PDA

View Full Version : IBS question

aapwayneo2001
12-06-2014, 11:00 AM
Would there be any issues running my factory rear bags up front if they are tied into the factory center ballast without a bypass valve? Meaning when I fill the center bag the "IBS" will also be filled by the old center bag vent and then vented from the factory center bag through hull vent

jstenger
12-06-2014, 11:17 AM
What type of fill pump are you using?

aapwayneo2001
12-06-2014, 11:49 AM
What type of fill pump are you using?

Factory pump for the center ballast

aapwayneo2001
12-06-2014, 12:32 PM
Factory pump for the center ballast

Guess it would help to say it's a 09 Mobius LSV

jstenger
12-06-2014, 01:45 PM
So I am guessing right now you have two factory aerator pumps. One fill and one empty. If that is the case, then you might have a hard time filling the two "piggybacked" bags. Aerator pumps get finicky when they have to push from one bag to another. It is better to make a tree (one inlet and three outlets) and fill all three bags at once. Don't forget, you now have to add drain pumps to the added bags.

If you have a single reversible pump, then you can go ahead with your original plan and fill/empty the two bags off of the center bag vent. You can tee the vents together from the two new bags and vent them out the original thru hull vent. You will no longer need to vent the center bag. Don't forget to add a check valve to the vent to "raison" the three bags.

aapwayneo2001
12-06-2014, 02:17 PM
So I am guessing right now you have two factory aerator pumps. One fill and one empty. If that is the case, then you might have a hard time filling the two "piggybacked" bags. Aerator pumps get finicky when they have to push from one bag to another. It is better to make a tree (one inlet and three outlets) and fill all three bags at once. Don't forget, you now have to add drain pumps to the added bags.

If you have a single reversible pump, then you can go ahead with your original plan and fill/empty the two bags off of the center bag vent. You can tee the vents together from the two new bags and vent them out the original thru hull vent. You will no longer need to vent the center bag. Don't forget to add a check valve to the vent to "raison" the three bags.
Would I add the check valve just at the through hull?

jstenger
12-06-2014, 02:18 PM
Yes. It lets water out and keeps air from coming in.

aapwayneo2001
12-06-2014, 02:30 PM
Yes. It lets water out and keeps air from coming in.

Sounds good thanks probably what I will do is come from the factory center vent into my port side bow bag out of the vent into the starboard bow bag out the vent and into a check valve and then to the factory through hull