PDA

View Full Version : new interior

togan9
01-25-2015, 06:15 PM
so it looks like ill be getting my interior done in the next few weeks, a local shop will be doing the work. i was wondering if there was anything i should do differently (looks wise) that would be better than how it came from the factory that wont break the bank.

thanks, logan

rdlangston13
01-26-2015, 11:26 AM
so it looks like ill be getting my interior done in the next few weeks, a local shop will be doing the work. i was wondering if there was anything i should do differently (looks wise) that would be better than how it came from the factory that wont break the bank.

thanks, logan

How much is your local shop doing it for? Mine quoted me 7 grand!!! I think they just didn't want to do it and tried to scare me off or something. I am ending up ordering replacement skins from SC and its going to cost me about 3k to do all the seat bases. My seat backs are still in good shape.

togan9
01-26-2015, 11:30 AM
its a shop that a guy opened who retired from doing gulfstream jet interiors. he does amazing work and its going to be around 2k. im thinking its a better price than if i would have brought it to him during the summer when he is slammed doing boats

kaneboats
01-26-2015, 11:32 AM
Wow. That's fantastic.

togan9
01-26-2015, 11:36 AM
its the ''go to'' shop around my area

taking the boat to him today so he can start measuring

parrothd
01-26-2015, 11:55 AM
Probably 2k over the phone, but once he sees it closer to 5-7k, if you're not keeping it you could always use cheaper vinyl and not redo the foam..

togan9
01-26-2015, 01:01 PM
Probably 2k over the phone, but once he sees it closer to 5-7k, if you're not keeping it you could always use cheaper vinyl and not redo the foam..

no i had the boat in person for him to see but he has to measure today because i had to run the other day. he has done other work for me before too on another boat

rdlangston13
01-26-2015, 01:42 PM
Jealous, wish we had a "got to" guy im my area that was reasonable. 7k was about double what other people on here have said that they spent on their interior

wolff supra21v
01-26-2015, 06:21 PM
I am trying to get my boat out of storage and back into the work shop My local guy price me at $3500.00. hoping to get it started next weekend. I am pulling all the parts from the boat and he is coving them and sending them back.

I talked to my supra dealer and they do not make my skins no more.

zabooda
01-26-2015, 06:26 PM
I sent my seat parts to the upholster when they went bad so I basically have every seat changed out over the years. I would pull the bad seats out when I winterized, got them redone over the winter and then reinstall when I pull the boat out. I don't think I paid over $300 in any year. Someday I will need to get the floor redone but I may do that myself.

togan9
01-27-2015, 08:07 PM
what color should i go with?

white
bone
off white

what color is it from the factory?

viking
01-27-2015, 11:53 PM
ha,
rdlangston, you could ship your boat out, get interior done, and shipped back for less than $7K :)

rdlangston13
01-28-2015, 12:06 PM
ha,
rdlangston, you could ship your boat out, get interior done, and shipped back for less than $7K :)

No doubt. I thought about doing the viper customs thing but it would be a lot of work removing all the old skins to send them in. And I would be paranoid that the new ones would not fit right

Sent from my iPhone

bergermaister
01-28-2015, 03:10 PM
Very valid paranoia.

I did mine piecewise and when I got them back in, sure enough, things didn't fit right here and there or the new patterns didn't line up quite right cushion to cushion. Added another 2 week delay to redo some before it was good to go.

togan9
01-28-2015, 06:54 PM
its nice that the shop is only five minutes from my house!

trayson
01-29-2015, 12:57 PM
Jealous, wish we had a "got to" guy im my area that was reasonable. 7k was about double what other people on here have said that they spent on their interior

I would think that as you live in the 4th biggest city in the USA, that there would be LOTS of options for you David. Also, I'd think there would be some "Nesicitas hablas Espanol" options that would save you some money... Just sayin'.

what color should i go with?

white
bone
off white

what color is it from the factory?

White or light gray. No idea what the factory did. But might as well make it pop.

parrothd
01-29-2015, 01:26 PM
Just a word of caution..

I had my local small Spanish shop do several items for me. Yes they were cheaper, but after one season I was redoing the same seat again. Cheaper vinyl and thread, the vinyl cracked and flaked, and the stitching wasn't all that great, I doubt they double stitched it..

Most people don't use their boats as much as I do,100+ hours so you could probably get a few season out of it..

You get what you pay for.. :o

parrothd
01-29-2015, 01:44 PM
When I was researching I got a lot of: I can do it cheap, but they had little of pics or references, the guys that had really great pics of past work were really expensive. One guy really stood out I asked how much and he started drilling me on how I store my boat, Outside/inside, what kind of cover, tarps, plastic wrap, hours, usage,etc,etc. He was really busy even off season and expensive...lol.. :)

togan9
01-29-2015, 08:20 PM
Just a word of caution..

I had my local small Spanish shop do several items for me. Yes they were cheaper, but after one season I was redoing the same seat again. Cheaper vinyl and thread, the vinyl cracked and flaked, and the stitching wasn't all that great, I doubt they double stitched it..

Most people don't use their boats as much as I do,100+ hours so you could probably get a few season out of it..

You get what you pay for.. :o

The original quote was with only doing 2 colors and not doing the captains chair, I since changed it to look exactly like factory and added the captains chair In and the price Went up to 2600 now, still isn't too bad, I know you get what you pay for but with this guy he knows his stuff, Gulfstream still contracts him to do big jobs sometimes and he also does multi million dollar yachts. I've also looked at the material and read all the specs on it and the thread

parrothd
01-29-2015, 08:28 PM
Sounds good, I'd get the seat foam replaced to, just the bases, shouldn't add to much $$$

parrothd
01-29-2015, 08:35 PM
One more thing, have them install a heated seat pad in the captains chair..;)

$36, use then on my truck and cars..

http://www.amazon.com/Dayincar-2-gear-Switch-Carbon-Cushion/dp/B00NHJOPPW

kaneboats
01-29-2015, 08:56 PM
You guys up in the top left corner have no clue. Down south we need that captain's chair cooled and vented, not heated.

kaneboats
01-29-2015, 09:00 PM
The original quote was with only doing 2 colors and not doing the captains chair, I since changed it to look exactly like factory and added the captains chair In and the price Went up to 2600 now, still isn't too bad, I know you get what you pay for but with this guy he knows his stuff, Gulfstream still contracts him to do big jobs sometimes and he also does multi million dollar yachts. I've also looked at the material and read all the specs on it and the thread

Can you PM me your guy's info. I might want to look him up next offseason. We have relatives within a half hour of there we could go visit and drop the boat off. Less than 5 hrs from here so well worth it for the right guy. Also, please take some detailed pics of what it looks like before you go in and then some nice ones when you get her back. Post 'em up here. Lemme know if you need any help or anything.

togan9
01-30-2015, 06:59 AM
yea we definitely don't need heaters down here lol. yea kane ill get you his info later today and i will post some pics up after it is all done.

trayson
01-30-2015, 12:26 PM
One more thing, have them install a heated seat pad in the captains chair..;)

$36, use then on my truck and cars..

http://www.amazon.com/Dayincar-2-gear-Switch-Carbon-Cushion/dp/B00NHJOPPW

Have you had any issues with the heated seat getting wet?

Also, I assume you just do heated on the base and back, so that when the seat bolster is flipped up, that you lose the benefit of the heated seat base? I've thought about that and don't like the idea of not being heated when the bolster is flipped up (because it's flipped up more often than not).

parrothd
01-30-2015, 12:38 PM
Haven't installed it yet, was thinking about installing one in the seat and back near the glove box. You can cut them to fit, I was thinking about cutting them and installing it in the booster and back.