PDA

View Full Version : Where to stay in Nashville, TN

rdlangston13
12-25-2014, 09:41 AM
Hey everyone, the wife and I are thinking of taking a short trip to Nashville in the next 10 days or so and are wondering where we should stay. We don't want to drop a ton of money, probably try to keep it around $150 a night and being close to all the live music venues is a huge bonus. I know NOTHING about Nashville so if anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

Also, how far is Maryville from Nashville? It would be cool to sneak in a tour!

Jon
12-25-2014, 12:12 PM
Get on Priceline and look at Express deals. You can stay downtown at a 3 or 4 star under $110/ night. Any of these nicer hotels downtown are convenient to Broadway.

SC plant in Maryville is about 2:45 from downtown Nashville.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

patrick232
12-25-2014, 12:29 PM
I try and stay at the holiday inn express downtown. But depending on the dates rates cane be pricy. There is also a Hampton Inn also that other I know stay at. Check out Rippys as it is one of my favorite bars and The Southern for dinner if you like oysters and steak

rdlangston13
12-25-2014, 02:05 PM
Thanks for the responses but I just talked to my wife and I think we are going to try and go a later date now. Being at or near freezing while wondering the streets of Nashville doesn't sound like much fun now that we think about it.

rdlangston13
12-25-2014, 02:15 PM
Thanks for the responses but I just talked to my wife and I think we are going to try and go a later date now. Being at or near freezing while wondering the streets of Nashville doesn't sound like much fun now that we think about it.

BGeorge01
12-25-2014, 05:32 PM
Well when you do come this way any bar/hockey tonk is a good time. There are the holiday inn and Hampton and if you want to get fancy there is the new Omni hotel, but it's expensive lol. Oh and you don't freeze long walking around in the winter, the alcohol will warm you up lol

New Guy
12-26-2014, 10:47 AM
David we have been there twice and it is always a blast. My advice on a hotel is stay as close as you can to the main drag. We have stayed a couple blocks away and we have also stayed at the Hilton by the Bridgestone. It was so nice to just be able to pop into the hotel to drop things off change clothes etc. Well worth the extra $30 a day.

Tootsies is always a great time and it has been a staple for years and "The Stage" always has a great line up. Don't stress over seeing the bluebird, it is a tax ride to and from and there is not much around it.

If you are taking your own vehicle I would highly recommend the Jack Daniels tour. It is a really cool place that is set in the foothills.

rdlangston13
12-26-2014, 05:03 PM
David we have been there twice and it is always a blast. My advice on a hotel is stay as close as you can to the main drag. We have stayed a couple blocks away and we have also stayed at the Hilton by the Bridgestone. It was so nice to just be able to pop into the hotel to drop things off change clothes etc. Well worth the extra $30 a day.

Tootsies is always a great time and it has been a staple for years and "The Stage" always has a great line up. Don't stress over seeing the bluebird, it is a tax ride to and from and there is not much around it.

If you are taking your own vehicle I would highly recommend the Jack Daniels tour. It is a really cool place that is set in the foothills.

Thanks for all the pointers and we would def want to stay close to the main drag, I just have no idea where the main drag is what it is called so i am a little lost looking at hotels. Lynchburg would def be on my list of things to see as well.

lee
12-26-2014, 05:56 PM
The streets with the most "stuff" are Broadway and 2nd Ave North.

BGeorge01
12-26-2014, 10:15 PM
I live about 20 min outside of Nashville. Here is what you're looking for, the red lines are 2nd and Broadway. Going north/south is 2nd and east/west is Broadway.

http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b508/bgeorgeusaf/CFE26985-4256-404F-AB54-E170ACA6C1CB_zpsr4qcsoar.jpg (http://s1289.photobucket.com/user/bgeorgeusaf/media/CFE26985-4256-404F-AB54-E170ACA6C1CB_zpsr4qcsoar.jpg.html)

The bars on the Ryman Auditorium side (middle left of map) are the more historic. Those are the ones that back in the day Hank Sr, Johnny Cash, Merle Haggard and people like that used to go to in between their shows at the Ryman. They would walk out the back at the Ryman and into the back of these bars, it's pretty awesome. So ya tootsies is a big one, the stage, legends corner is another. There are plenty of good ones though. If the line is too long or your just not diggin the music just go to another bar. I personally don't think you can go wrong as long as you stay over near the Ryman, either side of the street. Also the Wildhorse Saloon, a lot of people from out of town like to pop their head in there. They are a restaurant/bar, 3 floors, huge stage, line dance instructors, huge dance floor, live music. Is not as "honky tonk" but still a good time and should be seen. It's on 2nd about 1/2 way up from Broadway. There is a new restaraunt/ live music at the corner of 1st/Broadway called Acme Feed. 1/2 owned by Alan Jackson and has a awesome view on the 3rd floor of downtown and the river right I front of it. It used to be a old feed store way back in the day. When they remodeled it (within the last year) they found to a of hay in the ceilings, when it was a feed shop the hay is what they used as insulation. A lot of history in that place as well.

If you have any other question just ask, I'll help you out any way I can. Also if I can think of anything else I'll add it.