PDA

View Full Version : Christmas/Holiday plans- anybody doing anything cool or fun?

kaneboats
12-17-2014, 04:30 PM
One more half day of work and off for the rest of the year. Going to play a little cool weather golf and finish some projects around here. No real travel or anything big planned though-- just relaxing and getting festive.

moombadaze
12-17-2014, 04:50 PM
you are more than welcome to come down and help bust up a bathroom tile floor and retile that floor if ya get bored, I have beer and access to a boat that can create a nice surfwave when the floor is done.

zabooda
12-17-2014, 06:23 PM
Plan to do some riding on my new toy.

deerfield
12-17-2014, 11:43 PM
This will be first Christmas since relocating to Virginia (from Illinois). Our youngest son arrived here Sunday, on break from college. Two older sons will arrive Tuesday. All three boys will be here for five days. House is decorated. Tree is up, waiting for the boys to decorate. Pictured are my wife and her sorority sister. Merry Christmas!

slipperyrockTKE300
12-18-2014, 06:28 AM
Already completed my Christmas traveling - went to Cincinnati for the Steelers/Bengals game...a present from my sister.

Will be taking two weeks off from work and haunting the Clermont chain of lakes by boat and kayak.

Hopefully get into the woods for some camping and running around naked.

Stuart - which sorority was your wife a member? (mine was a KD).

kaneboats
12-18-2014, 10:28 AM
you are more than welcome to come down and help bust up a bathroom tile floor and retile that floor if ya get bored, I have beer and access to a boat that can create a nice surfwave when the floor is done.

Might have to do that. May run down and see my dad at some point and maybe go fishing on my cousin's big ole boat out of Bradenton.

viking
12-18-2014, 12:25 PM
You guys and your vacations............I'll be working my ass off. Taking the day before and the day after Christmas. Otherwise it's long hours when the days are cold and short so I can play hard in the summer when the days are warm/long and kids are out of school.

KG's Supra24
12-18-2014, 12:48 PM
Gone to warmer weather ...

trayson
12-18-2014, 02:07 PM
I am taking Vacation Dec 25 to Jan 4th. My son will be in town so we'll do a late Christmas with him. NYE a friend is getting married in the afternoon, then we'll head up to another friend's 4000 sq ft mountain "cabin" up on Mt Hood and ring in the New year shredding the snow.

https://d33zkqzv7i9ae0.cloudfront.net/images/960/37606.jpg

https://d33zkqzv7i9ae0.cloudfront.net/images/960/37618.jpg

sandm
12-18-2014, 03:17 PM
quiet xmas for us. no family in gb and first year for the other half with her mom passed. have a few days off to enjoy the holidays.

trayson
12-18-2014, 03:31 PM
quiet xmas for us. no family in gb and first year for the other half with her mom passed. have a few days off to enjoy the holidays.

This will be the first year with my Mom and her husband moved to TX. Likewise, both my wife's parents have passed. So we've only got my sister in town and they decided to mix it up on our Christmas Eve tradition of dinner at a historic downtown Portland restaurant.

It was kinda cool that we had reservations for four, and I posted up on FB and have two different friends that have East Coast families that are actually going to join us. We're really stoked to have "friends as family" with us for Christmas Eve dinner.

bergermaister
12-18-2014, 04:58 PM
34th year(?) for Christmas Eve breakfast followed by all day long grazing and a candle light church service in the evening at my parents an hour north.

Christmas Day at home with a gift giving frenzy that will probably kick off well before daylight if my son has his way. In the afternoon most relatives within an hour radius will converge on our house for the annual winter brew fest and prime rib dinner.

Friday most likely a few of my inlaws (and their crap) will be spread all over the house since they wouldn't leave the night before. So to get out of there I'll show up late to work, stare blankly into space for a few hours, take a long lunch, call it a day and leave early.

deerfield
12-18-2014, 05:46 PM
Beautiful place!

I am taking Vacation Dec 25 to Jan 4th. My son will be in town so we'll do a late Christmas with him. NYE a friend is getting married in the afternoon, then we'll head up to another friend's 4000 sq ft mountain "cabin" up on Mt Hood and ring in the New year shredding the snow.

https://d33zkqzv7i9ae0.cloudfront.net/images/960/37606.jpg

https://d33zkqzv7i9ae0.cloudfront.net/images/960/37618.jpg

deerfield
12-18-2014, 05:48 PM
She is an Alpha Delta Pi. Created friendships in college that have lasted a lifetime.

