PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning Cover

wakeboard dad
05-09-2006, 09:11 AM
Just got my '04 Mobius LSV from storage - just my luck something leaked on the cover. And stained the vinyl on the rear sundeck. I think I've got the vinyl cleaned but how do I clean the cover. Someone suggested taking it to the laundry mat and using one of those huge washing machines, but I would think the plastic clips and ropes would get destroyed. Another suggestion was to use a power washer with hot water.

Any suggestions from the experienced boaters here?

Smrtz
05-09-2006, 09:33 AM
Im actyually in the same situation as you, I think there were some birds that got into the indoor storage area because my cover is a mess. In another thread I think it was Joe that said go to Walmart and you can get a cover to protect your cover. they are about 50.00.. sounds strange but I can see now how that is 50.00 well spent!

zabooda
05-09-2006, 09:44 AM
Lay it flat on the ground and pressure wash it.

LSV04
05-14-2006, 07:21 PM
Take it to the laundry and either pay them 25.00 to do it or do it yourself. Cold water and if its real nasty use clorox bleach FOR COLORS.I REPEAT CLOROX FOR COLORS .Also do not put it in the dryer.I would put it on the boat to dry or hang it over something outside in case it shrinks a bit. If you are having trouble with stains after that let me know because I am in the business and can recommend cleaners to get stains out. I left mine near a bar-b-q and someone spilled coke and who knows what on it and mine came out great like this and you could tear it with a pressure washer or weaken it over time and these covers are not cheap.

wakeboard dad
05-15-2006, 05:53 PM
Thanks for the info. LSV04 - any recommendation for getting stains out of the vinyl. Something stained the rear sundeck and the top of the back seat. I've used Ultimate vinyl and another product called RAM and I got a good portion of it out but there is still some stains there.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks. If it ever stops raining here in Michigan I'll get me boat in the water!

JoeTechie
05-15-2006, 08:03 PM
Best stuff in the world for this:

Marine Spray Nine.

Available here. (http://www.boatersworld.com/product/178060117msk.htm)

Works wonders!

-Joe

bluexlv
05-18-2006, 07:29 PM
i use greased lightning and a pressure washer on a low setting
works well but be careful not to rip vinyl with the pressure washer

LSV04
05-20-2006, 08:23 AM
I agree with joe techie-that stuff works well-for real nasty stains like mildew-I mix a little clorox-vinegar and water and scrub with a soft cloth then rinse with a spray bottle-If you have like a dye stain such as gatarade it can be real difficult to get out of any fabric. Keep a spray bottle in the boat with a mild cleaner and get these stains right away-after they set its harder to get them out. What kind of stain is on youe seat.?