PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Moomba not starting!?!?

MoombaPat
10-09-2014, 05:45 PM
Hey!

2000 Moomba Outback LS

I have replaced my plugs already to
Make sure it wasn't something as simple as that.

What's happening is I am able to crank the engine but it isn't turning over. I'm able to get it to turn over with starting fluid and keep it running for a few seconds but dies out. I'm thinking it is the fuel pump/filter/lines. If anyone has any input I'd appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sivs1
10-09-2014, 05:51 PM
Sounds like the issues I had when I needed to replace my fuel filter. Much cheaper then the pump.

parrothd
10-09-2014, 06:06 PM
Carbed? There's a large screw, one on each fuel chamber, those are the large rectangle areas on the front and back off the carb, unscrew one and see if fuel comes out..

MoombaPat
10-09-2014, 07:55 PM
Yeah, it is the carb model (4 barrel) I'll check it in the morning and get back to you if there is fuel or not. Also, where is the fuel filter located in my boat? I
Looked along the line and assume it's all the way under the seat by the tank, if so I have no idea how I'm going to replace it... Any suggestions/ideas? Also, do you think I shod go ahead and replace the fuel/water separator and pretty much do a full fuel line clean up?

parrothd
10-09-2014, 08:24 PM
Follow the hose..:)

MoombaPat
10-09-2014, 08:32 PM
Very wise advice lol, does my model just have the separator and not an inline filter?

MoombaPat
10-10-2014, 04:07 PM
Replaced the water fuel separator and the filter, cleaned the fuel pump out. Not getting any fuels to the carbs. So I'm going to order a new fuel pump and replace it when I get back from deployment. Wish I had time to fix it but it's not going to happen in a day...

parrothd
10-10-2014, 04:17 PM
Did you test the pump? Connect 12v+ to the terminal on the pump and see if it works. I run a wire from the large red wire on the starter to the pump.

MoombaPat
10-11-2014, 07:26 PM
I unfortunately didn't have the chance to continue working with it, I had to get it stirred before I deploy tomorrow. Hopefully I'll figure it out once I get back next year.