PDA

View Full Version : perfect wake

x2bseen
05-07-2006, 07:26 PM
I recently purchased a Mobious XLV. It has the 3 system ballast on it ( one in the middle and one on either side in the back of the boat.) I have taken it out a couple of times and cannot seem to get a perfect wake until 27 mph. This is too fast for a wakeboarding speed. If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate them. ;)

05mobiusxlv
05-07-2006, 10:51 PM
I also had a lot of problems getting the perfect wake right away. I had the same ballast set up you do. You will find out how sensitive the wake is. You have to make sure that your weight is balanced on both sides. Even a 100lb person sitting on the wrong side can mess up your wake. The best shaped wakes with this boat are at about 22 to 23 mph. When I got a boat full of people, I would have to dump the rear bags to even things out.

This web sight should help you out
http://www.wakeworld.com/tricklist/tricktip029.asp

pjtatro
05-08-2006, 11:33 AM
First off, make sure you are really going 27. Did you check this with a GPS?

Do you have the hydraulic wakeplate? This makes a huge difference, though if there is not wakeplate you should be pretty good.

If you are riding in rough water and trying to get a good wake you will be dissapointed, this is true for any wakeboard boat (yes Ed, not if you are surfing.......). Chop just seems to kill any decent shape.

I find that for newer riders the I can use no ballast and go about 18 mph with a beautiful wake, with the bags full I need to go 22-24 with the plate most of the way up.

Pete
05 GG XLV

Smrtz
05-08-2006, 12:04 PM
so then does this go for all our boats? wakeplate up = bigger wake?

pjtatro
05-08-2006, 10:46 PM
Yes, when it is down you are lengthing your boat and pushing the nose further down, by raising it you are allowing the transom to sink further into the water.

Pete

DC_B
05-09-2006, 12:57 PM
I have an 04 xlv and we run a minimum of 1000 lbs. in the front with just the stock bags in the rear that helps keep the wake from rolling over. We board at 23 to 24 mph.