PDA

View Full Version : nautique buys pcm

sandm
10-20-2014, 01:54 PM
found this on another forum..

ORLANDO, FL (October 20, 2014) Today Correct Craft announced it has acquired the companies who manufacture both PCM Marine Engines and Crusader Engines. The acquisition became effective on October, 16, 2014.

Correct Craft, the owner of both Nautique Boat Company and Aktion Parks, now owns 100% of both PCM Marine Engines and Crusader Engines. Correct Craft announced it has no plans to change either the management or the location of the engine companies.

PCM, manufacturer of the world’s best engines, has been in business for nearly forty years providing outstanding engines and service all over the world from its headquarters in Little Mountain, South Carolina. PCM is known for premier product, unsurpassed quality, leading innovation and exceptional service.

Crusader Engines, also manufactured in Little Mountain, South Carolina, is highly regarded as a premier manufacturer of engines used in salt water. This past year Crusader expanded their product offering with its outstanding new “Challenger” series of inboard towsport engines.

Correct Craft’s President and CEO Bill Yeargin stated, "PCM and Crusader are two of the top engine manufacturers in the world and we could not be happier to have them as part of the Correct Craft family.” “I look forward to working with the outstanding PCM and Crusader teams as together we look for opportunities to make their excellent products, service and brands even better. The future of both brands is bright!” Yeargin added.

To read more about this acquisition in Bill Yeargin’s CEO blog please click HERE

wolfeman131
10-20-2014, 07:54 PM
Interesting. I wonder how this might impact other manufacturers that run PCM?

rdlangston13
10-20-2014, 09:00 PM
Interesting. I wonder how this might impact other manufacturers that run PCM?

That's exactly what I was thinking.

Sent from my iPhone

jmvotto
10-20-2014, 09:29 PM
Really only effects centurion.. Nice little vertical integration.

Suprahunter
10-22-2014, 07:58 AM
It probably wont change anything at PCM . Pretty smart for Nautique to buy their supplier and guaranty their supply line.

patrick232
10-22-2014, 11:01 AM
Didn't Mercury marine try this about 10 years ago. They bought some of there customers and it did not turn out so well.

viking
10-24-2014, 02:48 PM
I'm pretty sure PCM owns Crusader and they supply Supreme, Axis, and Malibu.

wolfeman131
10-24-2014, 06:29 PM
PCM does own the Crusader line and Supreme runs that motor, but I think 'bu & Axis run Indmar. A press release stated there wouldn't be any changes.

jmvotto
10-24-2014, 10:28 PM
PCM does own the Crusader line and Supreme runs that motor, but I think 'bu & Axis run Indmar. A press released stated there wouldn't be any changes.
Yes that is what I saw