PDA

View Full Version : Boat Storage Space Rental?

smokedog2
01-21-2015, 10:32 PM
About 14 years ago I bought a 48’x48’ Metal Building on 3.6 acres 2 miles out of town (Hillsboro Ohio). It has been great, storing boats, and miscellaneous junk, but I have a second metal building and I don’t need it.

I’m trying to figure out if it is rentable and at what price. I bought it before the boat or the lake house, so far that was a good plan but I’m done with it and I don’t need it for business any more either.

If I rented it, what do all of you pay for indoor storage? Half this would hold a boat and an RV and whatever junk went with both. Both halves would have their own door. It has electric if you want to pay for it. It is fully insulated with a seven year old roof.

Anyone want to share what they pay now to keep their gear?

I called an old Duck hunting friend I don’t see much anymore for an idea, he just wants to buy the building :). He is taking me out duck hunting this Saturday so, he is off to a good start.

rdlangston13
01-22-2015, 09:15 AM
About 14 years ago I bought a 48’x48’ Metal Building on 3.6 acres 2 miles out of town (Hillsboro Ohio). It has been great, storing boats, and miscellaneous junk, but I have a second metal building and I don’t need it.

I’m trying to figure out if it is rentable and at what price. I bought it before the boat or the lake house, so far that was a good plan but I’m done with it and I don’t need it for business any more either.

If I rented it, what do all of you pay for indoor storage? Half this would hold a boat and an RV and whatever junk went with both. Both halves would have their own door. It has electric if you want to pay for it. It is fully insulated with a seven year old roof.

Anyone want to share what they pay now to keep their gear?

I called an old Duck hunting friend I don’t see much anymore for an idea, he just wants to buy the building :). He is taking me out duck hunting this Saturday so, he is off to a good start.

I would think a 24'x48' unit that is insulated would go for $200-$300 a month at least.

jester
01-22-2015, 11:27 AM
I know this is not your area but were I live a 12'X30' with a 10'X12' door goes for $211 a month.

wolff supra21v
01-22-2015, 11:58 AM
I am in IL and out in the county not to many big towns around.

our ski club has a shed, we rent two space out a year with a 12'x8' garage door roughly (16'x30') and you have to buy a year member ship with the club at $120 and the space rent is $40 a month. So it comes out at $50 a month and the only power is two light in each bay. (this is rock floor no insulation) It is always tough getting someone in there but it seems as soon as it is rented, we have 5 other people wanting to rent a space.
I would say your double the space on each side and It sound a little nicer, so I would say around me I would expect around $100 a side.

kaneboats
01-22-2015, 12:42 PM
You might think about having a written agreement that says you are not liable for any damage but they are liable for any damage to the unit. You can go to a storage facility nearby and tell them you are thinking about renting a unit but you want to read over the agreement first and get a copy from them.

Whitey
01-22-2015, 12:51 PM
$200 a month in DFW for dry storage 12x35 12 foot door with garage door opener and power.

slipperyrockTKE300
01-22-2015, 01:09 PM
Smokedog??????

THE smokedog - as in Jeff M?

Good to hear from you. I was thinking about you when I went up to Cinci for the Steelers/Bengals game in December. Also went to visit a cousin who lives about a mile from Yellow Springs.

I looked into storage last summer. Around here (central Florida) you can have your boat stored on racks in a huge building. The owners put your boat in and out of the water for you with a giant forklift. Cost is $100/month

millerda68
01-22-2015, 01:37 PM
Outdoor covered space runs about $100 per month.

Indoor storage (heated) with no access (you drop boat off, they store, you call ahead and they tell you when they can have it ready for you) runs about $200-250 per month.

Indoor storage similar to what you have listed 16x40 is $450 per month.

smokedog2
01-22-2015, 10:06 PM
Hey Ed,

Yea I'm still here.I was guessing $200 a side but I already have a duck hunter interested in it. I'll sell it if I can.

Lots going on, I don't get to post much anymore. I have a friend who got their boat dropped at one of those stack places. Not for me.

SD2

bergermaister
01-23-2015, 02:24 AM
I know this is not your area but were I live a 12'X30' with a 10'X12' door goes for $211 a month.

$300+ in our neck of the woods. I want to open a storage lot...