PDA

View Full Version : Fogging the Mondo..

Sampp1963
10-26-2014, 11:13 AM
here's my Sunday morning question...

Just finish winterizing my new Mondo. When I sprayed the fogging oil after removing the flame arrestor, it has no effect in the motor. Usually, on my 2006 Outback, the motor was stalling...coughing.... With the mondo, nope!! And I did put a lot of fogging oil... Normal or not??

Canada strong.......

jstenger
10-26-2014, 12:34 PM
Per Indmar, do not spray fogging oil into the throttle body on an engine with cats! Only remove the spark plugs and spray right into the cylinders.

Sampp1963
10-26-2014, 04:34 PM
EFI engine......and I also sprayed right into the cylinders....

Sampp1963
10-26-2014, 06:41 PM
How do I know if it's cat or not??? Pretty sure it's is with the EXt/CAT sticker on the manifold...

Sampp1963
10-27-2014, 07:16 AM
Is it bad if I sprayed oil in the throttle body? What could happen? Beside "not doing it next time I winterized", anything I should do to correct this?

sandm
10-27-2014, 07:43 AM
I have heard it messes with the o2 sensors from actually burning the fogging oil, hence the reason you don't spray on cat engines.

uniwarking
10-27-2014, 07:59 AM
What type of fogging oil did you use? Some claim to be "safe for catalyzed engines." Either way, what's done is done and I'm sure things will be fine in the spring... there are conflicting recommendations all over the place for fogging....

MLA
10-27-2014, 08:47 AM
Is it bad if I sprayed oil in the throttle body? What could happen? Beside "not doing it next time I winterized", anything I should do to correct this?

The theory for not inducing into the throttle body of a running engine is that the oil can coat the air intake temp sensor. Fogging at all, could be due to possible damage to the O2 sensor and CATs.

Sampp1963
10-27-2014, 07:28 PM
What type of fogging oil did you use? Some claim to be "safe for catalyzed engines." Either way, what's done is done and I'm sure things will be fine in the spring... there are conflicting recommendations all over the place for fogging....

Fogging can from Canadian Tire...nothing mentioned on the can...
And pretty sure it will be fine too...I just won't do it again

Sampp1963
10-27-2014, 07:32 PM
Just talk to the dealer...he's also confident that every thing will be find in the spring.... I will definitely just fog the spark plugs next time..as mentioned in the indmar manual: fog every cylinder, crank the motor and put back the spark plug in....