PDA

View Full Version : milwaukee boat show and skiers choice

sandm
01-21-2015, 04:41 PM
went to the milwaukee boat show last weekend and got to spend quite a bit of time with Matt Brown from Moomba. talk about a great guy... really enjoyed hearing him talk about the tech in the new boats. granted he's a moomba guy, but did spend most of my time with him crawling around the SE and SC they had there. admittedly, my first real feel for the new boats and spent a good half hour talking the tech with him. he did his best to push me out of my current boat and into a new supra. hoping the dealer has a demo/surf day in the spring as I'd like to spend some time behind the SC. SE/SG is too big for garage and SA(at his own advice) is not the best surfboat due to freeboard.
amazed at sitting in the new boats and comparing to nautique and tige. liked the supra interiors better than either and seats felt like a higher quality than both. really liked the dash layout and redundancy of switches but did give him a few words on some no-brainers that were missing. overall a very high quality boat many steps up from my old launch20.

thx Matt for the time spent and we'll see if a new supra is in the cards in the next year...

loved the scheme on the side as well. have not seen this graphic yet, but really needs to be in pink and some other color than black :)

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e194/sandm01/20150117_1336571_zpsmjxlqp7p.jpg (http://s39.photobucket.com/user/sandm01/media/20150117_1336571_zpsmjxlqp7p.jpg.html)

rdlangston13
01-21-2015, 06:04 PM
So what were the items missing?

Badfoot
01-21-2015, 07:50 PM
That black metal flake looks great in the photo, I'm sure its even more impressive in person. Nice!

SupraLaunch21V
01-22-2015, 09:41 AM
I like that combo - can't wait to see it in Charlotte. I"m curious to what you thought it lacked as well. Thanks for posting - very cool!

sandm
01-22-2015, 04:20 PM
theres a nice supra logo about knee level below the dash on the right side. useless. why not a dry storage for wallet/keys/etc. there is a rubberized tray below the throttle next to a plug that looks right for a phone storage. lip on front is not tall enough. as we power turn to pick up our downed rider :) and bounce across the rollers, phone would surely fly out. small things like this.

overall, boat was amazing and quality of the materials was on-par or besting any of the "larger" boat brands. based on what I saw, supra is running with if not leading the big dogs on interior quality. proof is in the wake tho and hope to demo this year somewhere.