PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Outback surf/wakeboard?

Wax
12-01-2014, 10:07 AM
What can anybody say good about surfing and wakeboarding behind an Outback?

I've made ski boats surf and wakeboard pretty decent before, but never tried an Outback.

kaneboats
12-01-2014, 12:35 PM
Give this thread a shot:

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?17837-Direct-Drive-and-Wakesurfing&highlight=surf+outback

slipperyrockTKE300
12-01-2014, 01:07 PM
That's what I had when I started wakesurfing.

can't say anything about wakeboarding, but the surf wake on a 2003 Outback ain't too bad.

Expect to have ballast bags all over the place, can be a pain in the butt stepping over the one in the rear to get to the swim platform.

I used a 650 on the side and an 800 across the back...plus a full large cooler in the corner

Wax
12-01-2014, 02:33 PM
Interesting, I was looking for a thread like that, thanks kane. Looks like a decent wave can be made, albeit probably nothing like the LSV.

I had a 2000 Supra Launch DD for 7 years, and I couldn't get a great wave but enough to surf. Had bags everywhere lol. That hull is quite a bit deeper than the outback I believe though.

What about wakeboarding?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

slipperyrockTKE300
12-01-2014, 03:26 PM
definitely nothing like the LSV

kinda funny - few people replying to that thread have either surfed behind my 2003 or bought the ballast set-up that was used in it. :)

Wax
12-01-2014, 09:59 PM
Well I just finished my divorce and have been contemplating selling the lsv to get rid of my payment for a while to recover and settle my finances, and I have enough friends with boats that it's not like I won't ride. But, I have a guy who might even be on here offering a pretty fair trade deal including his 03 Outback, and it's intriguing to have a boat for that cheap lol. Plus my neighbor has a v drive Malibu that surfs decent and has a great wakeboard wake, and we both want to ski more anyway, so this deal really intrigues me and I think I'm gonna do it but I'm just scared of giving up my lsv lol, I love it but do I love it for so many thousands more?!? Not sure... but probably not!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk