, pass on the 6.5" HLCD like the pro-60 or any other. If you seek wake range projection, the Pro-60 will certainly get the job done, but at the expense of near field sound quality.

Gca32
02-09-2015, 01:48 PM
Thanks for the help! I was also told to contact Brian with Exile speakers. Anyone reading this thread and has some of the same questions, I highly recomend talking to him. He is very knowledgable and does not try to push the most expensive item on you just to make a sale.

brain_rinse
02-12-2015, 11:09 PM
Brian is the right guy to help you out. I loved my Exile gear.