PDA

View Full Version : New Member, New '05 Mobius

futuredeadguy
05-08-2006, 11:57 PM
Hello All:

I've been watching the board for a few months, but wanted to actually take possession of my boat before posting - was scared I might jinx the deal. Put a deposit on one of the last '05 Mobius LSVs back in January at the Nashville Boat Show. Finalized the deal and brought her home this past weekend. Haven't put her in the water yet, but I'm already in love.

I pretty much grew up behind a Nautique in the 70s & 80s. I started out looking at Correct Craft, then common $ense set in and I bought the Moomba.

Will be spending most of my water time on Percy Priest Lake - Nashville, but will be traveling, too. Looking forward to meeting fellow Moomba owners, and skiers in general this summer.

DEAD
(Jim Leutgens - Nashville)

sailnfast
05-09-2006, 01:06 AM
Congrats FDG! I just put my '04 LSV in the water this past weekend. Didn't have time to go for a tow--next weekend!

sailnfast
05-09-2006, 01:10 AM
Congrats FDG! I just put my '04 LSV in the water this past weekend. Didn't have time to go for a tow--next weekend!

Jman
05-09-2006, 11:31 AM
Hey FDG,

I'm not far away down I40E to Knoxville. I have an 00 Mobius DD and love it. I usually go to Lake Tellico. It is a gorgeous lake.

Jman

05-10-2006, 06:26 PM
Thanks for the welcome!

I AM interested in learning some new lakes. Percy Priest is pretty good, but is loaded with rocks - they're literally everywhere. It has some awesome campgrounds on it, though - and it's only 15 minutes from my house.

Looking forward to three upcoming long camping weekings with the kids. We've been going there for years, but this year we'll have something besides the canoe to break up those boring moments.

Can't wait!

DEAD

futuredeadguy
05-14-2006, 07:37 PM
Thanks for the welcome, guys.

Yep, I've heard Tellico is nice from several of my friends. I've only been in TN for about 6 years - am still learning the spots.

One bad thing about Priest is the rocks - they are literally everywhere. My '05 was a demo and has 14 hours on it, but they managed to keep the hull absolutely perfect - I plan to keep it that way. First purchase will be a depth sounder.

Priest has its good points, though. It has fantastic campgrounds with huge trees and great facilities. Excellent ramps. Already reserved two camping weekends and also one full week in anticipation of getting the boat. First trip is in about two weeks. If any of you guys like to camp, I highly recommend it. Go to www.reserveusa.com and find 'Seven Points' campground near Nashville. That's another good thing - it's 15 minutes from my house.

I've spent most of my free time sitting in the boat in my driveway, owner's manual in one hand, cold beer in the other with the stereo on. I'm registering the boat on Tuesday -- will put her in the water for my first time on Saturday. I can't wait and neither can the kids.

See you on the water.

DEAD

Jman
05-16-2006, 12:58 PM
FDG,

How old are your kids? My son just turned six and loves to wakeboard. We also love camping. I've spent a fair amount of time boating in the driveway too. LOL

Jman

TN_Boarder
05-16-2006, 01:12 PM
Congrats FDG! I pick up my 06 LSV this Saturday and hope to get her in the water the same day. I live in Portland, TN but work in Nashville so I'll probably be on Percy for a few Week day afternoons. We enjoy camping on Cordell Hull at either Defeated Creek or Salt Lick. The lake is kinda small and usually cold but not very crowded and its a beautiful place. We'll also be making our way up to Dale Hollow which is where we're originally from and still have family there. My color scheme is white, blue, granite (just like the promo boat) so keep a look out.

