PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Boat in Havasu or Parker, AZ?

BrettLee3232
01-28-2015, 09:44 PM
Boating season is right around the corner, wanna know if I'm going to run into any Moomba brothers or sisters in the Channel, copper canyon, sandbar or pirate bar?

Haven't been to Parker in years but might try it out this summer.

kaneboats
01-29-2015, 10:33 AM
Well, it's on the bucket list anyway.

sandm
01-29-2015, 11:48 AM
great areas. spent a lot of vacation time in havasu at the nautical inn.

would love to live there :)

Boonejeepin
01-29-2015, 06:18 PM
I have been to Parker and Havasu a few times. I prefer the quieter southern end of the lake.

sandm
01-29-2015, 06:30 PM
can't say I've ever been on the water there, but hands down my favorite golf course to date of the 125 or so I've played is in parker. if you golf and get a chance, play emerald canyon. don't have to be a long hitter, but bring your accuracy game or a couple dozen balls. london bridge in havasu is nice. island golf course is a short pos. to be avoided.

uncle lives in mohave valley and boats up the river and on that lake but his boat of choice is 19ft long, 6" freeboard and has a built 572 with pipes over the transom. think it's a 150ft rooster at wot :) don't get it but to each his own. I think it burns $10 in gas every time he starts it up....

kaneboats
01-29-2015, 08:53 PM
You gotta head down here one of these winters and play my course. It's a Fazio from the early days. Not spectacular but lots of fun and no snow. I'll get you an autographed pic of #17 by ole Tommy.

BrettLee3232
01-30-2015, 12:26 AM
can't say I've ever been on the water there, but hands down my favorite golf course to date of the 125 or so I've played is in parker. if you golf and get a chance, play emerald canyon. don't have to be a long hitter, but bring your accuracy game or a couple dozen balls. london bridge in havasu is nice. island golf course is a short pos. to be avoided.

uncle lives in mohave valley and boats up the river and on that lake but his boat of choice is 19ft long, 6" freeboard and has a built 572 with pipes over the transom. think it's a 150ft rooster at wot :) don't get it but to each his own. I think it burns $10 in gas every time he starts it up....

I've heard from 4 people the same damn thing of emerald canyon. Can't wait to golf her up.

sandm
01-30-2015, 10:01 AM
You gotta head down here one of these winters and play my course. It's a Fazio from the early days. Not spectacular but lots of fun and no snow. I'll get you an autographed pic of #17 by ole Tommy.

florida is on the bucket list. cheap to get to tampa from here in gb and drive the rest but the other half doesn't have a ton of vacation is the issue. I have 5 weeks, she has 2... stupid companies that won't let employees take unpaid time off :(

kaneboats
01-30-2015, 10:09 AM
Yea, but does that half play golf anyway?

slipperyrockTKE300
01-30-2015, 10:12 AM
there are courses here in Clermont that will make you wonder how all of a sudden you got so damn good

Badfoot
01-30-2015, 03:03 PM
Was is Naples, Fla last week. Played TPC Treviso Bay and Old Corkscrew. Lot of wind, strong 2 club wind!
Beautiful courses though.

Badfoot
01-30-2015, 03:07 PM
Was is Naples, Fla last week. Played TPC Treviso Bay and Old Corkscrew. Lot of wind, strong 2 club wind!
Beautiful courses though.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention. Best cart girl I've ever seen at Corkscrew and I've seen a few.

slipperyrockTKE300
01-31-2015, 09:11 AM
I do not play golf, but I find the rules very interesting.

What other sport encourages mass consumption of booze while participating....as long as you wear a shirt with a collar.

sandm
01-31-2015, 09:35 AM
nope, she doesn't play.
steadfast rule, unless playing a scramble, I don't drink a drop until the 19th hole. game goes to poop...

kaneboats
02-01-2015, 12:14 AM
Well, depends on when you tee off and who you are playing with. To each her own.