PDA

View Full Version : Anyone heard of Pavati Wakeboard Boats?

irish-racing
10-06-2014, 04:09 PM
I have been screwing aroudn on the internet today and stumbled across this Pavati Wakeboard boat. It looks awesome. If I can ever afford one I will get one. What do you guys think of it?

I can't imagine the time it takes to build one completely out of aluminium. That's a lot of work.

http://pavati.com/al-24/

http://www.midwayautosales.com/boat_listing.php?stock=Pavati

tnbrooks01
10-06-2014, 04:29 PM
Yeah, don't know much about it other than its aluminum.

Maybe I'm wrong. It it seems to me the aluminum would get super hot in the Oklahoma summers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sivs1
10-06-2014, 04:29 PM
They were at the boat show I went to last January. Really nice looking, but the aluminum reminded me of a river boat, just didn't seem as refined as fiberglass.

mcdye
10-06-2014, 04:34 PM
Locally dealer finally got one. Sure I will at least seat in it at the boat show... http://www.xtrememarineinc.com/pre_owned_detail.asp?veh=3910304&nv=y

smorris7
10-06-2014, 04:43 PM
What I do know is they are priced at the G 25 level. 140k to 165k for their 24 footer.

smorris7
10-06-2014, 04:47 PM
Pavati is actually a river boat company. I believe it's the son who has spun off the wake boat. They look pretty refined to me! Looks more like a work of art.

valleywine
10-06-2014, 04:54 PM
Pavati is actually a river boat company. I believe it's the son who has spun off the wake boat. They look pretty refined to me! Looks more like a work of art.

I think you're right smorris7. Not sure there is much, if any, downfall to the aluminum construction. Don't think it would get hot either. They are real nice, but too expensive for me. Maybe they will become more reasonable when more are made. I think they are only making a few custom boats right now. It looks awesome though.

viking
10-06-2014, 05:54 PM
They've been in the works for about 3 years now. Headquartered in PNW. Their drift boats are top notch. They've been doing a ton of refinements and R&D. If you want true custom they will do it. I believe a couple members surfed it a year ago at the polar bear and it's been changed even more since then. I see a ton of benefits over glass and would definitely go that route if money were not object.

sandm
10-07-2014, 07:50 AM
got to surf this boat in '12 at the polar bear. correct in the owners son is the driving force behind this boat. seemed committed to make the boat work and took a lot of great notes.
my perceptions of the boat were amazing build quality. granted cannot compare alum to fiberglas but all the welds were top notch and the materials used in the boat seemed to be sourced from the fountain/donzi market- all top of the line.
I did not see it friday night but heard that the wakeboard wake was legit from others that took a ride in it. surfwave was challenging to say the least to surf. boat needed a lot more weight than it had. rear seat was not sealed to hull so every time we stopped, water flooded the bilge from the wave pushing the back of the boat. he had 2 pumps that were not able to keep up. if the back would have been properly sealed, I think we could have dialed the boat in more, but we spent over half of our 2hrs of surf time bailing out the bilge. search the wake9.com site and you will find surf vids from '12 of the boat.

it was quite funny to come back to swap boats where the houseboats were anchored in lake oroville. the wakeboats would tiptoe up to the houseboats and tie off. chuck ran the boat right up the sand/rock bank and let it flop over like a river jetboat. that drew a lot of looks the first time he did it...

trayson
10-07-2014, 11:39 AM
That would be interesting to say the least.

I climbed all over one at the Portland boat show. the one I was in had the ability to have like 4,000 pounds of factory ballast and had direct copies of the Nautique Surf System blades. They had tons of cool tech in them.

Likewise, if money was no object I'd have one just to be different.

They're a few hours south of us. I'd still like to ride one someday.

smorris7
10-07-2014, 04:14 PM
http://www.alliancewake.com/wake/surf-expo-behind-the-scenes-2015-pavati-boats/

For your viewing pleasure. 2015 Pavati behind the scenes.

https://vimeo.com/86152624

bergermaister
10-07-2014, 05:45 PM
Looks like the dash hasn't changed yet - as in could be more refined.

@2:37 - still seems like an afterthought to me. Kind of random.

Beejwest
10-10-2014, 06:37 PM
The diesel option is where it's at! I have wondered since getting into my LSV, why no one made a diesel wake boat. Especially in a V-drive where weight in the rear isn't an issue. Seems to me, a diesel is the perfect motor for these boats, with relatively low speeds required, tons of torque, low revs, and diesels love to run long and steady just like a sweet surf session. Only issue I noted with the option on this AL is the diesel seems a bit under powered.

I want to see someone cook up a home brewed Duramax conversion on an XLV......takers?

sandm
10-10-2014, 07:17 PM
someone did an epic in a diesel. I think the cost difference negates them being a realistic option at this point, but I think of the average rpms when surfing seem to fit a diesel well(2800 on my boat) but wonder if boarding and tubing would push a diesel too hard. gotta build the boats for the masses, not just surfing.

viking
10-10-2014, 09:29 PM
PPE built a cigarette boat with a duramax diesel a while back and it was recently for sale. I heard they had a wakeboat conversion in the works and that was all earlier this year If I remember right?

