PDA

View Full Version : Fresh Air Exhaust sale

mikenehrkorn
11-03-2014, 09:57 AM
If anyone missed the last group buy and looking for an FAE they are having a sale for their 10 yr anniversay -- use promo code CELEBRATE10. Good thru 11/30/14.

996scott
11-04-2014, 11:29 AM
How much of a discount?

bergermaister
11-04-2014, 11:46 AM
10%
10 characters

mikenehrkorn
11-04-2014, 11:47 AM
10% off.....

Blueliner
11-04-2014, 11:51 AM
Is FAE absolutely necessary? We are 95% wakeboarding, but once I get our ballast upgraded (and I learn how to dial a boat) we would like to give wake surfing a try. I am wondering if anyone surfs behind a non FAE XLV like mine?

Regards
Blueliner

mikenehrkorn
11-04-2014, 12:09 PM
Is FAE absolutely necessary? We are 95% wakeboarding, but once I get our ballast upgraded (and I learn how to dial a boat) we would like to give wake surfing a try. I am wondering if anyone surfs behind a non FAE XLV like mine?

Regards
Blueliner

No, not necessary, but it does seem to control the CO better and makes the engine much quieter.

trayson
11-04-2014, 01:12 PM

Regards
Blueliner

Necessary? Probably not. But it's sure nice to not have the CO2 cloud in your face (most the time it's not that bad and I don't notice it, but I certainly have wished it wasn't there). Noise is a huge factor. putting on a FAE is like doubling your stereo, it makes things that much quieter. It's on my list of mods that I want for my XLV just because it'll make the boating experience that much more enjoyable. I had a prototype of one on my Supra for a day and it was super cool.

mmandley
11-05-2014, 03:16 PM

Regards
Blueliner

No it was really required then Boats would come with them.

When we started using them in 2010 it was because when surfing my wife would get a headach. Also sometimes myself and my buddy would as well after surfing.

Once we looked into it is when I learned of the CO issue at the rear of the boat.

We got one for the 08 LSV we had and where very pleased with the lack of noise and headachs.

Once we got the 13 Mojo with Cats I assumed we wouldn't need an FAE. The Cats made the engine noticeably quieter then the 08 LSV.

After only a couple weeks what we noticed was bad exhaust odor when turning around. This was due to when the surfer falls, and then you cut throttle, let the wave spin you around. Well this wave pushed all that smell up into the boat.

I did some researching and the Cats don't remove CO, so in fact over time I'm sure the headachs would return.

We ordered one for the Mojo. Of course I enjoy the quieter engine, but what I really like is no exhaust smell.

Now a lot more boat companies are coming out with SURF pipe adapters, or Turn downs. This keeps the exhaust output slightly under the water line when the boat is moving, this in returns does a similar job as the FAE but the FAE is 10-12 inches under the water line.