PDA

View Full Version : Measurement detail ?

smokedog2
05-09-2006, 09:10 AM
My boat is at the lake and I would like to know the width of the swim platform bracket at the point it contacts the swim platform. It is about 2" but I would like the exact dimension.

Yes, I have a project.

tx

SD2

Nafplio
05-09-2006, 11:50 AM
The top of the bracket that's bolted to the transom is 2.5 inches. Hope this helps. My swim platform is at the shop getting fixed because I managed to drop it. Does your project have to do with FAE?

smokedog2
05-09-2006, 08:31 PM
Yep, I'm working on a different attachment method. I want a failure mode in the swim platform if the unit takes a hit rather than the platform-boat attach point. I think my method will require less hardware and remove some of the forward rotational torque (side to side axis) on the mounting bar.

The FAE is on solid and works just fine but the engineer in me wants to tinker. I will have some time Sat to do that.

I have the dealer lined up to fix the chip in the gel coat next week as well.

I want to show him the FAE with my modifications. I don't think he has seen one before.

SD2

05-10-2006, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by smokedog2
I want to show him the FAE with my modifications. I don't think he has seen one before.
SD2

Forwarded my dealer here in ATL the link to the FAE website.
Will follow up with him tomorrow. Pricey, but the lower CO2 and lower engine noise would be worth it.