Found a few links:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4ugzTL2y1U

http://ppediesel.com/Domn8erSale.html

viking
01-05-2015, 03:59 PM
The evolution continues:

http://www.unleashedwakemag.com/?p=13443

trayson
01-05-2015, 04:23 PM
The evolution continues:

http://www.unleashedwakemag.com/?p=13443

Hopefully they have something to see at the PDX boat show. They were there last year.

I wonder what's so special about the "Ice Breaker™ cup holders"...

sandm
01-05-2015, 06:00 PM
says the boat is "in demand". wonder how many they have deposits on or orders placed?

I hope that they make it as a wakeboat builder, but my guess is in 5 years, it's still just a small sideline draining capital off the core fishing business. chuck was a great guy and a lot of ideas, but didn't impress much as a salesman committed to moving the brand forward.

mikenehrkorn
01-05-2015, 06:02 PM
"In demand" could also be one person called and asked some questions 😜

trayson
01-05-2015, 06:11 PM
says the boat is "in demand". wonder how many they have deposits on or orders placed?

I hope that they make it as a wakeboat builder, but my guess is in 5 years, it's still just a small sideline draining capital off the core fishing business. chuck was a great guy and a lot of ideas, but didn't impress much as a salesman committed to moving the brand forward.

If money was no object, I'd throw down and buy one...

viking
01-05-2015, 06:40 PM

Me too! Not afraid of the boat at all. Just the price tag :)

sandm
01-06-2015, 06:39 AM

I'd like to say I would, but reality would push me into a g series before I'd spend the cash on theirs-money no object anyway. last I heard the 24ft was pushing north of 100k. chuck loaded it up with name brand gear, but still competing against proven boats and the only real selling feature is the aluminum hull that really has no audience outside of the pac nw.

viking
01-06-2015, 09:12 AM
That's precisely why "money no object" would sway me to Pavati. The durability of an aluminum boat and being able to take a majority of worry away from damage to the hull. Unfortunately we do not have the luxury of soft sandy shores around here and the rocky shores and debris scattered about where we tend to boat would make an aluminum boat a very practical application.
Not to mention you can have it built totally custom to your tastes and likes. I'd order 1 up in a heartbeat.
I really don't have to worry about it unless I win the lottery.

sandm
01-06-2015, 10:19 AM
hear ya on the lottery thing :) won't be a problem I'll ever have..

kaneboats
01-06-2015, 11:20 AM
They need to figure out how to make it so it's not so dang fugly.

trayson
01-06-2015, 12:34 PM
I'd like to say I would, but reality would push me into a g series before I'd spend the cash on theirs-money no object anyway. last I heard the 24ft was pushing north of 100k. chuck loaded it up with name brand gear, but still competing against proven boats and the only real selling feature is the aluminum hull that really has no audience outside of the pac nw.

Well, as far as the "proven" aspect, their surf system is a dead on copy of the NSS, so that's proven! haha!

sandm
01-06-2015, 01:38 PM
waiting for the lawsuit from that :)
unless chuck is paying for the rights to use it. would not put that past him either. I would bet he has a TON of capital tied up in the first few boats..

trayson
01-09-2015, 02:20 PM
waiting for the lawsuit from that :)
unless chuck is paying for the rights to use it. would not put that past him either. I would bet he has a TON of capital tied up in the first few boats..

He did pay for the rights. the same company that designed them for Correct craft licensed them to Pavati. But this year pavati went with a different design that still is similar to the nss, but redesigned, with a different brand of actuator.

I crawled all over the newest pavati boat at the boat show and we talked to Chuck for quite a while.

They've probably only got ~20 boats out in the marketplace, but they're looking to do about 100 in 2015. One of the surf companies (Inland Surfer?) is going to have a Pavati as their team boat.

the boat I was in has 4200 pounds of stock ballast and can have an extra hard tank done for another 800 pounds center. Lots of cool innovation.

I asked them about the "icebreaker" cup holders (they didn't have them installed on this boat) and they are actually refrigerated cup holders. expect to see them on more high end wake boats in the future. But I guess they're pretty expensive.

They even had an integrated cam in the tower. It was kind of like a dash cam on a car and was kind of fun.

MrAmerican
10-28-2018, 04:53 PM
Sorry I'm late
Pavati claims to have the biggest surf wake in the world... you don't just go around saying that. They look good, most people don't like the tower but I personally do. They are real pricey starting from 243,000, which is expensive, all the way up to 325K! They have a lot of hp of over 500. There are a ton of features to an all aluminum hull, not to mention it is fully welded. If you want to know more they have a ton of specs on their site: https://www.pavati.com/

also tnbrooks01, aluminum doesn't get hot.

elevatedconcept
10-28-2018, 05:52 PM
You can look at that wave and deduce a few things. Its turbulent, messy, folds over early and is no where near what they claim IMO. Im still a massive fan given its construction but they have some work still to do. Side note... why is every MFG using the same promo video music? Go check Tige, Supra and Pavati. They all used the same music. You would have thought someone would have caught that...

dakota4ce
10-28-2018, 06:08 PM
Biggest surf wave in the world. Something that cannot be measured and uses an undefined superlative. It actually sounds silly.

