PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Moomba Mobius

Fubar
05-22-2003, 11:54 AM
I've noticed recently that the hull is getting small bumps on it. Almost like the paint is peeling but it is not. I'm not too worried as the hull has a life time warranty, but what could be causing this?

The boat is kept in covered wet dock for summer months, then garaged for the winter.

jburnside
05-22-2003, 03:43 PM
Fubar,
I read in the owners manual for my '03 Outback LS that if the boat stays in the water for extended periods of time that the bottom of the boat must be painted with an anti-fouling (hull)paint. I think it said that the gel coat could blister? Check with your local dealer.

Bigairdad
06-04-2003, 11:33 PM
I want to leave my 03 Mobius covered and wet docked for the summer also. I asked Dealer and they are supposed to get back to me regarding what is an extended period of time. Manual does not specify. I did however notice the same type of bumps apearing on my yamaha waverunner last year after wet docking all summer. Hull was brushed every two weeks. I am going to haul the Mobius out every two weeks for cleaning until I have an answer from Moomba.