PDA

View Full Version : Different Muffler Leak

Garn
10-27-2014, 01:28 PM
I too have a muffler leak. But mine isn't actually the muffler. It is where the muffler attaches to the hose going out the back of the boat. In the picture you can see a metal strap right where the two come together. The strap also attaches to the boat. That is where it is leaking. What do I need to do to fix it so it doesn't leak water any longer?

Thanks,

Garn

viking
10-27-2014, 02:55 PM
Double check where it's leaking to be sure. I removed both my mufflers when they were leaking a few years back to isolate the issue. I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same problem? The outlet/inlet of the mufflers are about 3" and the muffler itself approx 5". The inlets/outlets adapters are inserts glued to the ID of the muffler. They had both sprung a leak and one of the inserts pulled right out when I twisted it with minimal pressure. From the outside it all looks like one molded piece but they are not. I'd venture to say it was failed adhesive/sealer they used around that model year if you find the same issue.

Double check your hose clamps to ensure they are tight and it's not leaking there first!!

snowboardcorey
10-27-2014, 03:49 PM
The dual hose clamps are the actual connection to the exhaust hose, it seems like the part you are describing is just a "hanger" for the muffler. I'd check what viking said, if that's the case you will want to replace the entire muffler if you can't patch the hole(s).