PDA

View Full Version : Wake-plate issues 2013 LSV

kriley
11-28-2014, 05:21 PM
Has anyone had their wake-plate issues fixed on the 2013 LSV's?? Who has given up on getting this fixed?? I am getting very very frustrated due to the lack of information on the fix for this issue...

mmandley
11-28-2014, 09:29 PM
Has anyone had their wake-plate issues fixed on the 2013 LSV's?? Who has given up on getting this fixed?? I am getting very very frustrated due to the lack of information on the fix for this issue...

Same issue on my Mojo, recently at the end of the season they replaced my entire Dash computer. I was having cruise control issues but they also said the plate is connected through this.

Wont be able to test it till April though.

kriley
11-28-2014, 10:35 PM
I had mine replaced, didn't fix the issue! Another member on the forum had theirs replaced and same as mine, didn't fix the issue..

mmandley
11-28-2014, 11:12 PM
So fare everything has been replaced but the actual switch on the steering column.

13mobiusLSV
11-29-2014, 01:26 AM
you can throw me in the hat of those who are still fighting this very issue.

3 PDM's
1 Digital Cruise
1 wakeplate gauge
various other "MacGyver" fixes if you will.
(this doesn't count my trailer, windshield, and rack issues I've faced)

My dealer (who has been fantastic throughout this process) was kind enough to take my boat from Indiana to the manufacturer mid October to let SC try their hand at this frustrating problem. Last I heard (about 3 weeks ago) they were still trying to figure it out after multiple attempts and solutions (most of which my dealer had already done at their recommendation). I'm going to assume no news is bad news, and really starting to question my move to SC at this point in time. "No worries" is something I've yet to experience as a Moomba owner.

uniwarking
12-01-2014, 08:40 AM
Digital cruise was just changed out on my Mojo during winterization, I'll have to see if it's fixed the issue this spring. The PDM change didn't work for me either.

I've had a few issues myself and it certainly can be frustrating, I will say that Moomba and my dealer have been pretty good about trying to remedy things though. My previous boat was a "POS" 2007 Bayliner and had absolutely zero issues in the 5 years I owned it... although it wasn't nearly as equipped or advanced. I expected a similar experience with my Moomba... but I will say that I know both a Malibu and Natique owner and they've had a few issues as well and their boats were likely 1.5x ~ 2x what I paid.

My biggest gripe to data is the swim platform mounting brackets, which I hope to have changed out to the new style this Spring. Of course, I've got some skin in the game ($$$) on this one and I've had to work with a different dealer to get it done which I'm not happy about (my dealer doesn't do fiberglass work).

mmandley
12-02-2014, 12:24 PM
Although I have had my Mojo in the shop more in the 2 seasons I've owned it over the 4 seasons with my LSV. I'm not complaining. I much rather deal with Moomba then Ford dealers. To date they still don't know why my fuel gauge goes to empty when I load or unload the boat. The only way I can avoid this is by unplugging the trailer when loading and unloading. This is a pain to me.

If I forget this procedure the fuel gauge goes to Empty. Then everything on my dash associated to fuel reads --- until I fix it. Only way I know how to fix our is unload the boat and reload it again. Ridiculous the dealer can't figure it out.

Either trailer harness from the truck, our the gyro sensor on the 4x4 system but Ford won't replace anything at this point.

tater
12-02-2014, 09:46 PM
you can throw me in the hat of those who are still fighting this very issue.

3 PDM's
1 Digital Cruise
1 wakeplate gauge
various other "MacGyver" fixes if you will.
(this doesn't count my trailer, windshield, and rack issues I've faced)

My dealer (who has been fantastic throughout this process) was kind enough to take my boat from Indiana to the manufacturer mid October to let SC try their hand at this frustrating problem. Last I heard (about 3 weeks ago) they were still trying to figure it out after multiple attempts and solutions (most of which my dealer had already done at their recommendation). I'm going to assume no news is bad news, and really starting to question my move to SC at this point in time. "No worries" is something I've yet to experience as a Moomba owner.