Already completed my Christmas traveling - went to Cincinnati for the Steelers/Bengals game...a present from my sister.

Will be taking two weeks off from work and haunting the Clermont chain of lakes by boat and kayak.

Hopefully get into the woods for some camping and running around naked.

Stuart - which sorority was your wife a member? (mine was a KD).

kaneboats
12-19-2014, 10:26 AM
Gone to warmer weather ...

Good for you. Be sure to spend lots of money in FL! :cool:

kaneboats
12-19-2014, 10:31 AM
gift giving frenzy that will probably kick off well before daylight if my son has his way.
. . . annual winter brew fest and prime rib dinner.

I hate the pre-dawn opening so I made a 7 am rule. Quiet till 7 am. Get some juice and sit there.

As for the brew fest. Sounds like a great way to celebrate. Might have to adopt that tradition myself. Mrs. Kane likes the Bailey's and coffee.

Jason05216
12-19-2014, 01:51 PM
I hate the pre-dawn opening so I made a 7 am rule. Quiet till 7 am. Get some juice and sit there.

As for the brew fest. Sounds like a great way to celebrate. Might have to adopt that tradition myself. Mrs. Kane likes the Bailey's and coffee.

When I was a kid I was always up before daylight and my folks would make my sister and I go back to bed. My son is 10 this year and I think we have had to get him up every year.

rdlangston13
12-19-2014, 02:28 PM
I did some Holiday traveling to New Orleans and from there caught a chopper to spend Christmas at my home away from home...The Bob Douglas! I get home on Dec 30, plan on doing something epic for new years, then it's off to Canton, TX the weekend after new years so Heidi can find some good Christmas Decor on sale. From there it's back to New Orleans for couple days for work meetings. Super fun, I know ya'll are jealous.

On a side note we will spend the first week of March shredding the snow in Keystone Colorado!

bergermaister
12-19-2014, 03:35 PM

I like that rule - may have to follow your lead. My son has always been an early bird and that is especially true at Christmas or any fishing trip. As he gets older not quite so much - I hope anyway!

I figured the baileys and coffee, mimosas and bloody marys for breakfast were pretty much standard across the board!

garl.wilson
12-19-2014, 04:38 PM
Well for once I will actually be home for Christmas, so I took leave and after tomorrow I will not go back to work until the night of the 1st! As for the lady and I we plan on having a big pig pickin' here in NC and drinking adult beverages with the family and friends....who knows....with the way the weather has been here this year we may get crazy enough to take out a boat and do some cold water cruising!!

bergermaister
12-19-2014, 05:50 PM
Sorta off topic to holiday plans, but I must say "Amazon Prime, Oh How I Love Thee"

I live fairly close, like 15-20min from several large shopping malls, strips, stores, etc. However getting to them can take 3 even 4 times that long at any given time. Today at lunch the freeway was crawling along however the side streets that funnel onto the freeway from my office were gridlock.

I gave up on my shopping adventure and cruised into the local Fred Meyer for some odds and ends. Whip out phone, use their in-store wifi, order everything I was after in the first place (and then some) off Amazon, all arrives by Dec 22 guaranteed. Life is good. :)

rca
12-20-2014, 01:58 PM
I did some Holiday traveling to New Orleans and from there caught a chopper to spend Christmas at my home away from home...The Bob Douglas! I get home on Dec 30, plan on doing something epic for new years, then it's off to Canton, TX the weekend after new years so Heidi can find some good Christmas Decor on sale. From there it's back to New Orleans for couple days for work meetings. Super fun, I know ya'll are jealous.

On a side note we will spend the first week of March shredding the snow in Keystone Colorado!

David I'll be at Cooper that weekend in March with some buddies. I think we are hitting Vail a couple of days and Copper on Sunday. We might make it over to Breck one night though.

rdlangston13
12-20-2014, 02:15 PM
David I'll be at Cooper that weekend in March with some buddies. I think we are hitting Vail a couple of days and Copper on Sunday. We might make it over to Breck one night though.

We will be arriving Saturday Feb 28 and Skiing March 1-4 and leaving on the 5th. If you are around let me know and we can find one of those famous Colorado Micro Brews to enjoy.