PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Moomba Outback?

jdjense5
10-09-2014, 12:05 AM
Hi,
This is the first forum I have ever been a member of so I apologize if I'm not following rules here. I have been looking to purchase a 2000 moomba outback. Looks like I can get it for 11,000 even. Has 560 hrs, wakeboard tower, speakers, amp, sub, new upholstery, and the overall conditon is great. Trailer has new tires, and also seems to be in good conditon. I have yet to see it run, but from what I am told, it has no mechanical problems.

A few questions:
1: will it throw a decent wakeboard wake?
2: can you add enough weight to surf behind this model?
3: does the price seem right?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

bergermaister
10-09-2014, 12:12 AM
Welcome to the forum! We'll be more than happy to help you spend every penny you have. Just ki.... uh, ya. Anyway, the short answer to your questions: Yes, Yes and Yes.

Some other members on here with similar year outbacks will surely chime in soon.

Any pictures available of the one you're looking at?

jdjense5
10-09-2014, 12:42 AM
Here are some photos.

sandm
10-09-2014, 08:28 AM
good looking boat.

my .02.. if you can swing more coin and don't mind waiting/shopping, I'd hold out for a v-drive a foot or 2 longer. saves the expense of getting into a boat and deciding in a year or 2 that you want a larger wake or better/longer surfwave if boarding/surfing are your primary goals. winter is just around the corner and should be some good deals out there right now.
if that's the budget, I'd say you found a good deal there.

notice how we already started suggesting to spend more money :)

kaneboats
10-09-2014, 10:16 AM
I have some advice too. BUY IT! And don't look back. It's a great boat for the money. The fact they dropped the $3k or more to redo the interior tells you they cared for the boat. That is the one you want and the one your buyer will want down the road when you move up to a V-drive.

The one you don't want is the one where they skimped on spending money (there's that money thing again) on maintenance, etc. That does not appear to be the case with this one. It looks fantastic. Make sure you water test it. If it sounds like it looks then you will be very happy.

deerfield
10-09-2014, 10:14 PM
I have a more current version (2007) of the same boat. Primary purpose was skiing, replacing a Nautique. However, most of the activity behind the boat is wakeboarding. My sons are intermidediate skill level. For them the Outback works just fine. Have not tried surfing. If the 2000 is in good shape and runs solid, I would buy. I am a direct-drive guy.

Hi,
This is the first forum I have ever been a member of so I apologize if I'm not following rules here. I have been looking to purchase a 2000 moomba outback. Looks like I can get it for 11,000 even. Has 560 hrs, wakeboard tower, speakers, amp, sub, new upholstery, and the overall conditon is great. Trailer has new tires, and also seems to be in good conditon. I have yet to see it run, but from what I am told, it has no mechanical problems.

A few questions:
1: will it throw a decent wakeboard wake?
2: can you add enough weight to surf behind this model?
3: does the price seem right?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

kaneboats
10-10-2014, 07:40 AM
Well, Stu, you are just going to have to head down to FL over the winter and try some surfing. You'll be sacking out the O/B in no time.

liquid_acid
10-13-2014, 04:54 PM
That's a great deal.

I have a 98' outback and love it. It puts out a decent size wake with a few people and a full tank of gas. Still working on getting the surf wake dialed in.

The problem I am facing is I can't really weight down the middle/front because the bow is so low to the water to begin with. I believe they changed the hull design in 99-2000.