That wave is the best I have ever seen behind a Pavati, but nowhere near amazing. It’s a little bit of a mess yet. The boats are amazing, just not that wave.

Shoebox
10-28-2018, 07:24 PM
Did they license the Surfgate from Malibu?

Boonejeepin
10-28-2018, 10:03 PM
You can look at that wave and deduce a few things. Its turbulent, messy, folds over early and is no where near what they claim IMO. Im still a massive fan given its construction but they have some work still to do. Side note... why is every MFG using the same promo video music? Go check Tige, Supra and Pavati. They all used the same music. You would have thought someone would have caught that...

Is it free public domain musics clips?

MJHSupra
10-29-2018, 05:32 AM
Funny how these old threads come back - 2014.

Cool boats, who has seen one in the water?

DFTR Josh
10-29-2018, 09:31 AM
I have a buddy that ordered one and taking over a year to build. He will have one in UT for the 2019 season, stoked to see it preform.

larry_arizona
10-29-2018, 10:01 AM
The engineering looks very impressive for sure.

Would love to see one in the wild. The graphics packages are a little over the top, but they look to be a hell of an awesome boat.

I still don’t think I would run one up on the beach.

trayson
10-29-2018, 11:19 AM
Did they license the Surfgate from Malibu?

No, they licensed the NSS system that Nautique uses. They licensed it from the same company that provides it to Nautique. I asked Chuck about it at the boat show a couple years ago.

Shoebox
10-29-2018, 11:21 AM
No, they licensed the NSS system that Nautique uses. They licensed it from the same company that provides it to Nautique. I asked Chuck about it at the boat show a couple years ago.I was looking at the videos and pics of the boat. It looks like it has big surfgates on the back, and in the videos there's a big rooster tail on the non-surf side like you get from a suckgate.

The Malibu dealer told me Nautique licenses NSS from Malibu.

trayson
10-29-2018, 11:45 AM
I was looking at the videos and pics of the boat. It looks like it has big surfgates on the back, and in the videos there's a big rooster tail on the non-surf side like you get from a suckgate.

The Malibu dealer told me Nautique licenses NSS from Malibu.

You're probably right then. It does looks like it has surf gates. If they previously licensed the NSS, it's likely that they did the same thing and moved over to using surf gates now.

Like I said, the NSS that was on the Pavati's from a few years back was identical to the NSS on the G23. And I did ask how they could do that, and he told me that they paid to be licensed to use it. I'd imagine that they sell so few pavati's that it wasn't a huge threat.

jason1973
10-29-2018, 12:59 PM
Sorry, but looking at their prices i can't imagine them being any better than a boat $200,000 less from one of the major mfg's. Kind of silly they think they can position themselves in this market with list prices of $324,000...

Shoebox
10-29-2018, 01:17 PM
There are a couple of guys I know of on my lake (doctors) who buy a new G25 every year. They don't board, surf, or ski. It's just a status symbol. Those guys are the Pavati market.

sandm
10-29-2018, 02:01 PM
jason1973,
sure tray can speak to it as well but having been on an early production '12 pavatti, the quality and fit/finish would put any of the "big 3" wakemakers to shame. it was hands down the best built wakeboat I have been on and all the materials they are using are top notch. crawl up under your mondo dash when you get it and compare the wire runs and looms to the pavatti and you will see what I'm talking about.
it had some poor design elements and the wave was not good but it would look like they have fixed those issues and knowing you are getting a handbuilt boat there's a premium to it. not to mention it was cool to see them beach it just like a tooner or river boat and not care about putting a nick in the gel.

if you ever get a chance, crawl all over one. the quality of the welds and materials selected are top notch. they will sell a few every year.

larry_arizona
10-29-2018, 02:09 PM
There are a couple of guys I know of on my lake (doctors) who buy a new G25 every year. They don't board, surf, or ski. It's just a status symbol. Those guys are the Pavati market.

Ahhhh the old f u money market.

trayson
10-29-2018, 03:49 PM
jason1973,
sure tray can speak to it as well but having been on an early production '12 pavatti, the quality and fit/finish would put any of the "big 3" wakemakers to shame. it was hands down the best built wakeboat I have been on and all the materials they are using are top notch. crawl up under your mondo dash when you get it and compare the wire runs and looms to the pavatti and you will see what I'm talking about.
it had some poor design elements and the wave was not good but it would look like they have fixed those issues and knowing you are getting a handbuilt boat there's a premium to it. not to mention it was cool to see them beach it just like a tooner or river boat and not care about putting a nick in the gel.

if you ever get a chance, crawl all over one. the quality of the welds and materials selected are top notch. they will sell a few every year.

They really do put some amazing innovation into their boats. Like 2 or 3 years ago, they had Refrigerated cup holders. Yes, you're hearing me correct. The idea is crazy, but props to them for thinking of crazy cool stuff (even if unnecessary) that others aren't doing. And I'd much rather see them pushing the envelope on Wake boats than sitting in their comfortable safe spot of fishing boats.