Wow Nick still fighting this ? I gave up after the PDM changes,mine isnt as bad as yours but we just got used to it adjusting itself whenever the hell it wants to lol,the guage is correct most of the time i think, but surfing or cruising speed it will move all the up or down, we move it back,it will stay for awhile and then move again.we just live with it. Good Luck.

MLA
12-02-2014, 10:44 PM
Although I have had my Mojo in the shop more in the 2 seasons I've owned it over the 4 seasons with my LSV. I'm not complaining. I much rather deal with Moomba then Ford dealers. To date they still don't know why my fuel gauge goes to empty when I load or unload the boat. The only way I can avoid this is by unplugging the trailer when loading and unloading. This is a pain to me.

If I forget this procedure the fuel gauge goes to Empty. Then everything on my dash associated to fuel reads --- until I fix it. Only way I know how to fix our is unload the boat and reload it again. Ridiculous the dealer can't figure it out.

Either trailer harness from the truck, our the gyro sensor on the 4x4 system but Ford won't replace anything at this point.

Is this the same truck and trailer you had trailer lighting issue with awhile back? If so, are you letting the ford dealer work on the truck with the trailer hooked up? If the trailer is in any way part of the problem, they will never find it with just the truck and no trailer.

moombadaze
12-04-2014, 09:23 AM
you guys with the tab issue's, is it when loaded down with water ballast, or is it all the time ? Mike, offer to take a tech with you to a ramp and have them monitor all the systems with there computer (we use laptops) and get a recording of what is going on as you load and unload the boat. they should be able get some info and get it figured out that way.

13mobiusLSV
12-04-2014, 11:52 AM
you guys with the tab issue's, is it when loaded down with water ballast, or is it all the time ? Mike, offer to take a tech with you to a ramp and have them monitor all the systems with there computer (we use laptops) and get a recording of what is going on as you load and unload the boat. they should be able get some info and get it figured out that way.

I can't speak for other guys but as soon as the batteries are turned on the WP Gauge can move in seconds, minutes, etc. sometimes quicker, sometimes longer. The WP was the same way but the replacement digital cruise seemed to remedy erratic WP movement. And both gauge and WP would move under any boating conditions. Without a watchful eye you now are unaware of the true WP position (gauge likes to go full down when plate up, and vice versa) Not unusual to see it happen a few times before even getting out of the idle zone

tater
12-04-2014, 12:46 PM
I can't speak for other guys but as soon as the batteries are turned on the WP Gauge can move in seconds, minutes, etc. sometimes quicker, sometimes longer. The WP was the same way but the replacement digital cruise seemed to remedy erratic WP movement. And both gauge and WP would move under any boating conditions. Without a watchful eye you now are unaware of the true WP position (gauge likes to go full down when plate up, and vice versa) Not unusual to see it happen a few times before even getting out of the idle zone

DITTO... See you at the boat show?

kriley
12-04-2014, 01:34 PM
Ditto x3... I know the plate is moving - the wave totally washes out...

13mobiusLSV
12-04-2014, 01:41 PM
DITTO... See you at the boat show?

Yes sir, told Ron today I would help him set up again if he needed the help.

mmandley
12-04-2014, 03:06 PM
Is this the same truck and trailer you had trailer lighting issue with awhile back? If so, are you letting the ford dealer work on the truck with the trailer hooked up? If the trailer is in any way part of the problem, they will never find it with just the truck and no trailer.

No that was the F350, I haven't messed with the Lights since then. Kinda got pushed to the back of my upgrade list. Was thinking I might work on that again this winter. I now one of the big issues was all the trailer lights are LED except the license plate. I want to get an LED upgrade for that and try again.

Moombadaze, Thats a good idea taking the trailer to them. I have told them I can bring it but they don't really have the space.

The thing is I can make the gauge act up by lifting the rear of the truck and put it on jack stands. Then remove the rear tires and down the axle all the way to the ground. That's how I originally found the issue. Dealer for what ever reason is stuck on it being my trailer. I told them I never had an issue on the 350.

I think I will just tow the trailer to them and unhook it in front of them so they can see the problem. I know its something to do when the rear end squats.