YellowMoomba0
05-16-2006, 02:14 PM
Im glad im not the only one.... bought the 04 Outback in 04. Picked up in Atlanta 3 hours away. Got home at 12:30 am, wife turned on all flood lights and brought 2 beers. We sat in the bow, in the drive way until 2:00 am. I was back up at 6:30 pacing around the trailor inspecting everything while nursing coffee. I stopped at 4 rest stops and one welcome center from GA to SC just to look at it on the way home. Congratulations and have fun.

futuredeadguy
05-20-2006, 08:30 PM
It's official - It took me an extra week, but finally got on the water today. Everything went great, even though it's been many years since I launched and re-trailered. Man I love the way this thing sounds. It felt great pulling, too.

One glitch, though. I have the five prong trailer wires. I added the back-up light connection to make the trailer brakes unlock when in reverse, but something just isn't right. I have to 'trick' the trailer into letting me back up. If I hit the brakes while going forward, then put it in reverse, the trailer brakes will not unlock.

I have to shift from drive to neutral, coast to a stop, then put it in reverse without touching the brake. After that, the trailer brakes are not locked. I think I have a bad solenoid in the trailer, but I'm not sure. I have tested my wiring job and it's OK. Anyone have any ideas on this?

I can use this trick at ramps with no problem, but today when I was putting the boat away, I was facing downhill (backing uphill), and I don't want to shift my truck into reverse while coasting forward at about 5 mph. (Automatic Tranny)

Despite this issue, I still absolutely love my boat. We had a blast today.

Jman, re: your question - my boys are 8 and 11. We're doing a father/son - father/daughter camping weekend at Priest in mid-June with a couple of neighbors and my boss and his sons. We have two beautiful waterfront sites next to each other and they're also right next to the ramp. If you guys would like to come pitch a tent, you're more than welcome. These sites are very hard to get - I was extremely lucky to get two. It's going to be an awesome weekend.

Did I mention I love my boat? YES!!!!!

DEAD

futuredeadguy
05-20-2006, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by TN_Boarder
...We enjoy camping on Cordell Hull at either Defeated Creek or Salt Lick. The lake is kinda small and usually cold but not very crowded and its a beautiful place...

Come out and camp with us, then. I promise I'll tow all of my own friends/neighbors. Sure would be cool to have a flotilla of Moombas parked in front of the campsites at the end of the day.

DEAD

futuredeadguy
05-20-2006, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by YellowMoomba0

Im glad im not the only one.... bought the 04 Outback in 04. Picked up in Atlanta 3 hours away. Got home at 12:30 am, wife turned on all flood lights and brought 2 beers. We sat in the bow, in the drive way until 2:00 am. I was back up at 6:30 pacing around the trailor inspecting everything while nursing coffee. I stopped at 4 rest stops and one welcome center from GA to SC just to look at it on the way home. Congratulations and have fun.

Thanks, YM. We started storing the boat at my wife's uncle's house today, so unfortunately my driveway time is now going to be pretty limited. Too bad - the stereo in my boat is my favorite. I miss my boat and it's only been a couple of hours!

The uncle has an unused shelter he's letting us use and it's just a couple miles from the lake. My driveway, on the other hand, is a nightmare.

DEAD

YellowMoomba0
05-22-2006, 03:54 PM
I have a 4 Prong harness. For reverse I flip the harness and connect only the three male ends on the trailor side to the three female ends on the car side. Then I turn the parking lights on. For some reason this tricks the trailor into thinking its wired for it and the parking lights double as reversing lights. Works great for me. I am not sure how this would work with a five prong. It does not work with me with headlights all the way on. Give that a try and if it works then up or down hill reverse should not matter.

05-23-2006, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by yellowmoomba0

I have a 4 Prong harness. For reverse I flip the harness and connect only the three male ends on the trailor side to the three female ends on the car side. Then I turn the parking lights on. For some reason this tricks the trailor into thinking its wired for it and the parking lights double as reversing lights. Works great for me. I am not sure how this would work with a five prong. It does not work with me with headlights all the way on. Give that a try and if it works then up or down hill reverse should not matter.

That sounds like it will work. How did you figure that one out? I'll try it next weekend. Thanks!

DEAD