PDA

View Full Version : Boat Towels?

BrettLee3232
01-30-2015, 02:18 AM
I'm looking at getting matching towels for the boat. Anyone know of any good towels with somewhat matching colors? Preferably Brittany Blue!
-Thanks.

BrettLee3232
01-30-2015, 02:21 AM
Group buy? LOL

moombahighrider
01-30-2015, 08:48 AM
If they had the Moomba logo or something similar on them, I'd be interested. I'm into Brittany blue, black and white options.

kaneboats
01-30-2015, 08:53 AM
Send Stuart (deerfield) a PM. He had some towels made up when he did shirts last year. Might have something. Fantastic guy who will help you out if he can.

slipperyrockTKE300
01-30-2015, 09:42 AM
Buy towels at walmart and save the $$.

More boating you do, the more towels you will loose.

They blow out of the boat real quick and sink even faster

I probably have 2 dozen towels on the bottom of my lake.

Woody929
01-30-2015, 09:56 AM
I need to get my wife to embroider some with the logo. I had looked last summer into her doing this (she really likes it when I sign her up for work). I think I had figured the prices being ~$25 each with the Moomba Logo.

sandm
01-30-2015, 10:14 AM
someone posted a link to an ebay vendor several years ago that sold overrun beach towels for a cheap discount. never knew what you would get until the box showed up. could be fun conversation starters..
found this seller that seems to be doing the same thing...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-of-8-Random-Printed-Beach-Heavyweight-Towels-HUGE-35x70-/400852705259?pt=Bath_Towels_Washcloths&hash=item5d54aedfeb

much cheaper than buying at the store.

fu-man
01-30-2015, 10:33 AM
One of the best things I did was get some of those super absorbant Chamois type towels that swimmers use. They are small and you simply wring them out and they work all day. I got so sick of kids getting in and out of the water and grabbing a towel each time, dropping them on the floor of the boat in a wet pile, then complaining because the towels were wet and cold. We still use regular towels if skiing when its cold, but for hot summer days go with the Chamois.

kaneboats
01-30-2015, 10:46 AM
someone posted a link to an ebay vendor several years ago that sold overrun beach towels for a cheap discount.

That was me. With six kids and their friends, between boat, beach and pool it just was not worth it. So, I bought two lots of those and now we never run out. Some were just "meh" but some were really cool and nice towels.

bergermaister
01-30-2015, 03:51 PM
One of the best things I did was get some of those super absorbant Chamois type towels that swimmers use. They are small and you simply wring them out and they work all day. I got so sick of kids getting in and out of the water and grabbing a towel each time, dropping them on the floor of the boat in a wet pile, then complaining because the towels were wet and cold. We still use regular towels if skiing when its cold, but for hot summer days go with the Chamois.

This is an every summer weekend occurrence and I have found I have to hide a couple dry ones for the end of the day trip back to the launch. I need to look into these. Hmmmmm

mmandley
01-30-2015, 08:26 PM
We buy Costco beach towels each year, you will see them in a lot of pictures in the boat. We cover all the seats with them due to Oso getting in and out of the boat. Plus I don't really care for how the seats feel when they are wet.

I know my brothers in the south have no idea what a wet seat or a wet towel feels like LOL.

Claudia is always griping I have more boat towels then we have bathroom towels. I just tell her its because I go to the lake more in the summer then I shower lol.

996scott
02-01-2015, 12:06 AM
"More boating you do, the more towels you will loose." That's just the opposite for us. The more boating we do the more towels we accumulate. Everyone we bring leaves their towels and we can't ever find out who left them. I haven't had to buy towels in years:)